United in Stormwind expansion

Discuss the new expansion here.

Just prepurchased last minute. I’m looking forward to playing Pirate Warrior, Fire Mage and Spell Hunter.

I ended up impulse preordering last night in the end, I think the last time I preordered an expansion was...like, Mean Streets or the Tournament.

Was hoping for paladin cards, ended up getting rogue quest/minion, warrior quest/minion, and then mage/hunter/druid quests.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just bought 80 packs (or thereabouts, there were also how many ever I got from rewards) and ripped eight legendaries, mostly quests. Pretty happy with the results. As a side note, the rewards track changes are really good. Was able to get 80 packs F2P, plus the mini expansion, purely with rewards earned since the last expansion.

So far I've mostly been toying around with Quest OTK DH and Handlock. Both seem fairly strong so far. In particular I've had a really high WR with my quest DH, though it definitely needs further refinement. My only losses so far have been down to bad luck (combo pieces on the literal bottom of deck versus aggressive deck) or misplays.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2021-08-04 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Discuss the new expansion here.

Just prepurchased last minute. I’m looking forward to playing Pirate Warrior, Fire Mage and Spell Hunter.
    I prepurchased it 25 minutes before launch
    The 2 included Legendaries: Defend the Dwarven District (Hunter quest) and Lost in the Woods (Druid Quest)
    From Packs I got: Raid the Docks (warrior quest) and Varian Wrynn

Playing pirate warrior in Wild, it's amazing. I Love the quest
    Thinking about crafting priest quest for a Galakrond wild deck of some sort. Not 100% convinved, i'll stay with pirate warrior for now

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Playing pirate warrior in Wild, it's amazing. I Love the quest
    Thinking about crafting priest quest for a Galakrond wild deck of some sort. Not 100% convinved, i'll stay with pirate warrior for now
    Meanwhile I've tried both Raid the Docks with warrior and the SI quest for rogue repeatedly in standard and it just can't hold up to the nonstop lock quest decks. By the time the quest is done, you're basically already dead.

Must say, super impressed with the new expansion, played from beta but missed all of last year and restarted when Barrens released and holy fuck what a shit show.

Mage, Warlock and Druid quest decks feel like solitaire decks. I would complain about Hand buff Paladin but compared to Mage and Warlock it feels almost balanced, and hey at least it's actually trying to play Hearthstone. Rogue seems to be memeing atm with Garrote and Shaman still playing Curvestone.

Might be the worst expansion since TGT.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Must say, super impressed with the new expansion, played from beta but missed all of last year and restarted when Barrens released and holy fuck what a shit show.

Mage, Warlock and Druid quest decks feel like solitaire decks. I would complain about Hand buff Paladin but compared to Mage and Warlock it feels almost balanced, and hey at least it's actually trying to play Hearthstone. Rogue seems to be memeing atm with Garrote and Shaman still playing Curvestone.

Might be the worst expansion since TGT.
    Hmmm, I can't exactly disagree actually. I think there's a lot of cool stuff in the expansion overall, like the trade mechanic along with some fun cards, but it's so outshone by warlock quest that it just feels frustrating to get into a match and be like, "Oh boy, another warlock".

Hell, I kept trying to play quest warrior. And the one time I got the quest done while on a good curve, the other player played mutanus and ate my card.
    Out of like, the 6 minions I had in my hand.

I think the expansion has fun potential but I do think they should quickly look to tweak. Warlock just has too many tools at this point it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Time for me to make a lock deck and see what the fuss is about.
    I mean, it could be that it's actually not that bad, but it was definitely 90% of the matches I went up against for the first day or two, and I couldn't win once.

Granted, I also should have swapped to using a different deck but eh, I wanted to play rogue/warrior.

I only play Battlegrounds in hearthstone, did they mention of any new BG updates for the expac?
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This standard or wild?
    Standard, I haven't tried wild since it was released honestly.

While Quest Mage is completely nuts and basically plays with itself until the quest is completed, i have to say that Robes of Protection has proven to be a hardcounter to that deck.

I'm running quest Shaman and basically don't need to finish the quest to kill the mage (mostly because i'd be dead before i finish the quest).
    If i get Robes of protection out on turn 3-4, i just try to build a board while pointing every spell possible at their face.

Them being unable to remove your minions hampers their ability to complete the quest and they barely run any AoE spells, because their entire deck is just cheap spells meant to either deal damage to face or remove minions, then i just kill them around turn 8-9 because they struggled to complete the quest and can't burn me yet.

A more minion centric deck with Robes of protection would likely steamroll every quest mage deck as long as it draws Robes of Protection early on.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-08-10 at 03:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    While Quest Mage is completely nuts and basically plays with itself until the quest is completed, i have to say that Robes of Protection have proven to be hardcounter to that deck.

I'm running quest Shaman and basically don't need to finish the quest to kill the mage (mostly because i'd be dead before i finish the quest).
    If i get Robes of protection out on turn 3-4, i just try to build a board while pointing every spell possible at their face.

Them being unable to remove your minions hampers their ability to complete the quest and they barely run any AoE spells, because their entire deck is just cheap spells meant to either deal damage to face or remove minions.

A more minion centric deck with Robes of protection would likely steamroll every quest mage deck as long as it draws Robes of Protection early on.
    Mages will start cutting targetted removal for Devolving Missiles, Fire Sale, and Mask of C'Thun. Maybe Flamestrike. Their general lack of untargetted AoE is definitely an issue, though. And after a week everyone already knows to play around Ice Barrier, so they don't really have reliable survival tools atm.