Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    But why is no one clamoring to fix this? If the sexism & bias is worse than the "tech industry", why isn't this receiving the same attention?
    Again. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it is not happening. Just like with auto factory floor workers where you assumed they have a diversity problem when they really don't. These things do come up but are rarely national level news. So if you are local to the auto industry you do hear about programs, or problems, about diversity. There is always talk about it around the Big 3 automakers and getting more diversity.

So this just seems like a bias on your part because you don't normally surround yourself with news from all of the work force and are just more aware of Tech Industry. Which is fine as long as you don't try to push a false narrative based on that lack of information.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    No one said they gonna hire people that have no idea what they are doing. Why would you even assume that? If 2 people can get the job done and one belongs to an underrepresented group - you take that person. It's simply better for your workplace and its productivity.
    What if 20 people apply for that job and just one of them belongs to an underrepresented group? Does this person still get priority over their 19 peers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's a joke, someone is making a meme to win their Internet points by having it shared and liked so they can get more followers.

The former NY governor isn't going to work high up for Activision-Blizzard. Because A) he's a Democrat and Bobby at the very high end is hiring Bush and Trump guys and B) he's not going to be working anywhere anytime soon.
    Get the political BS out of here. Bobby doesn't hire anyone based on ideology.

This thing started well when,and they they had to ruin it all by making sexist demands,well done

"Let's completely ignore the issues and start hiring people based on their gender"

I guess americans just can't progress without crippling themselves with idpols in the process,that's always disappointing
    Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2021-08-11 at 03:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    This I can agree with. And my take on it is there are certain industries just more in the public eye than others.

It sucks, but incremental progress maybe? EDIT: I don't quite agree with your edit.
    Ok. Which part do you specifically not agree with? Part of that argument is dependent upon what they mean by "an unattractive environment for women"? Do they mean the harassment bit? Or the heavy lifting bit? If its the first one, THAT'S what I am pointing out needs to be fixed equally across the board for everyone. If it's the second one, I don't know what to tell you. Women are easily as capable as men, but not all women are easily as PHYSICALLY capable as all men. Hell, not all men are physically as capable as other men.

Are we talking about the lack of work/life balance or the flexible schedules? Well, again, fair... but that cannot be the focus for women in general, but EVERYONE. If they don't make accommodations for the men in those areas, why is it fair to expect them for women? The problem of those issues needs to be fixed across the board. If you want the positions, but don't want them because they meet your criteria, and basically just say "fuck it" and then let the problem persist for those who are already there enduring it, then it wasn't really an issue... just an issue for you specifically.

Look, I work in IT. I am in infrastructure, but I work with a team that is predominantly female. All incredibly skilled and talented women. They get the same pay as the males on the team (BASED ON EXPERIENCE AND TIME IN THE FIELD), and have the same accommodations. And I know for a fact that, where they are concerned, if they thought that there was a disparity in the department in terms of things like work/life balance... they would go to bat for it, for the team. For everyone. Not just themselves as females.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    It's not a proven fact, it's an opinion that several studies have concluded. I'm not arguing that diversity is bad (I'm in favor of it, obviously), but I'm tired of people treating the outcome of a study as fact. There are studies that say butter is good for you. The study someone referenced above said that the diverse groups were more creative. How did they measure that, did they take out their creativity ruler?

A lot of these "studies" are junk science. Or else the conclusion of the study is very narrow, and people turn it into something way broader. The world is a very complex place, and a controlled study that finds something is true in a specific environment is often useless in determining how it works in another one.
    So, by your own words, we have studies that proven that there is a possibility for more diverse teams to be better than non diverse teams. There is no study that says the oposite. Even, by your standards, creating diverse team is better.

People from different ethnicity, religion, backgrounds, countries, genders and just from different walks in life bring diversity, which clash with every member. Thats how ideas are born. You could learn awesome recipe for a dinner from somebody in Asia that you would never otherwise if there was no Asian.

Do you have any counter argument except "nu-uh"?

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Clearly you, as most everyone else, is missing the fact that this is a call to do something about the Activision Blizzard Board of Directors.
    Clearly, you are missing the fact that this is nothing more than an extremist group trying top push a Sociailst agenda and should not be taken seriously. The specific demand of hiring of a woman and the use of the word "equity" is a dead giveaway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Again. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it is not happening. Just like with auto factory floor workers where you assumed they have a diversity problem when they really don't. These things do come up but are rarely national level news. So if you are local to the auto industry you do hear about programs, or problems, about diversity. There is always talk about it around the Big 3 automakers and getting more diversity.

So this just seems like a bias on your part because you don't normally surround yourself with news from all of the work force and are just more aware of Tech Industry. Which is fine as long as you don't try to push a false narrative based on that lack of information.
    You probably didn't see my later point that I was being tongue in cheek. I literally just pulled three physical occupations out of my head that you don't generally hear the same levels of demands for accommodations in as you do the tech and business space.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    this is great, giving Kotick the finger and pissing off all the toxic crybabies in the process, win win.
    Except this group is the toxic crybabies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    You probably didn't see my later point that I was being tongue in cheek. I literally just pulled three physical occupations out of my head that you don't generally hear the same levels of demands for accommodations in as you do the tech and business space.
    Because you personally don't hear news doesn't mean it wasn't actually talked about to the same levels. Lol. Some industries have already tackled their issues so it doesn't need as much focus as places that could still have a greater problem.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-08-11 at 03:57 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Clearly you, as most everyone else, is missing the fact that this is a call to do something about the Activision Blizzard Board of Directors.
    How about, instead, they call to hire someone with reputation or history of dealing with this kind of stuff, regardless of gender?

If they named a specific person then I wouldn't mind. But they are calling broadly for a woman. What, all men are chauvinist pigs and "bros" and cannot be trusted to deal with it correctly?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Get the political BS out of here. Bobby doesn't hire anyone based on ideology.
    Much as I hate to be on Bobby's side on anything, ever.

He and his kind are probably less discriminatory than a good portion of the Twitter Knights would be in the same position. x)

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Except this group is the toxic crybabies.
    you're going to have to expand on that.

I see that they use the term "woman"...pretty bigoted if you ask me. Why can't someone who identifies as a cactus be a director?

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    progressive/activist types will not allow you to have a "different opinion" you will be accused of sexism or being toxic and so on

have you noticed how ugly all the female characters in shadowlands are
    i guess not 1 dev in the whole company thought there should of been nice looking characters added
    All Shadowland characters have this creepy uncanny look to them, it's all weird and off-putting. The only characters that don't make me revulse are the brokers who don't have a face, and those furbies.

Yes the environments are beautiful but it's clear some senior character designers that used to make WoW the way it looks have left the premises.

5+ Year Old Account
    and reserving at least one board seat for a nominee selected by current employees as their representative.
    is this early Christmas wish list?
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-08-11 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    imagine actually believing corporate boards are meritocracies HAHAHAHAHAHA. wow.
    I'm saying they should be. Not that they are. "Equity" is death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    extremely against hiring based on sex/gender/culture/religion/race.

meritocracy is the only functional way.
    Was waiting until some SJW was going immediately label you racist/sexist/somethingist. Didn't have to wait long, was in next post.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Do you have any counter argument except "nu-uh"?
    The happiest countries in the world have the least diverse population, some of the highest living standards and often are at the forefront of science and innovation and as a cherry on top are almost always the safest places for women.

How about that.
    "“I gave you the chance of aiding me willingly, but you have elected the way of pain."

What the heck they mean by "Shareholder"?

If I have 100 shares of Blizzard, do I get the right to make such emails and send them over to MMO-Champ?

Tencent has around 5% shares of Blizzard, so do they get to make their own demands too?

This is ridiculous.

uh oh. the shareholders are angry. bobby is probably cowering after being called out by name! shareholders don't like losing money and bobby done lost them enough money to write a letter.