Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I can't just pick one.
    1) trivial content like war campaigns must be 100% optional (no otherwise unattainable player power granted)
    2) remove all systems, they must be talent points, skills or item drops
    3) tune pve content for normal people who don't enjoy the indecipherable visual orgy of 20 unnecessary boss abilities
    4) flight enabled over new zones at max level immediately
    "PvE content is very hard for me, and I am a normally skilled player, right? I mean, what normal person can dodge a thing while hitting some other thing ? That's insane, isn't it? So why won't you make it so you just have to kinda hit the thing, amirite? Us normal players would like that, and the super duper elite players that can dodge the thing, those 0.1%, they can kinda go fuck right off. Wouldn't you agree, fellow normal players ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bepples View Post
    Just coming back to this thread to remind you that the "stop damage" meta is getting worse and worse every tier, with half the current tier involving holding damage sometimes minutes at a time. Please tell me more about how encounter design got better with the switch to 20 man mythic
    Tarra - nope
    Eye - nope
    Nine - nope
    Soulrender - nope
    Remnant - Yes but only brief ones
    Painsmith - Nope(ill address cause I'm sure you disagree)
    Guardian - nope
    Fatescribe - Only for tank adds if you fail dps checks
    KT- agree and ill talk about it
    Sylv - I havent finished progging this yet but atm its only the first phase 1 about pushing into p2

Ok so now to talk about it. Hold dps meta is only a problem when it seems that gaining dps is making the fight harder IE if we push this phase too soon we are punished. Blizzard also clearly sees the hold dps issues when they come up, fights like the boss in mists and fatescribe have cast prevention thresholds in them now.

KT - While I agree this feels bad, as an issue with fight design it actually floats back to issues with class design more then fight design. CDs have become very potent and fights like KT may be stuck being an 8min boss all tier because you legit need to hold pushing the boss so your healer cds can come back up. This feels AWFUL but its the only fight where "hold dps" really feels like a big problem.

Remnant is just to avoid mechanic overlap, this nuance is super fine as its really only about if you can make that push in the next few seconds or not, its nice to have keep some reactive play in your fights. Not every fight should be a snooze on farm. Once you have more dps you beat the bombs and the fight feels easier. Overall this is not a problem and just a brief couple second call your RL needs to make.

Painsmith - The hold dps to push during a weapon toss to get more dps was a RtWF thing and that level of dmg min maxing is not that important. Scaling this tier is out of control and none of dps checks are close to a concern. Yes when progging maybe you wanna min max this sort of thing for a first kill but if you are farming this boss you do not need to hold dps.

Fatescribe - this is just a dps check, not a hold dps problem....

As I said before and you neglected to respond about. Pretty much every tier has a problematic fight or 2 in it. With current class design and the potency of niche styled cds 10 man encounter design is even further cheesed by comp stacking. Mechanics in 10 always felt super easy or super struggle and increase in dps and healer cds only exasperates this weakness in the content type.

For 10.0 I want the following:

A complete reset of everything up until now. We still have Azeroth, but there has been a propper Cataclysm. We've been stripped of everything. We are no longer demigods, and we need to survive in the harsh world that is left after w/e happened with the Jailer.

We are once again tasked with simpler things. No old gods, no interstellar traveling, no ultimate power trip. Just us, fighting to survive. And because of that, the horde vs alliance is no more. Maybe we have 3 factions. Maybe 5? Idk, but something new.

Few, if any, timegated grinds. Give us something to work for, sure, but not Korthia (there are other examples as well, but this one is current).

Oh, and more single player content similar to the mage tower. Soloable content for healers? Yes, please!

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    World Peace.
    lol.

Sadly, this is probably more realistic than getting ActiBlizz to change their strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The lawsuit stuff being at fever pitch the week that the Dom socket tuning occurred probably had a lot to do with that decision. They seem to be course correcting in 9.1.5 but it remains to be seen exactly how much they're willing to concede to the playerbase. Generally speaking I'm with developers trying new things and iterating when it makes sense -- but lately Blizzard has been doing some really weird shit with the game and I think it's time to just go back to the basics. More than anything, I hope they start communicating more frequently with the community to let us know what they're up to behind the scenes. We don't need bi-weekly dev watercoolers but the radio silence and overwhelmingly unpopular design choices they've been making have done them zero favors in the PR department.
    Totally agree. I have payed through token my sub till December so it's not like i have lost money and my raid group while casual is super fun and i like to play the game. Just, i'm limiting myself to korthia dailies, callings, raids and the occasional m+ just because of some OP trinkets and offset pieces. I clenched my stomach to do Torghast a couple weeks and i have only 1 262 leggo and don't plan to craft any other because i truly despise thorghast design that went from bad to tolerable at end of 9.0 back to annoying as hell with the new system (score/talent tree are fine in a vacuum, but buffing everything back up so it became a drag just killed all of my interest. i'll probably get back into it when i'm overgeared and breeze through it if i still care).

They're in full emergency mode. I don't want to go all the way to "they do this kind of stuff on purpose",i'll just take the changes for what they are - big fixes to terribly implemeted systems. To me, SL is done already, i want to see 9.2 and how the story ends but at this point i'm just keeping an eye on anything that's 10.0 related.

Mostly because now they have the chanche to really change their formula, getting back to the roots of the game without just dismissing all the good new things they came out during these years.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-GR View Post
    Return to Azeroth, no need to visit other planets/planes.

Remake let’s say 6 zones and add a few others.

Remove borrowed power systems.
    Yes. Thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Mostly because now they have the chanche to really change their formula, getting back to the roots of the game without just dismissing all the good new things they came out during these years.
    This remains to be seen.

Their digging in with "good experience would not be possible without restrictions" is a tad of a suspect to me that in 10.0 we may end up with yet another chain of bunkers for a system with unnecessary restrictions just because Blizz leads think that makes experience better.

It's a mindset kind of thing. I certainly like Covenants and Legion systems as a general idea and I would not mind these returning for another respin in 10.0, but I hope they will either drop restrictions from the get go -OR- make all the restricted parts to be visuals and vanity only. It's simply unnecessary.

The entire game to be rolled back to MoP, gameplay wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see the old world, old characters, and new stories. Something down to earth (or Azeroth lol).
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This remains to be seen.

Their digging in with "good experience would not be possible without restrictions" is a tad of a suspect to me that in 10.0 we may end up with yet another chain of bunkers for a system with unnecessary restrictions just because Blizz leads think that makes experience better.

It's a mindset kind of thing. I certainly like Covenants and Legion systems as a general idea and I would not mind these returning for another respin in 10.0, but I hope they will either drop restrictions from the get go -OR- make all the restricted parts to be visuals and vanity only. It's simply unnecessary.
    Choices are good if the only impact they have is on your personal gameplay experience. Anything that's related to player power/performance has to have no restrictions whatsoever.

This game has become a spreadsheet at its core. Which may be fine or not but doesn't change the fact that if you want to do endgame content and get the rewards, you want the best performance out of your toon.

If you gate performance tools, then players won't care about any kind of choice you put in game - they'll wait for sims to come out, and get the best option. Then complain about how they're forced to do something they don't like because they need to do it for their player power. For example, covenants would have worked perfectly if the soulbinds weren't a part of it. Different stories, rewards and choosing one wouldn't impact your raid logs for example.

I'm becoming more and mroe a fan of system that are a) account wide, so the rewards you get are one-time and available for all your characters and b) are finite, so i can have a clear vision of where it ends. I don't need stupid infinite grinds, i was super happy back ago when at a certain point of a tier i could say "i am done with this char". Now you're basically never done - every day you still have to do something on every character you need to play and not doing so only means you're losing stuff/lagging behind.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'd like them to double down in 10.0 on the pve endgame questlines and class hall/covenant progression tracts. I could live with or without the borrowed power system, but I would definitely see a continuation of the flavor and make choices matter. WOW will always have raids, but the few players having around these forums need to realize that the vast majority of the silent player base just wants to play a game and have fun. They are casuals if you want to put a label on it, and so by necessity a large part of the systems need to be geared to them. Player housing and a fully integration of this into the crafting system would go a long way to keep people invested, interested and engaged.

Apart from that I do not care about the setting, whether we are lowly peons or demi-gods if the writing does not improve it honestly is all the same.

• No borrowed power
    • Return to Azeroth (somehow)
    • No source of drip feeding time gate (like renown)

- A new class. I'd prefer Blademaster, but anyone is ok.
    - A more alter friendly system. Since Legion, the game is more and more anti-alter, too much things to farm with the main leaves no time to level alters.

Flying from the get-go, new flying physics, battle-pet like depth added to mounts.

"More flying." shorthand.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

More frequent content, no more stupid borrowed power systems and at least an attempt at balancing the classes a bit. It's kind of getting old with the same classes and specs being god mode every patch and expansion, where as others are permanently left in the gutter.

Gameplay wise:
    - remove class spec
    - make a pull of ability of wich we can only chose the 6 main, 3 offensive cd, 3 defensive cd, 3 utility.
    - the combination unlock a unique mastery that is use as balance/coeshive thing to make it work and easy to tweak by blizz
    - enjoy finally my unique playstyle the I wanna play.
    - add spell in the pool every patch.

Sysytem wise
    -reforging back
    -socket enchant back
    -instant flying
    -delete borrowed power
    -delete leggendary
    -challenge mode back
    -hardmode boss more present
    -coin roll back
    -delete archeology
    -delete wow token
    -max Gold 100.000
    - AH max price of item 10.000

World system
    - revamp silvermoon
    - go back to es/ka
    - stop killing/resurrect main char

Class System
    - remove DH, give demo trasformation back to lock as tank specc, give rogue a wargliave specc instead of "fake pirate one"
    - mage should be for a full expansion last in dps as compensation for the last 15y
    - hunter survival back to ranged or remove from existance
    - dk can tank in all the talent ad color they want (green blue red or a combination)
    - shaman chain-lighing chain-heal goal is to be capped on haste enoght to be a laser beam channeling
    - warr need a change bar color from brown to black to give them more importance (pun intended)

Enjoy our free spech right!

Player Housing with a lot of customization to allow for various racial architectural types, tons of collectibles for decoration that drop from old dungeons / raids / crafting professions, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    Player Housing with a lot of customization to allow for various racial architectural types, tons of collectibles for decoration that drop from old dungeons / raids / crafting professions, etc..
    You shall not pass!

(Actually you shall since I agree with your take a million percent).

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    More secrets. I want more insane world traveling experiences like with baal and uuna. Give us t mogs , toys that are interactive and new, maybe some mounts. But an expansion spanned secret would be sick, multiple little rewards leading to maybe an exclusive item.

just a fun time sync. no bs.

New class/rework of least popular specs, or taking away the majority of class-race restrictions, or all of them honestly.