Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    This thread is outdated - they already start to come back to WoW ;P
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I fucking love how much cliche you are. I... I really don't think I could have done a persiflage as well as you did, even if I tried all my life. Wow.
    he is not wrong.

Asmonbald build his popularity only after making for years videos on youtube where he openly hated casual player and preaching about only tryharding matters

he collected around himself similiar to him incels and simps who will now follow their guru whereever he goes.

they will hate whatever he tells him to hate - his viewers have no opinion on their own whatsoever

only thing that gathers there is hate for normal people with normal lives who enjoy cmputer games in casual easy way .

he was smart enough to capitilize on this hatred .

basicly divide and conqeur using hate in computer world.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    This thread is outdated - they already start to come back to WoW ;P
    I dont think thats accurate, source?

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I fucking love how much cliche you are. I... I really don't think I could have done a persiflage as well as you did, even if I tried all my life. Wow.
    Pretty much every streamer does this, doesnt take much to see, i dont even watch twitch, but just knowing names and how they pop up all over the internet is enough to know things.

Some PoE streamers are D3 streamers, they rode the bandwagon of D3 Hate and moved onto PoE, Quinn as example even had guides for everything for years.

Shroud, made his fortune from CS streaming that quit the pro career cause it didnt matter anymore with how much he was making just streaming, so much that when he started hating CS and praising other games, he is making more, Valorant in this case.

His most famous videos lately are literally the ones when he "Goes back to CS and hates it" instantly.

Hate produces money cause people without actual opinion follow it.

And then there are actual streamers that play everything and still have a following, those are decent ones.
    Last edited by potis; 2021-08-10 at 12:45 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    So you don't have to grind for weeks to get enough soul ash to get even one maxed out legendary? That's a player power increase that takes several weeks of grinding just to get.

You don't need to grind out M+ dungeons in order to get your Great Vault drops to maximize your chances at an upgrade?

You've never felt "Man, I've already done this world quest like a dozen times, do I really need to do it again?" while questing through a zone where you only need the rep in order to finish out that one last grind for a minor player power increase?

You're lying then. It's not even SL specifically that has done this, this has nearly ALWAYS been present in WoW - You can't JUST dungeon/raid for gear AND compete at a high level. You haven't been able since Cataclysm. There's simply too many player power upgrades that matter enough that not doing them is wasting your group's time.
    So in your reply to that other person you're making the mistake of thinking that Asmongold's fans are fans of the game. They're fans of Asmon. They'd watch him play Goat Simulator if he played it. If he plays WoW they'll watch, if he plays XIV they'll watch, if he plays New World they'll watch. He's pretty much single handedly propping up FFXIV in terms of viewership numbers at the moment.

But to address your comments to me, let me ask you a question, do you think that WoW shouldn't have ANY grinds? Because the Soul Ash grind, while not something I really enjoy, doesn't have to be much of a grind. You do your chores in a very small amount of time and you're done. I'm not sure where the disrespect for your time comes in. If you were rep farming in a previous version of WoW that you think was better and you stopped playing for a week or two you didn't get rep, so why should soul ash be any different? You do the grind you get the reward. It's only a massive burden if you make it one.

Actually no I don't feel the need to grind out M+ dungeons. I'm not going for World First, just Cutting Edge, so when I go CN CE I had only done maybe 10~ M+ dungeons total this expansion because I wasn't enjoying it. There's less of a reason to do it in SL than there was in BFA or Legion because you're only doing it for the vault. Unless you're doing the race to world first there is really very little reason to do things you don't want to do in WoW right now. You're making it a very unrewarding job, not Blizzard.

Are you playing the game or are you "competing at a high level" and if it's the latter I hate to break it to you but you're not the target demographic and neither am I. Something like 6% of the playerbase when the game is in a healthy state will ever even down a Mythic boss. We're in a ridiculously small community there. And quite frankly if you're not in that ~6% doing Mythic raiding or you're not in whatever percentage (with massive overlap in that 6%) that's pushing really high keys and you're treating the game like a job YOU are in the wrong. Not the game. Lol. It really sounds to me like it's an issue of your own making that you're pushing off on other people because you're not playing efficiently for the content that you're doing.

Since you brought it up, what exactly did you have to do outside of raiding in Cata / MoP / WoD? Because IIRC I raid logged for all of those.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I do not think it’s hypocritical. It’s thoroughly earned. I wonder that the exodus didn’t start during BfA, but Shadowlands has been received so badly that this really shouldn’t surprise anyone.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Heroes are the Storm and LoL are similar, but LoL is massively more popular.
    Because League of Legends literally had 6 years of growth on them -- and when Blizzard lost the Dota 2 lawsuit, their plan for a MOBA literally got jettison'd.

Lets not also forget that HotS had to be rebranded twice, its eSports died immediately after BlizzCon, and suffered from immense amount of server issues because they decided to use the SC2 server instead of making a brand new client.

When Dota 2 came out, the MOBA window was closed. The market got so saturated and the newest fad was taking off (battle royales) -- its why most MOBAs released after Dota 2 are dead games. Blizzard got fucked out of the competition because of Dota 2 and Valve pulling the rug out from under them.
    Last edited by TidalConflux; 2021-08-10 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It's pretty obvious most of it riding a bandwagon for views.
    Streaming is their job. They make money at it. Of course they're doing it for the views. They do everything for the views.

If WoW is popular, if it's what their viewers want to watch, they stream WoW. If not, not.

You make a lot of assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Company that listens to its fans
    Please stop using the FF14 team to describe the whole of Square Enix. Outside of Yoshi-P's team -- most of SE is pretty fucking awful with the amount of times they shit the bed of development.

Imagine still supporting blizzard and blizzard games lmao , if anything the streamers moving away from their moneymaker tells us how the disgust is stronger than greed.
    True hypocrisy is what blizzard did in the past years in the wow and ow scene with the "curb the toxicity" bullshit they pushed to the players , pro gamers and normies alike.
    The strict policing of what people can and cannot say , the emotes they can and cannot use in and out of games, the sexism , the racism and the genderphobia that never has to show in their games environment. How they claimed inclusivity and fairness is one of their core principles , hell you can demolish that statue in front of blizzard HQ because it's a monument to a lie they have been serving us for years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I'm talking about the hypocrisy of the extremity. I understand wow deserves a lot of criticism (mainly because of the overengineering of subsystems and grinding), but all this "[almost]100% wow is bad" and "[almost]100% this new game I found is perfect" is pretty obviously hypocritical in part.
    This is an oversimplification. These are players who are typically sick and tired of having a longstanding relationship with Blizzard (sometimes with a degree of animosity, as in Asmongold's case with his public feuds with multiple developers) and not having their feedback taken into consideration. This has been an ongoing trend, whether it be Legion Legendary feedback, BfA Azerite armor and Corruptions feedback, or Shadowlands Covenants and Domination Sockets feedback (to give a few examples), where Blizzard has blatantly ignored feedback provided in the Betas and PTRs and then go on to make the mistakes they had been warned about. Players are seeing this happen again and again, and so they become tired of it. This sort of feedback fatigue that makes many people feel like they're paying for a Beta (i.e.: Beta for Azeroth, Betalands), which is compounded with serious issues that have existed for a long time:
    - Being able to purchase gold from Blizzard which can then be used to buy raids, M+ clears, PvP ratings, reducing prestige of many activities.
    - Some classes still feel incomplete after being gutted post Legion [such as Fire Mage].
    - PvP has received very little love (new Arenas, but only 1 new Battleground in 6 years, but no new PvP Battleground types).
    - Very little to do outside of Raiding and M+.
    - Alternative activities (such as Raw Gold Farming in old instances) are constantly receiving unwanted changes and nerfs, also have inconsistent application of legacy buff.

When players then go to other games and praise them, they're not being hypocritical, people just don't understand the nuance of what they're saying. A good example of this is the FFXIV cash shop, which people point to and call people who praise their form of monetization as being hypocritical. This ignores the fact that Gil (FFXIV currency) cannot be bought on their cash shop, whereas WoW tokens (which are always in high demand) can and be exchanged for gold, this injection of currency then causes inflation (i.e.: FFXIV has more items on their shop, but WoW has more detrimental ones).
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    whereas WoW tokens (which are always in high demand) can and be exchanged for gold, this injection of currency then causes inflation (i.e.: FFXIV has more items on their shop, but WoW has more detrimental ones).
    The token doesn't inject gold into the economy. It only transfers it from one player to another. All gold gained with tokens is earned by players in the game. WoW also doesn't have "more detrimental" items in the cash shop. How do you even call cosmetic items detrimental in the first place lol. The hypocrisy when it comes to cash shop is that one game has more of it but is good while WoW no matter what is bad. You even do it yourself.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno a lot of people in general are leaving Blizzard over the last 3 months. Their games have taken a nose dive and their recent drama hasn't helped much either, combined with the devs being bitter towards their own face base, it isnt a good look.

I myself have moved on from Blizzard now, it's just not he company I love anymore, hell even the company I love was full of horrible people so that makes it even worse...
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-08-10 at 05:25 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I mean, you CAN buy gil on the shop just as well as you can in WoW though. It's not even less direct.

Wow: Buy Token for $$$ > Sell on AH > Get Gold
    FFXIV: Buy cosmetics for $$$ > Sell on MB (Or reddit - I vaguely remember some being market prohib, but you can still easily give out the code/trade in game) > Get Gil

It's literally no more complicated. People are just more likely to buy game time via the Token than they are to buy cosmetics that they only need to buy once and never again.
    I dont know much about FF - is the price for said cosmetic fixed? Do you know how much you will get for the cosmetic item, or is it just market/player driven? How high is the demand for these items?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    WoW tokens (which are always in high demand) can and be exchanged for gold, this injection of currency then causes inflation (i.e.: FFXIV has more items on their shop, but WoW has more detrimental ones).
    You do realise the token doesn't CREATE any gold at all, right? The gold is simply transferred from the purchaser, to the seller - the purchaser already earned that gold. Sure, an argument could be made that the existence of the token encourages the purchaser to earn more gold than they would typically do, but even then they still play the game and earn the gold - none is "injected".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Why hypocrisy? They are players like us, they are no longer having fun and dont want to play the game anymore. should they be forced to play a game they deslike for the rest of their lives because they used to stream it or something? I am glad those guys are having fun with new games and they are showing their playerbase that are better options out there.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

9 out of 10 of the streamers jumping ship now for ff and other games, are back again next expansion. Maybe even next patch. Its just a fake outrage to generate clicks. You see it all the damn time

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    9 out of 10 of the streamers jumping ship now for ff and other games, are back again next expansion. Maybe even next patch. Its just a fake outrage to generate clicks. You see it all the damn time
    Of course they are. Pretty much everyone gives new expansion a go. The time it get dumpstered again gets shorter every time tho.

Fake outrage to generate what clicks exactly?

How hard is it to face the fact that the game has been on it's last legs for a good while now and people are just fed up with it and all the unsavoury shit with Blizzard is just icing on the cake?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Yeah it makes complete sense to stop streaming WoW when you are a WoW streamer, that will get you a lot of extra income for sure.
    When the demand is there for other stuff or other games they will be stupid to hold on to wow.

It already happened and its completely normal imo.

As for wow.. who cares, preach for example said the only thing he got from blizzard was some early acces stuff to play content earlier.. so hes not gonna not stream because he has some rules or something. He literally said: I dont care.
    I mean this will likely be the case for alot of wow streamers and I dont believe blizz is keeping them financed or some shit.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-08-10 at 08:56 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The token doesn't inject gold into the economy. It only transfers it from one player to another. All gold gained with tokens is earned by players in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You do realise the token doesn't CREATE any gold at all, right? The gold is simply transferred from the purchaser, to the seller - the purchaser already earned that gold. Sure, an argument could be made that the existence of the token encourages the purchaser to earn more gold than they would typically do, but even then they still play the game and earn the gold - none is "injected".
    Obviously it does not generate gold by itself and I never said it did. You both even quote the part where I explicitly state that it can be exchanged for gold. The problem is that it overly incentivizes the farming of gold. It is, more or less, a gold sink that doesn't actually remove gold from the community. I mean, really, what do you think happens when a system is introduced which incentivizes players to farm hundreds of thousands of gold a month?

WoW also doesn't have "more detrimental" items in the cash shop. How do you even call cosmetic items detrimental in the first place lol. The hypocrisy when it comes to cash shop is that one game has more of it but is good while WoW no matter what is bad. You even do it yourself.
    This, paired with your previous misunderstanding of what I wrote, shows you did not understand what was said. The problem isn't cosmetics, the problem isn't boosts, the problem isn't even mounts or pets, the problem is providing players the ability to purchase currency from Blizzard via the WoW token is harmful, essentially allowing players to purchase achievements for for cash (i.e.: buy WoW token -> sell WoW token -> buy boost; I do not respect the argument that the one degree of separation makes it anything other than buying boosts for cash).
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief