Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Yeah mate, no. That's not a normal thing, and you should probably review your friend groups.
    You are telling me that i'm looking at all of your chat groups from 2013 to now, there is not a single one where a joke about a minority or slang terms to describe someone has been used ?

I'm pretty sure i can log into discord right now and check a community you are in as a wow player and today someone made an appropriate joke and the reactions would go from laughing to not caring.

The same thing went for the director of guardian of the galaxy where they digged old racist tweets and he lost his job.

I'm not saying this should be the norm, i'm just saying people shouldnt act like it's suddenly a shocker and start to dig every single out of context picture.
    Last edited by Ezyah; 2021-07-28 at 10:40 PM.

The pyramids would of never been built with this mindset!

To all the coping MRAs shrieking about how the Cosby suite must be innocent because the bombastic allegations only came out in 2014 (despite their being numerous earlier allegations and public knowledge he was a massive party hound). It was still used to gain access to and ply alcohol to 'chixx' for the purpose of gaining a supply of sex with or without consent. By blizzard employees, at what is obstinately a work event.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzzave View Post
    They don't have a union or a bargaining unit so I don't know what they really expect beyond Acti-Blizz cleaning up the immediate mess from the DFEH lawsuit. Ending arbitration won't be on the table, worker oversight of hiring and promotion won't be on the table, and more pay transparency probably won't happen.
    Forced arbitration has actually already been banned by the CA legislature, the amendment is just being buried under litigation by big business to suppress it as long as possible. Frankly as someone who works in a non-US jurisdiction, I'm still shocked every time I find out it was ever legal since it directly undermines the judiciary and the law of contract.

Also, yes a union would be good, the more Americans who wake up and realise pretty much every western country has better working conditions then them because their labour movements weren't killed by corporatists the better.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Throw both kotick and Brack out on their dumb fucken asses

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    You are telling me that i'm looking at all of your chat groups from 2013 to now, there is not a single one where a joke about a minority or slang terms to describe someone has been used ?

I'm pretty sure i can log into discord right now and check a community you are in as a wow player and today someone made an appropriate joke and the reactions would go from laughing to not carring.
    Shockingly I don't have group chats with my co-workers about acquiring women to ply with alcohol and attempt to gain sexual advantage of at work events. If you do you might wish to report those people to the police.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmazard View Post
    I'm ethnically Jewish, do I get to be offended by this?
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Shockingly I don't have group chats with my co-workers about acquiring women to ply with alcohol and attempt to gain sexual advantage of at work events. If you do you might wish to report those people to the police.
    That's what you took from that? Stop adding things that weren't said. People make gender and sex jokes all the time, ever watch stand up comedy? Like any at all? Ever watch Married with Children, Howard Stern? The definition of Sex Jokes is not "about acquiring women to ply with alcohol and attempt to gain sexual advantage of at work events." So stop adding that to what people are trying to say.

The end of forced arbitration for all employees.
    Worker participation in oversight of hiring and promotion policies.
    The need for greater pay transparency to ensure equality.
    Employee selection of a third party to audit HR and other company processes.

Perhaps he would like his name on the deed to the building next...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    I'm ethnically Jewish, do I get to be offended by this?
    Would you like to be offended by that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    I'm not in a lot of Discord groups, but I can attest that the ones I am in will not tolerate racist / sexist behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Eh, taken out of context, I'm pretty sure I could find some damning shit in some of your conversations. That goes for anyone and everyone.
    Go ahead and audit. I have nothing to hide. You may dig up some juicy defenses of the LGBTQ community from before conversation of that nature was banned on these forums. What you will not find is any racist/sexist comments/behavior - Because that's gross, and not normal.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Yes it is normal. Most people are douches. We "nice people" are a minority.
    I wouldn't say we're a minority. There's more good people out there than you might think. We just have better things to do than try to change others.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Shmazard View Post
    https://www.worldhistory.org/article...ke-in-history/

You couldn't be more wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    if you think big bosses in big company must know what is happening on every desk then you probably 15 or didn't work at all
    Really? That's what you're going with? If I'm 15 then I apparently joined MMO Champion when I was 5.

This isn't a matter of "every desk" ... this is a matter of people in management acting like garbage alongside other people in management. UPPER management. C-level? No. Director and team leads? Yes. In terms of standing in the company a lot of the noteworthy offenders here are either adjacent, or they're direct reports. This is shit-heel behavior at the top of the stack, we don't even have to consider the bottom of the pyramid here.

10+ Year Old Account
    it feels weird to read this, we don't have all of this in europe
    if we're not happy, we leave
    overall we're more concerned about abuses from the government, or when they don't do their job of regulation
    it seems the usa has a different culture
    wishing them the best

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    it feels weird to read this, we don't have all of this in europe
    if we're not happy, we leave
    overall we're more concerned about abuses from the government, or when they don't do their job of regulation
    it seems the usa has a different culture
    wishing them the best
    Hi, also european here and you're so full of shit that I can see the peanuts.

EDIT: except maybe in some backwards pile of shit country like Poland where they're working real hard to narrow the rights for abortion and such.
    Last edited by Tooshie; 2021-07-28 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    That's what you took from that? Stop adding things that weren't said. People make gender and sex jokes all the time, ever watch stand up comedy? Like any at all? Ever watch Married with Children, Howard Stern? The definition of Sex Jokes is not "about acquiring women to ply with alcohol and attempt to gain sexual advantage of at work events." So stop adding that to what people are trying to say.
    I'm sorry, where are the 'jokes' in that group chat again? You know the topic of the discussion in this thread? You know not made up gishgalloping hypotheticals?

Here's an idea how about you stop defending sex pests?

Ok now lets be serious. Blizzard is screwed this time, no way this is just a meme or "people will forget about it in a few days". This time hell is burning for them and damage will be big. More and more comes to light.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Ok now lets be serious. Blizzard is screwed this time, no way this is just a meme or "people will forget about it in a few days". This time hell is burning for them and damage will be big. More and more comes to light.
    I hope some of the ‘fans’ go with them.

The levels of toxic douchebag behaviour on display in these threads has been mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    This is "woke" "cancel culture" that the Leftists are trying to push across our entire country. But 7/8ths of America isn't having it.
    USA is the biggest 3rd world country anyways so who gives a shit.

J needs to resign and they need to promote or hire a woman into the position who can clean up their act, and it would probably be great for WoW and their other games as well.

There's just no other solution at this point.

Blizzard was started buy a bunch of guys who created a guy culture. Many of them grew up and now have good relationships with women. The problem is that these people failed to ensure that the company culture also grew up. They have all had MANY years to get this right, and they have failed to do it, and now they need to pay the price. That's what "taking responsibility" means. There have to be consequences and ramifications for failure. Not just "OMG we are so so sorry to hear about all this and gosh we'll try to do better now!" No, heads need to roll starting at the absolute top, and the new leader needs to be able to clean house of any other bad apples and produce an environment that both employees and customers can be proud of.

A few years from now this might look like the best thing to happen to Blizzard in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    A few weeks ago, I saw Morhaime and Metzen as paragons of Old Blizzard, the "Good" Blizzard...

Then this news broke and I thought... no, Morhaime, Metzen, Ghostcrawler, they couldn't have known...

Then the news keeps coming... and it's pretty clear everyone I held in high regard at Blizzard was in some way either turning a blind eye to this terrible behavior or outright participated in it.

I'm not sure if I'm more sad or more angry, they're about equal now.

I suppose Terran Gregory is still a good egg? His early work kindled my very, very short leap into machinima. Please say I can at least put him down as Not a Ghoul.

Or Samwise. Although now that I've said it, watch something break about him. Ugh.
    Well, there seems to be credible reasons for the state to sue the company as a whole, rather than single out specific people, and sue on behalf of a class pithing their workforce.

Some names you respect might be involved. I have a feeling this is just the beginning. (Which is why I think they'll start the process of settling this fairly soon...)

I'll be up front, I used to think Afrasiabi was a bit of a jerk, but a good employee who'd be missed, and left after a political fight for control of the game. I was wrong, way wrong, and regret doing it, but I had no way of knowing.

I think a lot of people are going to be forced to confront some very ugly truths here.

And, on the other hand, how many of you here have compromised with other companies and products, after learning bad things about them?

No clean hands here, and always remember - this isn't your fault. It's theirs. They failed their employees, friends, coworkers, spouses, and their fans.

Ignorance is truly bliss when it comes to this kind of thing. But we don't always get that luxury.

so bill cosby wasnt acussed til like 2015 right? i think the cosby suite thing might of been a inhouse joke that didnt age well but given that no one has been accused of drugging and raping people like cosby was, and unless there is those accusations i think the cosby suite and cosbys rape accusations are unrelated, what could it be? who knows but given there is multiple public tweets found about it, i doubt anyone would tweet about something rape related, maybe it was a juxtraposition to his former "family man" persona to their frat culture thing, still not a good look but nowhere as bad as what people initially assume