Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I think WoW should be lead design wise by its best pve and pvp players.

I know some people here have a gut reactions of "no" to that but lets take a moment to consider what would happen if that was the case.

You would see far fewer or massively pointless content trimmed from the game rather then having it stick around and stink up the game. You would have a wow without AP (in all its forms), corruption, azerite (everything about the system from resource to talents), soul ash/cinders, warfronts, islands, choreghast, covenants, and a host of other terrible choices veteran players saw as the cluster fuck they were the second they were proposed.

Think about all the extra dungeons, and even raids we could get if blizzard had used the resources they wasted in those pointless projects if they turned to their best to lead them. I am personally thinking top 100 raiders and 2600+ ranked pvpers would be the best pool to draw from.

We have seen how blizzard designs the game. I can only see them going to the best of their playerbase as an improvement.

???? ehm, it is actully right that now..... wow leader is an ex "elitist jerk"..... is this bait.....???

You are basically describing what has already happened to the game. The “massively pointless content” is what makes up the game outside of raiding and dungeons.

I would assume you only play to raid and do dungeons so fuck everyone else right?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    ???? ehm, it is actully right that now..... wow leader is an ex "elitist jerk"..... is this bait.....???
    that doesnt make him one of the best players

He isn't a very good player. His logs are a meme in the guild I run with currently and for good reason. If he had a day when he was good...well everyone grows old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Declaron View Post
    You are basically describing what has already happened to the game. The “massively pointless content” is what makes up the game outside of raiding and dungeons.

I would assume you only play to raid and do dungeons so fuck everyone else right?
    Nah the mage tower was a good idea. I won't excuse the failure of pretty much every other system. There is no shame in doing what your good at and for wow that is dungeons and raids.

Bahahahahaha who? Old mate Ion aka Gurthok?

HAHAHAHA oh man

i don't think there is a pvp design team to lead

Yes, let's make the game into even more of an esport wannabe...

I'd rather see the utter opposite of that. I want to see new ideas, not just 'raid or die' or 'arena 4 life'. Let's have actual content that the majority wants to play not just the elite few.

No thanks.

99% of players have zero idea how to actually properly balance and develop a game. If they did, they'd be starting their own companies.

Being able to play a game at a high level does not mean you know what said game needs. Leave that to the people whose job it is to develop games, thanks.

Good (race car) drivers don't necessarily make good (race car) engineers.
    At this point, you just need anyone who has a coherent vision for the game and the leadership skills to execute its development.

But at the very least, they need someone who asks what those 200+ developers are doing the entire day and analyzes where these people put in their work.
    I have the distinct impression that either the majority of content they create lands in the bin, development involves way too much bureaucratic bloat or have they too many lazy / incompetent staff on the team - including and especially senior staff.

That's been the case for pvp for over 10 years and the participation has done nothing but go down as a result. Elitists on the pvp side of the game tend to suggest things that increase their strength and dominance and do ZERO for participation, growth and the avg player. So no from a pvp perspective, it's a terrible idea.

No, being a good players doesn't ment they are a good designer... Not at all. Quite opposite in fact. It tends to pigeonhole, focus on only what they are pro at. Being the best players shows you are the best in that area. May it be m+ och raid or pvp. Which means they are good when it comes to those areas... They have no clue whatsoever how to make any design beyond their small area.

Pro players are good at giving feedback. But not designing shit... If they are good at designing its probably not because they are pro at it.

There is a reason why tournaments or so aren't littered with only the designers of the game...
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-08-11 at 01:59 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    No, being a good players doesn't ment they are a good designer... Not at all. Quite opposite in fact. It tends to pigeonhole, focus on only what they are pro at. Being the best players shows you are the best in that area. May it be m+ och raid or pvp. Which means they are good when it comes to those areas... They have no clue whatsoever how to make any design beyond their small area.

Pro players are good at giving feedback. But not designing shit... If they are good at designing its probably not because they are pro at it.

There is a reason why tournaments or so aren't littered with only the designers of the game...
    I thought the devs cant participate in any tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I know some people here have a gut reactions of "no" to that but lets take a moment to consider what would happen if that was the case.

You would see far fewer or massively pointless content trimmed from the game rather then having it stick around and stink up the game. You would have a wow without AP (in all its forms), corruption, azerite (everything about the system from resource to talents), soul ash/cinders, warfronts, islands, choreghast, covenants, and a host of other terrible choices veteran players saw as the cluster fuck they were the second they were proposed.

Think about all the extra dungeons, and even raids we could get if blizzard had used the resources they wasted in those pointless projects if they turned to their best to lead them. I am personally thinking top 100 raiders and 2600+ ranked pvpers would be the best pool to draw from.

We have seen how blizzard designs the game. I can only see them going to the best of their playerbase as an improvement.

We have considered it. Not sure you have though. This is like saying that a sharpshooter should design a firearm. Might sound good on paper, if you literally don't think about how they're vastly different skill sets, but in practice fails miserably. Because being really good at shooting the gun doesn't mean you have any idea how to engineer/run the manufacturing process. I see no reason that someone who is good at playing a game would be a good, sensible, and overall game health minded designer. Their input is useful, especially in the area they exceed at, but that means fuck all for making/designing a good game.

Your selective memory of what veteran players called for also doesn't help.

Also aren't you one of those who whines pretty regularly about Ion? Around the time he got the job he was literally exactly what you're talking about and I'm not sure if given the chance to go back in time you'd stop him from getting the job or Hitler for doing everything he did. So your own post kind of comes right back to smack you in the face assuming I remember correctly and your thoughts on him are true.

Quote Originally Posted by dafuq View Post
    that doesnt make him one of the best players
    Pretty safe to say even though they've fallen off he/they outperformed you and 99% of the player base. As cool as it is to shit on him now more than half the fuckers who do struggled to clear Heroic Dungeons in TBC and normal naxx or copied their strats/used their site for theorycrafting.

I don't particularly care if you think he's done a great job as a designer. I sure don't , or I should say the team since I think just like GC people pin everything on him because people are simple and like easy scape goats, since I feel that BFA and SL have been overall steps down since Legion. But at this point you don't need to lie about the man to satisfy your rage boner.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-08-11 at 02:28 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Could you elaborate how this would not turn the entire game into a lobby system where people are waiting for the next battleground, dungeon or raid instance, because it sounds like that's what you'd like to see happen even more so than it already is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I thought the devs cant participate in any tournament.
    Hmm, never heard of it tbh. Could be true. Either way... Developers are rarely the best players around even if they design the game themselves. You might know more, but skill is a lot more than just knowing the underlying numbers and calculations. Especially nowadays when all the design under the hoods get figured out fairly quickly so it levels the playing field almost instantly.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

No. This is a bad idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, he fucking sucks

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    If blizz want's more players, playing more, they should focus more (not less) resources on 'world' of World of Warcraft. Vast majority of players don't participate in high level keys, mythic raiding, or high level arena. Turning WoW into an esport is the single greatest reason for declining subs, as the increased focus on this style of development came at the expense of what most people playing WoW do.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

It is and the game is garbage.