Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    Compared to LoL , wow is a child playground in term of toxicity and harassment
    i whole heartedly agree on that which is why i don't play it and is irrelevant to the topic at hand but we digress, that does not change the fact that wow is a toxic game in addition the devs have alot more pressing matters to deal with don't get me wrong tho they should have addressed this issue a long time ago, seems they are trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone here sadly the stone isn't having as much of a impact as the devs would like it to have
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2021-07-31 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anti-toxicity tech = allowing people to afk in lfr, afk in rfd like ff14

and report people for fake context kappa

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless Afrasiabi was /spitting on women in the Cosby suite, I'm not particularly sure how this is relevant.

This just feels like Blizz is trying to shuffle culpability to the player base.

"Well of course there was rampant sexual harassment in the office, just LOOK at our players!"

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys made your bed, now time to sleep in it

On one hand, there’s no denying there IS a very real issue of the player base being incredible toxic. I feel that as a player every time I would log in.

However, I definitely raise an eyebrow at “anti toxicity tech will be a critical feature”. That’s a broad statement, but it sounds like the wholly wrong way to go about it.

You can’t just punish bad behavior; you need to ENCOURAGE, GOOD behavior. Reward players that are helpful, friendly, and try to prevent loopholes or workarounds for those things. It’s a minor thing overall, but FFXIV’s Player Commendations are a great way to encourage good behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    -Some NPCs are wearing less clothes than they should (Succubus,shivvaras) so they might get a new outfit so people dont get turned on because hey its a new era
    -remove some costumes ingame like bikinis or better yet if you remove all your character's equipment your character will be dressed in pajamas
    Yeah, let's dress female characters in burqas like in Afghanistan, it's definitely a shining example of tolerance and personal freedom... oh wait.

Garrosh, Grom, Vol'Jin, Rastakhan running shirtless = cool.

Jaina and Sylvanas showing their navel = omg cover this up!

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen /spit used for anything other than harassing players. Should have been removed a long time ago.

Anyone upset about it being removed was probably using it for that reason.

Including Asmon, who has encouraged his audience to use it to harass other players.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2021-07-31 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You're right in that the root cause needs to be addressed.

But your argument is effectively "why are we putting out fires, when there's an arsonist to catch?" - when there's nothing saying we can't DO BOTH. And in that arsonist example, no one in their right mind would NOT put out fires just because the arsonist is still on the loose. You're implying there's a dichotomy of one vs. the other, when that just isn't the case. One does not preclude the other, in any way.
    But Blizzard is using a glass of water to attempt to put out fires, just so they can say they are doing something. When all you can come up with is to remove /spit, you might as well do nothing. People are tired of symbolic gestures that doesn't fix anything.

Why not just make an option to filter /spits ? Like mature language filter? Ignoring childish behavior and moving on seems to be the biggest struggle we have online. Some things are not ok and should be handled, but spit is not that.

I respect Muffinus' intentions, but that horse escaped the barn, ran down mainstreet, got hit by a bus, got dragged to the canyon's edge, and fell off a long, long, long time ago.

(Nothing against horses. Horses are decent people.)

Isn't Asmondgold the same guy who had a contest recently rating the boob sizes of NPCs in WoW?

Just sayin'.

removing /spit is still the most fucking retarded thing ever done coming from blizzard. Like.. what the fuck? What the fuck were blizzard thinking? It is still okay to spit on retail but tbc it's not? What the fuck is this logic?

Classic is dead. TBC Classic will be dead soon. Retail is on its way to the grave. We have been fighting this for so long and everything we have said has fallen on deaf ears so honestly why should we give a fook now? Let it die. Just let it happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    removing /spit is still the most fucking retarded thing ever done coming from blizzard. Like.. what the fuck? What the fuck were blizzard thinking? It is still okay to spit on retail but tbc it's not? What the fuck is this logic?
    It wasn't being used for abuse on retail. There is also nothing to say that it won't be changed for retail when the next PTR happens.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslayer View Post
    Classic is dead. TBC Classic will be dead soon. Retail is on its way to the grave. We have been fighting this for so long and everything we have said has fallen on deaf ears so honestly why should we give a fook now? Let it die. Just let it happen.
    lol, classic TBC is far from dead. go into any server on a tuesday and its clearly obvious. even more so when you remember that there is no sharding.

Because the parameters are different. You're not ACTUALLY killing anyone - they come back to life immediately, no harm done. But the emotional damage done by toxic behaviors has real and lasting consequences. Characters dying in-game does not.

This isn't about what's being done to CHARACTERS, it's about what's being done to PLAYERS.
    Dunno, I camp people until they log out of the game. Pretty sure that's having an effect on the player.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    lol Blizzard. How could one be more out of touch?!
    Well, this is coming from the same folks who said that players should be overjoyed with domination sockets because "they practically are tier sets", or some similar nonsense. LMAOOOOOO
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Dunno, I camp people until they log out of the game. Pretty sure that's having an effect on the player.
    To be fair that has always been a fine line between harassment and "game play". Much like using spit wasn't really a problem until it was used for targeted harassment.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    Sadly LGBT is growing more and more with each passing day in games and RL. Removing /spit command from the game is just the beginning.
    If you remove the /spit because people might get offended, for sure next ones are /sexy (because on the other end of the pc might be a female playing which might find it offensive), /rude , /pick and many others.
    -Some NPCs are wearing less clothes than they should (Succubus,shivvaras) so they might get a new outfit so people dont get turned on because hey its a new era
    -remove some costumes ingame like bikinis or better yet if you remove all your character's equipment your character will be dressed in pajamas
    -Removing pvp because it is bad to kill a character in game,other guy getting the killing blow might become emotionally unstable
    -the quests during brewfest that require you to mount the ram will be removed from the game because its cruelty to animals to whip them constantly.

I can think of so many shenanigans LGBT will pull that at the end of the day we will play a pixel that you need to move to another pixel and thats the game.
    WTF has the LGBT crowd to do with all that wall of text? Can you please quote at least a single LGBT activist calling for the BS I've just read?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    But Blizzard is using a glass of water to attempt to put out fires, just so they can say they are doing something. When all you can come up with is to remove /spit, you might as well do nothing.
    I disagree with that analogy. One water-glass on a house fire is completely ineffective; the removal of /spit isn't. It isn't a MASSIVE change either, but it's not nothing. To portray it as such is devaluing the idea of cumulative effort. That's where the analogy kind of doesn't work, because you can't effectively posit iteration in that example.

When it comes to effecting lasting, systemic change, a lot of the time small things matter. Did one lady refusing to move on the bus actually matter in the face of a massive system of injustice? Not in isolation; but it was one of many small links in a larger chain, and that chain DID change something; not everything, and far from perfect, but no less valuable for it.

Changes can have value even if they're not complete, or not perfect. In fact, many many very small changes are often more effective at producing larger change in the long term than attempts at massive and instantaneous changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    To be fair that has always been a fine line between harassment and "game play". Much like using spit wasn't really a problem until it was used for targeted harassment.
    Correct. This is really where we're at - things getting out of hand. Someone camping people every now and then for a bit is one thing; but if you were to camp someone every day for a week, trust you me you'd get sanctioned for it by Blizzard. Plenty of examples for that in WoW's history (I believe the streamer Quin69 was banned for this in his young-and-stupid days...)

Because the parameters are different. You're not ACTUALLY killing anyone - they come back to life immediately, no harm done. But the emotional damage done by toxic behaviors has real and lasting consequences. Characters dying in-game does not.

This isn't about what's being done to CHARACTERS, it's about what's being done to PLAYERS.
    There's no F** OFF big enough that would suffice for this sort of mentality. Treating all people as mentally addled they can't even tolerate a virtual spit emote in an old ass game like WoW.
    You guys are sick in the head and are projecting that on all us sane ones.

/spit isnt toxic its RP , its an mmoRPG i imagine a human would /spit on an orc
    are they gonna decanonize garona halforcen, and blackmoore now? i say that ironically but they probably will since thats considered problematic now. i mean this awokening is gonna cause backlash i think they wont be prepared for- im fine with the current lore direction and dc about those kind of changes because im a lliberal, but most people espec gamers arent,