Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    I was thinking about things in Shadowlands, and aside from the typical "BETTER STORYTELLING" or "STEAL THIS SYSTEM FROM FINAL FANTASY" and other complaints, I thought of a few things that would improve player experience in Shadowlands and make it feel less....chore like. Granted I do not PVP so I do not know how the PVP scene is these days, but I am coming at this from a more PVE focused mentality.

1. Make the Box of Many Things account Wide - This one is a no brainer. I would love this to be account wide, and still keep the Knowledge cap per week. I love Torghast, but I don't have the time to play Every single toon every week to get all the Cinders and Ash I need to get things done while keeping up with my main in Mythic + (And I'm unemployed!) However, this week was the first week I had time to run my alt I noticed I had nothing unlocked. I just think the BoMT bring account wide, and only 1 toon needed to earn the TK and your other characters benefit would go a long way to increasing the Alt Friendliness of the game.

2. Make Keystone Master Account wide again - This change baffled me to no end. Why was KSM account wide in Season 1 with the upgrade vendor but not in Season 2? It felt like they went a step forward to making Shadowlands Alt Friendly, but took 2 steps back in season 2. I mean didn't Ion promise Shadowlands would be a very Alt friendly expansion? Why does It feel like 9.1 was to make the game LESS alt Friendly?

3. Bring back Reforging - Oh god I would LOVE this since Hit / Expertise disappeared so long ago. The other Night I got a necklace off Mythic Terragrue on my Demon Hunter and while its 22 ilvls higher than my current necklace, it has Less Haste than my current necklace, and Mastery. I also could not trade it to my Resto Druid friends who were BEGGING for it and I just sighed as I had to equip it, and then put it in my bags so that the next time a 252 neck dropped, I COULD trade it. It felt awful that this item, which was a higher item level, was not an upgrade for me cause the rule of "ILVL is King" does not hold true for Necks and Rings because of no Main stat. However, If I was able to reforge half that Mastery into something like, Versatility, then it would be an upgrade. I loved Reforging when it came out as a concept but hated its execution because it was only used to hit your hit / expertise caps before you could actually get to the part of reforging your gear to your best 2ndary stats.

4. Improve Profession bonuses - Why did they remove things like Leg Enchants, Belt Buckles, Engineering Tinkers, etc from the game? It added flavor to professions and made them more of a thing for your character. Now the only arguable useful profession outside of legendary crafting is Engineering for Mythic + with a Sometimes Battle Res, Sometimes Out of Combat res, Sometimes Invisibility belt which lets you pot on bosses rather than to skip trash, and repair bots. I think Professions should get their bonuses back but lock them to certain professions and while making them different, make them very very close to the same amount of power gained. Like Inscription gets Shoulder enchants back, Tailoring gets Leg Enchants, Enchanting get Neck Enchants, Blacksmiths can add a socket to their weapon or shield, Jewelcrafters get a special prismatic gem, there are lots of ways to add bonuses and flavor to professions to make them more interesting outside of just "Craft rank 4 legendary items"

These are just a few ideas I had in my head to make the game better for players like me. I know its not for everyone but I hope we can keep the discussion civil and maybe suggest other things to improve the game for players.
    4. Because people complained that jewelcrafters got 1 more main stat than the other crafters, and other people complained that the easier to level gathering professions had weaker buffs than the crafters. It was just a torrential downpour of QQ.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Not a single one of these suggestions are addressing my core concerns - the core gameplay loop no longer interests me, and i find the classes to be extremely boring.

It doesnt matter how much they improve the racetrack if they then send me out in mums 1992 honda civic automatic stuck in first with flat tyres and a broken windshield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Yes I know. If you read what I wrote though I also explained why it was still a fuckin stupid decision
    to you.

gear isn't supposed to be good for everyone. that's like... a tenet of gearing systems in games.

gee wiz, a haste/crit bracers drop and i can pass to someone who can benefit more.
    nahhhh lemme reforge the crit off of it so i can keep it myself xd

glad reforging is gone. make an informed decision and don't be a greedy lout.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    to you.

gear isn't supposed to be good for everyone. that's like... a tenet of gearing systems in games.

gee wiz, a haste/crit bracers drop and i can pass to someone who can benefit more.
    nahhhh lemme reforge the crit off of it so i can keep it myself xd

glad reforging is gone. make an informed decision and don't be a greedy lout.
    You assume you can pass. Like I got the Haste Mastery Neck off Mythic Terragrue and I am a Havoc Demon Hunter. Gee whiz, Mastery isnt that good of a stat for me, so losing my Haste Vers neck thats 230 would actually be a downgrade. Lemme trade it to my Druid Healer friend...oh wait its higher ilvl... Can't trade. Guess I gotta keep this piece of shit neck in my bags until another drops so I CAN trade it. Gee if only there was a system in place that allowed me to change half the mastery on this neck to something else so It could be a SLIGHT upgrade for me...

Your "Greedy" comment is moot so long as higher Ilvl drops lock to the player remain in the game.
    Last edited by Stabbyfists; 2021-08-04 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    You assume you can pass. Like I got the Haste Mastery Neck off Mythic Terragrue and I am a Havoc Demon Hunter. Gee whiz, Mastery isnt that good of a stat for me, so losing my Haste Vers neck thats 230 would actually be a downgrade. Lemme trade it to my Druid Healer friend...oh wait its higher ilvl... Can't trade. Guess I gotta keep this piece of shit neck in my bags until another drops so I CAN trade it. Gee if only there was a system in place that allowed me to change half the mastery on this neck to something else so It could be a SLIGHT upgrade for me...

Your "Greedy" comment is moot so long as higher Ilvl drops lock to the player remain in the game.
    It's not, because the removal of reforging came at a point where this didn't exist #1
    #2, that item would *still* be complete shit for you.

Reforging wouldn't make shit items good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Why do you need to remind everyone that you think the game is shit if you've already unsubbed?
    never heard the phrase "misery likes company"?

They don't need to pull the ripcord.

They need to land the plane, realize that they aren't too big to fail, figure out what made the game great. Fix their culture then fix the game.

I think the real question is whether or not the executive team is willing to do this, or will they put it into maintenance mode.

I guess theres nothing to improve anymore. They should full focus on 10.0 now

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    They could offer to pay me the sub fee and I still wouldn't play it.
    Well, then the game isn't for you and you are not the one they would have removed the sub fee for. Simple as that