Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    No emote is useful if we go by this logic.
    That is actually true though. All emotes have little value. Some have more then others since they come with animations, sound, or more then just a text line. This is of course different on RP realms.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Honestly, it's a rude emote. I never understood why it existed. I don't think it's particularly defensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    People still do that?

Man, I have not seen that a lot the last 5 years. Happened a lot in the good old day though.

Anyway, we are discussing the shard of domination right? I got the 3set blood today as dps, it was allright I thought after the buff, then someone pointed out that the buff doesnt go live before wednesday. Shall not be so bad afterall then. I beat one of the tanks on healing on Kel'Thuzad tonight lol. That blood link was healing quite a bit.

Just noticed I beat both tanks on Tarragrue(I did have heart seeker tho) as well lmao. 20% better on wednesday and not halfway upgraded the 3 shards either.
    It happens A LOT. The dumbest thing is that it happens most frequently in fucking leveling dungeons. Which makes no fucking sense at all. People in WoW will come up with any reason to try and make other people feel like absolute shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It happens A LOT. The dumbest thing is that it happens most frequently in fucking leveling dungeons. Which makes no fucking sense at all. People in WoW will come up with any reason to try and make other people feel like absolute shit.
    I seriously havent seen it happen a lot at all except in a raid or two. Happened way more in the TBC/WotLK days in my experience.

But yes, it is silly either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I seriously havent seen it happen a lot at all except in a raid or two. Happened way more in the TBC/WotLK days in my experience.

But yes, it is silly either way.
    You've been lucky because before I stopped playing it happened super often in dungeons I got into. It was typically some jerk from Sargeras or Illidan too.

I do think it’s fine for it to go - it wasn’t a particularly constructive emote - but I also question how this in any way relates to the situation facing Blizzard at the moment.

It’s like saying you’re going to build a fence to stop your neighbors from walking through your yard - while your actual house is on currently fire.
    I mean, sure. Makes sense to want to prevent that - but maybe focus your attention on the fire atm.

It also feels like spotlighting/acting upon this now is potentially a pivot towards framing the community as part of the ‘problem’ here. We’d already seen one Dev complain about their paying customers being upset with more inevitable delays of their content production, so I’m wary.
    I dearly hope that’s not the case because the community had no part in making their leadership scumbags and cowards. Or their terrible content development speed. All the community did was hand them money for a product.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2021-08-02 at 02:42 AM.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Post Re: Upcoming Shards of Domination Set Bonus Buffs, Spit Emote Removed on TBC Class...

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Honestly, it's a rude emote. I never understood why it existed. I don't think it's particularly defensible.
    I am genuinely curious if you have the same opinion about the /rude emote. /spit is certainly more visceral of the two, but if the game is losing the rude aspect of /spit... does it not follow that one should remove the actual /rude? We all know that "rude gesture" is the middle-finger. The you're-number-one. The flipping of birdies.

Where does one stop when treating a symptom instead of the source? If the reason really is players spitting on other players who paid for a specific mount, parking a couple Gamemasters for a few hours would likely cure it. That is what happened when the public ERP-ing in Goldshire on Moon Guard became out of hand.

Anyway, it would be depressing to have the change propagated to current-expansion servers. It is special inside-joke to me. The player I shared it with quit the game a little into Cataclysm and I have not heard from him again. I accidentally spit on him (guild tank) instead of the glitched mob (a.k.a. "the magic rhino" in Gun'drak). He asked in chat what the heck. In my panic, I explained that it was Troll for "good luck." Everyone had a good laugh and we proceeded to wipe three more times before admitting defeat at the hooves of a flying, unattackable, no-clipping-enabled rhino.

I continued the tradition with someone else when I accidentally /fart on a dead NPC in SoO instead of my guildmate, so I said it was Troll for expressing condolences... She bonked my head, haha, because she had been in that Gun'drak group in WotLK from years ago and thus knew exactly what I had actually meant to do. I proceeded to fart on each dead raid boss thereafter. And on her whenever she died in an encounter. :D

Also, I /moon most night-elf NPCs in instances to show a little respect to their moon goddess. ;D (Alayea bonks me for that, too.)
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Blizzard is suddenly focused on curbing certain player behaviors, yet completely ignores boosters in LFG rotting away the integrity of the game.

Ok, now let's see Blizzard stop me from physically spitting on my monitor instead. (j/k)

Considering people only post meters in chat without being asked in order to shame the fuck out of people, that'd be a welcome change.
    You really are a snowflake hey?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Quote Originally Posted by Somarlane View Post
    I am genuinely curious if you have the same opinion about the /rude emote. /spit is certainly more visceral of the two, but if the game is losing the rude aspect of /spit... does it not follow that one should remove the actual /rude? We all know that "rude gesture" is the middle-finger. The you're-number-one. The flipping of birdies.
    Spitting on someone usually has the connotation of dehumanizing them. You go to a bar and try giving some people the middle finger and then go to another and try spitting on them. I can promise you your stay in hospital will be considerably longer after your second time.

The emote was never more than an expression of impotent rage for the most part, as it was pretty much the worst the emote repertoire had to offer. It's infamous for a reason.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Lol such a slippery slope. But it's already too late. Soon /lol will be gone, soon most emotes will be gone--instead of just turning off emotes per account. Next they'll remove DPS meters so bad dps don't get their fe-fes hurt by reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering people only post meters in chat without being asked in order to shame the fuck out of people, that'd be a welcome change.
    You can link it to show your dps without shaming others.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Lol such a slippery slope. But it's already too late. Soon /lol will be gone, soon most emotes will be gone--instead of just turning off emotes per account. Next they'll remove DPS meters so bad dps don't get their fe-fes hurt by reality.
    The rumor I heard about them getting rid of the spit emote was because it discouraged players from purchasing the store mount in TBCC. (I didn't play TBCC) This makes sense to me. As it is a business and at the core apparently they don't have real morals. Just care about the cash.

Now what I can't understand for the life of me.. is I been asking for years about dresses, all different types and how they could implement them to boost the economy. (Gold) BOE's in particular. (FF14 exceeds at this. A lot of different options.) So why is the discrimination there? Yet they will remove emotes? I hope they don't tamper with anything else ingame honestly.

The reality is we need to get normal armors back first and foremost. Class sets/Tier sets. (I told them they had time to implement some of those Maw armors everyone enjoyed into the current raid... it never happened..) Which the company reassured this was going to happen..yet I haven't seen it yet. Acknowledgement of how influential/notable/iconic some Tier armors actually are (design) and still haven't addressed this ..?

I would just like some more options along with this. More variety of dresses as I have been asking for many years. Which actually use to be a thing in this game too..

Edit: In fact they can be so impactful not only people duplicate them with statutes, cosplays etc. But you can have people like me.. that purchase clothing of these designs someone created. I am personally not the biggest DK fan, but I couldn't resist how amazing the Tier 21 for DKs was. It hit someone else and they said hey this deserves to be on a shirt. I was like, you bet your booties it does and bought it. I love wearing it. Or the Tier 5 warlock dress. (Even though again, I am not the biggest fan of that particular class) But yet they are in the business of making money..? Add more, remove less. Add more options too, stop discriminating.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2021-08-02 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Because the parameters are different. You're not ACTUALLY killing anyone - they come back to life immediately, no harm done. But the emotional damage done by toxic behaviors has real and lasting consequences. Characters dying in-game does not.

This isn't about what's being done to CHARACTERS, it's about what's being done to PLAYERS.
    If you get emotional damage by /spit in a game, you sure as hell will be emotional damage by geting killed in this game....

Toxicity is game driven. It’s not emotes, it’s gameplay.

Retail side as long as gear will be locked around timers nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by lurre View Post
    If you get emotional damage by /spit in a game, you sure as hell will be emotional damage by geting killed in this game....
    A bunch of namby pamby wussy squirts whining about everything. These human creatures, including the ones that are now working on Blizzard games are so thin-skinned they could cut themselves on a spoon.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2021-08-02 at 07:37 AM.

is it still wow if the Toxicity is gone?,get rid of all the WTS in lfg also it does the game no good

pathetic - why do companies feel they need to prop up and help the namby pamby snowflake types ? if they get offended by a /spit or /lol then there is NO help for those type of people,

OMG all the poor babies crying about the removal of /spit. Pathetic. If that emote is so important to you, then just quit the game. It will be better without you. Probably, the whole society would be better when people of such ilk are removed from it.

See, you can play this game both ways.