Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    And now that SV is really strong, everyone is playing it...

It was always a DPS problem, the spec is fine.
    the 4p basically = spam 2 buttons when getting procs. most of the spec doesnt even matter once you have tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    And now that SV is really strong, everyone is playing it...

It was always a DPS problem, the spec is fine.
    dps was never its problem, its problem is that its a meele specc. the specc been doing very good dmg ever since legion, yet it sits on 5% representation. Also, nobody plays the specc, even in my guild that is extremly casual, nobody plays surv. back in BFA and at start of SL when i did mythic raiding, nobody were playing SV. Beacuse why in the world would you bring a meele hunter when you can have a ranged one? even in WFR the majority of the fights had only ranged hunters with them. Even the top raiders in the world really dont like survival hunter, only reason why they brought one in WFR was beacuse blizzard overbuffed the 4 tier set bonus for survival. So in short blizzard litterly bribed hunters to go play meele by overbuffing the 4 set bonus, that if anything is a massive indicator what failure the specc have been and still is ever since its meele iteration was made in legion.

If any other spec in the game would get a same dps gain as msv this patch it would absolutely dominate every metric.
    Meanwhile msv is doing what it always done best - being a failure compared to its ranged counterpart(s) in terms of participacion.

Quote Originally Posted by keyone01 View Post
    If any other spec in the game would get a same dps gain as msv this patch it would absolutely dominate every metric.
    Meanwhile msv is doing what it always done best - being a failure compared to its ranged counterpart(s) in terms of participacion.
    Over buffing it is the only way they can get anyone to play it and for their idea to not look like a failure (little late).

Most ppl who hate sv never played it. The playstyle is way more fun than most melee specs, also its a fun mix of ranged and melee which makes a lot of situations less punishing. The pseudo meta mentality and community prejudice also doesnt help with popularity...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I played survival for the mage tower scenario to get the unique skin back in Legion and that's about as close as I'll ever get to touching this spec.

They need to give it some utility that very few melee specs have in order for it to compete for a melee spot in either dungeon or raid groups.
    Sv is in the wfr.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    the 4p basically = spam 2 buttons when getting procs. most of the spec doesnt even matter once you have tier.
    Not quite.
    It's still all about which bomb is the next one and using stacked up Raptor Strikes is still important.
    It's pretty much the same with new priorities.

But it is indeed more spammy. Instead of Raptor Strikes, you use Bombs or KC and vice versa (in terms of how often you press the respective button)

Overall it's clearly the most fun spec to play though.
    With or without Tier Set.

BM is an absolute joke to play with Tier Set as well, even more so than without.
    And MM isn't really fun either way.

MSV is the only spec we have that is still fun, imho.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-03-21 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Not quite.
    It's still all about which bomb is the next one and using stacked up Raptor Strikes is still important.

But it is indeed more spammy. Instead of Raptor Strikes, you use Bombs.
    the only thing that changes is that Red Bomb = spam KC. thats all

Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    the only thing that changes is that Red Bomb = spam KC. thats all
    Yes, I agree.

But that's exactly what makes it more "spammy" - since you use less focus spenders and rotate through the bombs faster/more often, you end up with less downtime and spam KC way more often again.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Not quite.

But it is indeed more spammy. Instead of Raptor Strikes, you use Bombs or KC and vice versa (in terms of how often you press the respective button)

Overall it's clearly the most fun spec to play though.
    With or without Tier Set.

BM is an absolute joke to play with Tier Set as well, even more so than without.
    And MM isn't really fun either way.

MSV is the only spec we have that is still fun, imho.
    what are you even talking about, i said when 4p is proccing its 2 buttons which it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Most ppl who hate sv never played it. The playstyle is way more fun than most melee specs, also its a fun mix of ranged and melee which makes a lot of situations less punishing. The pseudo meta mentality and community prejudice also doesnt help with popularity...

- - - Updated - - -

Sv is in the wfr.
    yea it showed up once or twice beacuse blizzard buffed its dps to ridicoulus levels. im a hunter that been playing since TBC, i have played survival when it was ranged, i have played it while its meele. Sure the specc is fun but the biggest issue is that hunters dont want to play meele. Why would i want to bring a meele hunter when i can have a ranged one? Hell even in WFR they mostly ran ranged hunters for most fights.

Its such a failure of specc that blizzard had to buff it to the moon in order to anyone to even bat a eye at it. There is tons of meele classes out there that can do a surv hunters job better (aside from AoE this patch). even when its been good dps its been sitting at 5-7% representation since legion. look at the representation of MM and BM currently, they are worse of dps wise, yet they see way bigger representation than survival could ever dream of. The issue of survival isnt its dps or that if its fun or not to play, its issue is it being meele. as long as it will be meele, people will not want to touch it.

Because its melee. Theres other strong classes to pick for that.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    what are you even talking about, i said when 4p is proccing its 2 buttons which it is.
    If you say so. Not sure how Blue into Green makes you spam two buttons just because the cooldown didn't occur, but oh well.
    Perhaps you want to explain how it's different from the normal rotation, then.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-03-21 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post

A lot of "nobody", "nobody", followed by "4-7% representation"
    Both can't be right. But let's do the math: 33 speccs in the game. Which would make 4-7% a massive overrepresentation. Which survival hasn't. So your numbers came straight out of a dark place.

I will translate your rant to grownup: YOU don't wan't to play the specc. YOU don't like it. And YOU don't want others to have fun with it. Because if YOU don't play with the toy, noone should. *stomp*

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrium View Post
    if youre not topping the dps charts youre topping the bg scoreboards. its nuts how strong it is.

cluster bombs for absurd aoe dmg. more movement spells than you can think of (disengage, flanking strank, harpoon, cheetah, goblin rocket jump, plus engineer crap).

then in pvp youre basically a warrior with a pet and ranged abilities.

it seems either people dont know how to play it or they have yet to realize how strong survival is right now and its being kept a secret by survival players. seriously try it.

trust me try it. the fun is real.
    People will shun you if you choose to play melee hunter over ranged, Especially in a raiding situation

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

If they were smart they would have just made the spec able to do both melee and ranged properly with drawbacks to each. Blizzard is just too scared to try new things now.

- - - Updated - - -

I played survival for the mage tower scenario to get the unique skin back in Legion and that's about as close as I'll ever get to touching this spec.

They need to give it some utility that very few melee specs have in order for it to compete for a melee spot in either dungeon or raid groups.
    I always thought it would be cool to give survival hunters the ability to swap places with their pet. Essentially you just teleport to where your pet is and vice versa. That would be some crazy utility, and they need to make the hunter less reliant on the pet for using its attacks that's a big glaring issue. The pet is supposed to assist you not be required 100%.

You clearly wrote this based on your feelings about the class instead of actually looking at the game. It competes for a melee spot in world-first races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I always thought it would be cool to give survival hunters the ability to swap places with their pet. Essentially you just teleport to where your pet is and vice versa. That would be some crazy utility, and they need to make the hunter less reliant on the pet for using its attacks that's a big glaring issue. The pet is supposed to assist you not be required 100%.
    With how pet positioning works they would need to add abilities that force the pet to go to a specific position (and for it to be used for a quick teleport it would have to be near instant).

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    With how pet positioning works they would need to add abilities that force the pet to go to a specific position (and for it to be used for a quick teleport it would have to be near instant).
    I still think it would be a cool idea though.

Is parry still a thing for monsters/NPCs btw, I'm playing SV in all of Shadowlands and I'm standing behind bosses and such but at this point I don't actually know if that's still a thing.

If they remove that, you could use it to get behind an enemy because the pet will always do just that.
    Just one example, of course.
    They don't have to "switch" either, they could just add a skill that allows me to fly/jump/harpoon to my pet as well. Pretty sure that's going to have some uses sometimes as well, especially when slow debuffs etc. are involved.

Overall, that's indeed the kind of stuff I'm missing as a pet class anyway. For all specs actually. Master's Call and such is nice. I would love more stuff like that. A lot more.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-03-22 at 11:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Their claim was that survival was the "melee" spec in classic.
    It could be, but the build was very nieche and required a very specific set of lowbie items to work, and then it really only worked in 1v1 PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Because when i chose to play a hunter i wanted to play a ranged dps not a melee dps, got other characters for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    There are many survival hunters playing even in race to world first so people here are clueless.
    They are playing it in race to world first because Blizzard balanced it to do more damage at the current second, and for no other reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    You clearly wrote this based on your feelings about the class instead of actually looking at the game. It competes for a melee spot in world-first races.
    World first races don't have a high threshold for "utility" in the context of the broad range of the game; it has some very specific utility that is very useful in cheesing world first encounters (ie: it has an immunity), and that's nearly the whole kit. It also has nothing that the other hunter specs don't have, which means that in any case where it isn't overtuned compared with the other hunter specs AND the fight doesn't explicitly allow for extra melee, there is zero reason to ever play survival.