Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Maybe I just don't "appreciate" the aesthetic, but Mail-armor looks super boring?

I landed on just leveling up a Highmountain Tauren -- even if Survival gets nerfed to hell, it feels like the "right" spec for the character -- but honestly, as someone who normally REALLY digs hunting down new transmogs, I feel like the Hunter class is... well, super boring?

Maybe I just don't "get" it? Like... do you guys have a lot of Hunter sets you like? If so, why? What's the "fantasy" for your Hunter, in your mind? What sort of character do you see them as, and how does their armor factor into that?

Because it sure SEEMS like a lot of there gear is just a hodge-podge of... stuff. It doesn't even feel like there's a consistent theme. It's like there's bits of leather, occasionally bits of chainmail, occasional plate-looking accents, SOMETIMES patches of fur but never really full pelts... it doesn't seem like there's any unifying "theme" to any of their armor.

I suppose I'll throw in a request as well, that I'd really dig having SOME kind of cool-looking armor set to pursue, particularly for a Highmountain Tauren. And no, not their Heritage armor; I honestly find it kind of drab-looking, as well. Just... I dunno, something a little more colorful, with a discernable "theme" of some kind? And maybe a mount to "match" with it somehow?

Think you're just lacking creativity here HM tauren look dope as hunters, also "drab" is kind of what suits them. Here's some of the sets I use on mine:

In game:
    Last edited by gd8; 2022-07-08 at 09:25 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just merge "Hunter" sets into Leather, "Shaman" sets into Plate; be done with mail armor, remove it from the game ffs, anyway Leather classes have more survivability than mail classes so its deems it redundant.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Hunter sets are supposed to be beasts you have slain and are now wearing. Like gronn set or murloc set or whatever. I don't particularly enjoy mail but I like leather even less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well mail users have always had the issue of having the most quantity of "meh" equipment, not saying that there aren't good options, but we will also look with envy the plate users.

7+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to being a mail user. I have only ever come up with one good set and iv used it for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mail is the least-used armor type--most of it falls into a "skulls ripped off mobs you killed" theme for hunters or else an elemental theme for shamans. If neither of those interest you, there won't be a lot of mail that you'll like.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

WoW mail armor is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in every MMO I've played.

It seems that the chosen Design was given into the hands of elementary school children with brain problems.

I really like masks that cover the face. But Blizzard understands that 90% of Hunter's xmogs have to be a hat and only sit on top of the head. And the other 10% that work as face masks is ugly as hell.

Almost two decades of WoW and until today Hunter only has one cool xmog which is that dark green TBC acquired with honor points.

Everything else I think is awful.

In my opinion the good designs are in leather and plate. And let's be serious: Wouldn't it be 1000x more logical for Hunter to use leather??
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2022-07-13 at 04:26 AM.

TBH pretty much the only thing I don't like about my hunter is the mail transmog options. It feels like we get the plate ideas that were thrown in the reject bin

Personally I love Hunter's tier sets of animals/monsters theyve killed. The generic sets for mail are hideous though. I feel like thats why so many hunters/shaman tmog tier gear.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Just merge "Hunter" sets into Leather, "Shaman" sets into Plate; be done with mail armor, remove it from the game ffs, anyway Leather classes have more survivability than mail classes so its deems it redundant.
    Yeah mail was just a bad choice. Heck I'd say some of the classes in leather should be in cloth (Monk, DH). But I don't think it's possible to change the armor system at this point unless they also change transmog restrictions; removing choices that are available to people is just wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    Think you're just lacking creativity here HM tauren look dope as hunters, also "drab" is kind of what suits them. Here's some of the sets I use on mine:
    I think your post clearly highlights the hunter transmo problem: we either wear dead animals, or we look like bargain bin druids. We are not allowed to do anything else.

There have been clever ideas in the past, like the garrison class set in WoD, but those are very rare, while other classes (warrior, priest, paladin, druid) look consistently gorgeous tier after tier.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    Personally I love Hunter's tier sets of animals/monsters theyve killed. The generic sets for mail are hideous though. I feel like thats why so many hunters/shaman tmog tier gear.
    They've tried to do that with numerous sets but for some reason the trophy shoulders often just end up looking bad. I think part of the problem is that most of those sets would look better if asymmetrical.

As a hunter main with shaman as my main alt Ive made more sets than i can count over the years and it's by far my favourite armor class.

I basically just lean into the fantasy of whatever race my hunter alt no. 567 is. Gnomes get techie guns, dwarves look like survivalist mountaineers, humans/elves like rangers etc etc.

For Highmountain I'd probably just copypaste my shaman look, altho hunter weapons being sheathed on their backs would be annoying since I love the totems on your back.

I'm a dumb dumb on forumposting tho so even attempting to embed pictures would end horribly. Will see if I can't make a little collection and edit in a link once I'm at a computer!

7+ Year Old Account
    Hunters in general have very poor tier sets, shamans are a lot luckier.

I feel a lot of hunter sets work if you omit the helmet, rare exception to this is the honor TBC Demon Stalker equivalent which overall looks great. I also like the blue/gold scaled set PvP from Wotlk.

But I can agree that hunters often get the shaft when it comes to armor.

Imo the tier 19 eagletalon set is one of the few very good hunter transmogs.
    Most of the time the helm and the shoulders are just to big and weird to use on most races.
    But the tier 19 looks great imo, especially the LFR white one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Imo the tier 19 eagletalon set is one of the few very good hunter transmogs.
    Most of the time the helm and the shoulders are just to big and weird to use on most races.
    But the tier 19 looks great imo, especially the LFR white one.
    Tier 19 was really excellent from pretty much every class. Night elf hunters also got an amazing set from HC Darkshore if you can grind it.

IDK im pretty happy with me hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I think your post clearly highlights the hunter transmo problem: we either wear dead animals, or we look like bargain bin druids. We are not allowed to do anything else.
    What else do you want a "hunter" to look like?

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    IDK im pretty happy with me hunter
    Bro what is this

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the simplicity of Mail sometimes. I'm not a flashy person I don't want giant fucking literal SUNS circling around me like I'm trying to overcompensate my "Shortcomings"

my Hunter usually runs around with the Black Dragonscale chest/legs/boots on and the Exile's Reach bow, and my Shaman runs around with a set of green shorts with a green top and a pair of wrenches for weapons cause shes an Engineer.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything