Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been thinking and wondering this lately:

Is there any link between the Job stones and the Convocation stones?
    It seems strangely coincidental that they are so similar (stones of varying colour, each with a symbol on them (constellations on the Convocation, job icons on the Job). Is it just a fun refernce, because the Convocation positions are techincally "jobs"?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Elder Lahabrea looking good.

Finally, a brand new party member.

Looks great. I never get tired of the music from FF4!

Also looks like they confirmed Scarmiglione as the new trial boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I've been thinking and wondering this lately:

Is there any link between the Job stones and the Convocation stones?
    It seems strangely coincidental that they are so similar (stones of varying colour, each with a symbol on them (constellations on the Convocation, job icons on the Job). Is it just a fun refernce, because the Convocation positions are techincally "jobs"?
    Well, far as I know, job stones impart knowledge, as do the constellation crystals. So the job crystals may have been born from that idea in the past.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love how SE can take old models, and change them in such a way that the mount looks way better than just a simple reskin of another mount.

Data mined stuff, but the savage mount is AMAZING.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I love how SE can take old models, and change them in such a way that the mount looks way better than just a simple reskin of another mount.

Data mined stuff, but the savage mount is AMAZING.
    The transform feature is cool.

- - - Updated - - -

servers are up

- - - Updated - - -

Did MSQ up to trial. Need to grind another 9 ilevels to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

MSQ thoughts up to the trial:

Spoiler: 

This is the second time we have had a cutscene showing transportation between shards. The first time, at the start of ShB, it seemed that the other crystals weren't other worlds, but were showing memories of the WoL's past, but that doesn't happen here. When the WoL enters the dark-red crystal (the Void Shard?), it appears that there were several dozen other crystals in the space as well, way more than 14. Where do those other crystals lead to? Other worlds beyond Etheirys? Alternate timelines?

Zero conjures a magic circle to double jump/alter her velocity. Can any Reaper do this? Or is this a technique only Zero knows? If any Reaper could do it, then damn, the Garleans could have created a small Reaper corps and they would have absolutely shredded any opposition, being too fast to hit.

The exterior environments of Troia castle and the terrace were pretty gorgeous.

Really liking being able to actually talk to the Voidsent and see what their society is like. Wish there was more.

So here, people can shape reality by thinking about it? If so, then can our heroes think up an imaginary airship to transport them? Or an aether radar to track where the most powerful/densest beings are, which would either be the archfiends or the dragon?

I also like that Zero has her own self-interests and doesn't immediately join the party to go heroing. Wonder if she will pledge allegiance to Golbez and try to eat Azdaja and become a boss. On the other hand, given FFXIV's writing tendencies she will more than likely survive and just become the lord of the underworld by the end of this storyline.

Again, can't we "think" up an aether radar or something?
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2022-08-24 at 07:58 AM.

I'm never a huge fan of exposition via crystal vision, but alas, here we are again.

Finished my grinding. MSQ ending thoughts:

Spoiler: 

Golbez slew an Ancient Amaurotine. What? Is he somehow a fourth Unsundered? Or was that a post-sundering Ascian he slew, but for some reason wearing an Ancient garb rather than an Ascian garb? The white coloration of the robe suggests that it is Elidibus, the post-sundering Elidibus we saw donned Ascian robes with white coloration, not the basic Ancient Amaurotine robes. Hm...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

Spoiler: 

Golbez slew an Ancient Amaurotine. What? Is he somehow a fourth Unsundered? Or was that a post-sundering Ascian he slew, but for some reason wearing an Ancient garb rather than an Ascian garb? The white coloration of the robe suggests that it is Elidibus, the post-sundering Elidibus we saw donned Ascian robes with white coloration, not the basic Ancient Amaurotine robes. Hm...
    Spoiler: 
    I mean, if you kept up with things you'll remember the 13th was the Ascian's first attempt at rejoining and they failed because they pushed the balance towards dark too quickly and ended up ruining the world rather than rejoining it. They abandoned it, considering it a failure.

Each of the convocation was assigned a shard. If you look at the lighting in the picture it's obviously coming from the left, even Golbez's armor is more lit in the left. So with a sepia filter it's not a stretch to just say it could be a dark robe. But we also know the white robes serve as impartial advisers for the convocation, so it wouldn't be a stretch if more of the convocation had them than just Elidibus. But it's clear that after the world was ruined, Golbez slew the ascian in charge of it and started his crusade.

As for island sanctuary, I like it overall, but I think the use of mammet NPCs is a huge wasted potential. I feel like they could have let us recruit random NPCs in a similar fashion to our squadrons. You know, we're settling on a new island. Starting a manufacturing business on it, and we're using... mammets. Could have been great to recruit Ala Mhigo refugees or doman refugees or just random NPCs, but guess we're working with mammets for this whole thing.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

Its possible the ascians didn't adopt their edgier robes till later. The 13th was pretty early in their schemes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Spoiler: 

Golbez slew an Ancient Amaurotine. What? Is he somehow a fourth Unsundered? Or was that a post-sundering Ascian he slew, but for some reason wearing an Ancient garb rather than an Ascian garb? The white coloration of the robe suggests that it is Elidibus, the post-sundering Elidibus we saw donned Ascian robes with white coloration, not the basic Ancient Amaurotine robes. Hm..
    Spoiler: 
    In order for the 13th to have come into existence, wouldn't the ancient Amaurotines already have been sundered?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Spoiler: 
    In order for the 13th to have come into existence, wouldn't the ancient Amaurotines already have been sundered?
    Spoiler: 

Sure, but did the sundering immediately give Amaurotines instantly a new fashion sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Spoiler: 

Sure, but did the sundering immediately give Amaurotines instantly a new fashion sense?
    Spoiler: 
    Instantly, probably not. But I imagine there was a significant chunk of time before the Amaurotines could recover from the chaos of their end times before they could even begin to put together a plan of the scale like rejoining the other shards and so forth. Plenty of time for their sartorial style to change into something else, I guess.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Spoiler: 

Its possible the ascians didn't adopt their edgier robes till later. The 13th was pretty early in their schemes.
    Spoiler: 
    This. It was the first shard they worked on. It was the result their machinations had on the Thirteenth that led them to revise their plans and formulate a safer way (comical, considering calamities are required) of bringing about a rejoining.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Spoiler: 
    This. It was the first shard they worked on. It was the result their machinations had on the Thirteenth that led them to revise their plans and formulate a safer way (comical, considering calamities are required) of bringing about a rejoining.
    Not so much safer as more reliable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going through the patch MSQ for Shadowbringers, just did the quest where you go into the new section of the Ronkan ruins with Y'shtola and the 3 Viis sisters.
    One thing that the construct in the ruins said stuck out to me:

Huaca: Indeed, the dread serpent turned protector, lured to slumber ere it tear the world asunder.

Is this one of those lines that sounds oddly important to the story but isn't at all; or is it refering to something?
    Zodiark is associated with Ophiuchus in FFXII, but there is a separate constellation near Ophiuchus for the Serpent itself (Serpens I think).

The obvious argument would be that it is referring to Zodiark, if anything at all - he was put to "sleep". But he wasn't threatening to tearing the world to sunder - he was infact holding it together through his Laws - unless it's referring to his constant sacrificial requirements tearing the population apart.
    But what if we look at Zodiark as being Ophiuchus who is bearing the Serpent - was he "bearing" the serpent that we've heard about from the Golden Dhyata? The calamitous events that Zodiark fixed was him putting it to sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Going through the patch MSQ for Shadowbringers, just did the quest where you go into the new section of the Ronkan ruins with Y'shtola and the 3 Viis sisters.
    One thing that the construct in the ruins said stuck out to me:

Huaca: Indeed, the dread serpent turned protector, lured to slumber ere it tear the world asunder.
    It's a nod to the Qiqirn beast tribe questline. It refers to the "Great Serpent of Ronka", but the joke is that it's actually just a tiny critter called Scree, and is obtainable as a minion.

The Great Serpent of Ronka.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a nod to the Qiqirn beast tribe questline. It refers to the "Great Serpent of Ronka", but the joke is that it's actually just a tiny critter called Scree, and is obtainable as a minion.

The Great Serpent of Ronka.
    Terrifying and cute to boot.

Passive aggressive bump! This thread has all your good and bad impressions of the core storyline (and sidequests/raid tie-ins). Plus, no spoiler tags required! Win-win!