Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I really liked Blackhand in WoD, his modell looked awesome.

Last edited by kodemonkee; 2021-08-07 at 08:21 PM.

S tier = Vol’jin
    A tier = Bwonsamdi, King Rastakhan
    B tier = Thrall, Baine

Based on last few expansions

All time though is easy

Arthas, and Illidan
    Last edited by muto; 2021-08-08 at 05:23 AM.

I played AV a lot and always liked Drek’thar. He apologized for nothing. He wants to take that valley and will kill any alliance in his way or die trying. Hes like an honorable variant of Garrosh. I always felt he should be warchief of the Horde.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Johnny Awesome and Fiona. I kinda miss the more mundane, everyday characters you can relate to in some way, don't think we've had any since maybe Pandaria.
    I liked the latest chapter of the rivalry between the Barov brothers in WoD. Pretend to work together, then crush the other under a tree and take everything.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    They sure look submissive and breedable.
    they are my waifus and yes they are the perfect magnificent seven.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Bwonsamdi and Rastakhan before they killed him off for a worse character. Taking him out was one of the worst ideas from BFA. He was a complicated character with strengths and flaws and a backstory that so desperately needed to be detailed. He ruled the last great Troll Empire for two hundred years and none of it got fleshed out.

He should have lived and been a main character for the Horde we are so starved for good characters its ridiculous. We heard about him since vanilla with a lot of mystery and intrigue built up about the God King Rastakhan and he gets taken out in the first raid patch.

Bwonsamdi had made an appearance in the distant past, but wasn't properly fleshed out until BFA. He's great. Back when I still played HotS I wanted him to become a playable hero.

The vulpera trio (Kiro, Meerah, Nisha) deserve a mention too, though only as a group. Individually they're less interesting.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Stand out for SL is Ve’nari for me (special mention to Renathal’s voice actor. He’s not written very interestingly but his VA makes me happy every time he shows up.)

I enjoyed lots of folks in BfA but I wouldn’t really say I ‘care about’ them too much.

I miss Khadgar. It was nice hearing his VA again for Odyn and the Eye in 9.1. I also suppose I cared about Thalyssra (and her crew) in Legion.

Hard to care about anyone in WoD as … timey-wimey. I guess Garry’s death?
    Last edited by Villager720; 2021-08-08 at 01:23 PM.

Fandral, Illidan, Kael'thas, Azshara, Vashj and Rommath. There's a few others, but I've always had a particular liking for the Elven races in Warcraft and it's a crying shame that they've been handled so poorly over the years.

I liked Varian too. Anduin...is very hit or miss. When he's not lecturing the non-human races on how to react to being nearly wiped out he's pretty neat.

I'm sorry! Very sorry! Forgive me, but I liked ... khadgar.

As for more mundane characters..... flynn?

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Orkus - from a questline in Hillsbrad Foothills, you started with him drowning in knee deep water in "Gurgle Help Gurgle" and he becomes a Horde hero that dies for you in "Heroes of the Horde". I actually teared up when I got off Kasha the dragon and he was dead. I turned in that quest and just shut off the computer that night. Orkus was the best!

Thrall -> Garrosh ->Tirion -> Sylvanas

i don't have anyone anymore

Budd Nedreck

Miss that guy

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Johnny Awesome and Fiona. I kinda miss the more mundane, everyday characters you can relate to in some way, don't think we've had any since maybe Pandaria.
    This is a good point, the lower characters often gave a more human or relatable story. I was more interested in Rexxar back in Vanilla just walking through Desolace than I have been in most of the current characters with there generic fantasy soap opera dialogue.

Arthas. His story start to finish is amazing. The crown prince just trying to look out for his people but ultimately letting that get out of control and all consuming all the while being corrupted by the lich king. He then ultimately becomes the very thing he set out to kill in the first place. I'm in the process of getting a tattoo of him

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Khadgar all day long.

Gul'Dan was a great villain, Thalyssra, right up until she chose sides with the allied races, Runas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SimithDAEN View Post
    Arthas. His story start to finish is amazing. The crown prince just trying to look out for his people but ultimately letting that get out of control and all consuming all the while being corrupted by the lich king. He then ultimately becomes the very thing he set out to kill in the first place. I'm in the process of getting a tattoo of him
    I'm surprised that he isn't on more people's list here; Arthas Menethil was easily one of the best antagonists in all of video games, with a story arc spanning multiple games and expansion packs, finally culminating in the "big payoff" to what turned out to be WoW's most popular expansion.

I know that the Shadowlands story isn't popular among players but I feel like the true story behind the Shadowlands is only just beginning, and I think that when all is said and done, it will be remembered not as the expansion that tells Sylvanas' redemption story, but instead, Arthas'.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Runas. One example of how small side-stories are superior to the game's current overarching narrative.
    I forgot about Runas! Such a beautiful piece of questing. It really gave you a new look at the withered. Wonderful character. If I'm not mistaken he is voiced by the same guy that does Lorewalker Cho and Havi.

I liked Thalyssra until she betrayed me and joined the horde. I will forever hate her and i still deeply regret that i saved her wretched species.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Khadgar probably, his VA really brought him to life after we had him just sitting in Shattrath for years. Oh, and Runas, how could I forget.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."