Page 50 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    I think it'd be wise at this point to treat the Taliban as an extension off Chinese Foreign Policy, rather than an entity acting strictly in its own self interest.
    No, that would actually be the opposite of "wise".

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I think it'd be wise at this point to treat the Taliban as an extension off Chinese Foreign Policy, rather than an entity acting strictly in its own self interest.
    Nah, that would be incredibly dumb and pointless.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    No, that would actually be the opposite of "wise".
    Seeing as I'm not a Communist China sympathizer, it's natural that our opinions may diverge on this matter. But given Afghanistan's proximity to China, Afghanistan's significance in China's Belt & Road Initiative, China's interest in cutting down on religious extremism on its Western Front, and the "Big Elephant in the Room", wanting to replace the US as the lead hegemon, I'd say they definitely have a heavy hand in the matter.
    Last edited by BronzeCondor; 2021-08-24 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell would we ever entertain a ridiculous conspiracy theory that's far more complex than the simple reality?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You made me chuckle. Some nice copium there.

Reality is you and plenty other bleeding hearts know full well what will happen next day to the populace there, but hey lets put the concerned "occupying foreign nation" face to try and salvage whatever is left of our fake pretenses about human rights and what not.

Morals and ideals only seem to be in effect when it suits, as I said. Population supports it not out of concern for the "occupied" nation, but because they foot the bill and bury their dead soldiers who died for hell knows what thousands miles away for 2 decades now.
    It’s not America or it’s ally’s fault that the Afghan President was a coward and ran, and thus caused the collapse of the government and surrender of their military, which outnumbered the Taliban 4:1, and had better equipment, which they inevitably surrendered to the Taliban. That’s the reason this whole evacuation is a shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why the hell would we ever entertain a ridiculous conspiracy theory that's far more complex than the simple reality?
    It's not complex, it's actually pretty simple if you understand how superpowers engage with one another. There's a wealth of literature out there by former CIA operatives & US Policy advisors that detail the back and forth that occurred between the USSR & US, what drove policy in certain regions of the world, initiatives they ran at local and national levels in support of those policies. It can get really dirty.

To think China has their hands clean in any of this, as they see this as the window of their ascension, would be denying the reality of the situation.

China is the biggest threat to the entire world right now. This is simply part of the Chess Game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as I'm not a Communist China sympathizer, it's natural that our opinions may diverge on this matter.
    Seeing as how I use actual facts and reason to inform my position, then yes, it's natural that our opinions may diverge on this matter.

But given Afghanistan's proximity to China, Afghanistan's significance in China's Belt & Road Initiative, China's interest in cutting down on religious extremism on its Western Front, and the "Big Elephant in the Room", wanting to replace the US as the lead hegemon, I'd say they definitely have a heavy hand in the matter.
    That's sure sounds like a far-reaching assumption. And you know what they say about assumptions. If you want to be taken seriously (which I rather doubt, considering your post history), you'll actually come up with some evidence aside from a "this would sound nice in the plot of a Robert Ludlum novel" theory before rambling on as if it were true.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    China is the biggest threat to the entire world right now. This is simply part of the Chess Game.

Only if you're paranoid and war crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Because they are just looking for an excuse to be racist against the Chinese.

10+ Year Old Account
    China is the biggest threat to the entire world right now.
    This is a bold claim, but really, it just sounds like you have some issues.

Why are you so afraid?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    I see no reason to entertain these embarrassing attempts to derail the thread.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I see no reason to entertain these embarrassing attempts to derail the thread.
    Someone disagreeing with what someone has to say? Quick, better cry about it being thread derailment.

This is from the Department of National Intelligence, dated April 9th, 2021.

China is the first major topic, Pages 6-8
    The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) will continue its whole-of-government efforts to spread China’s influence, undercut that of the United States, drive wedges between Washington and its allies and partners, and foster new international norms that favor the authoritarian Chinese system. Chinese leaders probably will, however, seek tactical opportunities to reduce tensions with Washington when such opportunities suit their interests. China will maintain its major innovation and industrial policies because Chinese leaders see this strategy as necessary to reduce dependence on foreign technologies, enable military advances, and sustain economic growth and thus ensure the CCP’s survival.

Beijing sees increasingly competitive US-China relations as part of an epochal geopolitical shift and views Washington’s economic measures against Beijing since 2018 as part of a broader US effort to contain China’s rise.
    Seems this subforum leans in a direction that even contradicts the bi-partisan acknowledgement and sentiment towards the threat China poses.

‘Hedging their bets’: Political experts weigh in on China’s growing relations with the Taliban

For the record, I denounce the Chinese Communist Party. They are a threat, and a terror to the entire world.
    Last edited by BronzeCondor; 2021-08-24 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone disagreeing with what someone has to say? Quick, better cry about it being thread derailment.

China is the first major topic, Pages 6-8

Seems this subforum leans in a direction that even contradicts the bi-partisan acknowledge and sentiment towards the threat China poses.

The US does not like its biggest rival, what a surprise.

10+ Year Old Account

Literally nothing in there talks about Afghanistan, which means that the connection you're taking for granted is pure speculation.

It also means that it's a derailment of this thread.

Seems this subforum leans in a direction that even contradicts the bi-partisan acknowledge and sentiment towards the threat China poses.
    No, this forum is just against xenophobic sealioning masquerading as "concern".

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I mean even if this was true, what difference does it make? I guess other than this being yet another foot note in Red Scare 3.0: the china situation.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Literally nothing in there talks about Afghanistan, which means that the connection you're taking for granted is pure speculation.

It also means that it's a derailment of this thread.

No, this forum is just against xenophobic sealioning masquerading as "concern".
    It's not thread derailment, you simply don't posses the knowledge of what China executes on to achieve their objectives.

This is part of geo-political chess, it's an easy move to exploit.

dude if China is like, the predator in this situation I'm sorry to tell you but the US are the Xenomorphs. this is how everyone outside the US see's you.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    dude if China is like, the predator in this situation I'm sorry to tell you but the US are the Xenomorphs. this is how everyone outside the US see's you.
    China is more like Yogg-Saron and the US is Brann Bronzebeard.

yeah I'm sure the Afghanis feel that way about the US, fucking lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many nations has China used drone strikes on in the last decade?

- - - Updated - - -

It's not thread derailment, you simply don't posses the knowledge of what China executes on to achieve their objectives.

This is part of geo-political chess, it's an easy move to exploit.
    Neither do you, clearly.

I love this, it's been stewing for a while now but I'm glad we are officially over the Muslim problem and going right back to the classics of fearing for our lives from those dirty communists. except this time we are basically fused at the hip to them thanks to global capitalism so all of this flailing around and screaming is never, EVER going to change the dynamic between the US and China.