What was the first physical fight you ever had?

In the local park with one of my friends , he won.

Never really fought though i spared with my cousin when i was 17 and he was 13. I ended up making his nose bleed so i called off the match.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

I don't remember it but apparently I gave another kid a black eye at nursery school when he tried to take a toy off of me and I hit him with it

7+ Year Old Account
    Never because I'm not a violent person and I avoid crazy folks so I've never been physically attacked or mugged.

6 years old at sort of a kindergarden (finnish thing, doesn't translate to english in a way that makes sense). Bully tried to steal my toy and I wrestled him down and stuffed his mouth full of sand. Was my first day and last day there.

It's hard to remember the first, but I've been in some dangerous scenarios... mostly because where I grew up and who my friends were. This was several decades ago, but the situation in those areas hasn't changed much.

If we're talking serious fights in a 1v1 scenario and not a scuffle, it would have to be where I was attacked with a knife for the first time. Managed to escape unscathed, because most young idiots on the street don't know how to properly use the weapons they carry around, and they telegraph their movements in insanely predictable ways. I managed to avoid gun fights, probably because I was extremely lucky, but also because knife fighting and injuries/deaths are way more common than gun violence (you just don't hear about it or it doesn't get reported). It's also way more gruesome and effective at hurting or killing someone with a knife, and more sadistic people prefer those kinds of methods... it's sick, but true. I've lost friends and have seen others get killed with knives, but I tended to be more level-headed and more cautious than my friends typically were. I was also sort of neutral in my area as I never joined a gang or picked a side, and I tended to stay out of the business of others while maintaining some relationships with people on both sides. The times I did tend to get into trouble were usually with new hotheads who didn't know 'decorum' of the area, so to speak.

If we're talking unarmed fighting, I've had my fair share. It all kind of blends together at this point in my life, but I was typically very slippery when it comes to grappling, and more often than not it's best to get away than try to drag out a fight. Don't get me wrong, I've taken my fair share of punches and kicks, but the best defense is not to be in that situations to begin with; the second best defense is to get the hell out of that situation if you find yourself in it. There is a lot of truth to the concept that taking a hit or getting punched in the face changes how you view things in your life, as it even applies to being in situations where your life is in real danger. A lot of the petty crap you see nowadays just melts away and doesn't matter when there's an actual threat in front of you. It's one of the main reasons why I cannot take people seriously who decry social/political woes where the worst injury you take is getting your feelings hurt, as not only is that stupid, but also you know they would likely fold instantly and change their tune if they actually got into a real fight for their life.

Does have its downsides. I'm long removed from the area in which I grew up, and I live in an insanely safe area now with my wife. However, I still have never come down completely from my early days. I still have to take certain precautions with my security because it was so ingrained in me. I've lost track of how many times my wife has even wondered why the hell I would take certain actions or prepare certain things, as the concept seemed so foreign to her childhood where everyone literally didn't lock their doors in her neighborhood.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2021-08-11 at 01:28 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Out with my friends when I was 13 or so. One of them liked to joke around a lot and some times goes too far. Got into a fight with him. No winner.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fought many times as a little girl since people picked on me a lot for being "different"(my interests were a lot more adult and nerdy than my peers) but this one is the most memorable: Got to the 8th grade of the Norwegian school system which meant a new school. There was this bitch that thought I was easy prey and tried to fuck with me. We ended up going close and personal and I tore her down on the floor not letting go.
    First notice my parents got from the school and last time I was bullied physically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attempting to fight off a sexually motivated attacker.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Attempting to fight off a sexually motivated attacker.
    "Attempting"? Did you succeed?