Page 62 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    It's funny. I live in an area that gets plenty of snow. It doesn't stop shit. Those who live in snow have no issues getting around in snow. So go ahead with the apples.
    Fucking lol?

You compare where you live to fucking Afghanistan and its "roads" and "infrastructure"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Fucking lol?

You compare where you live to fucking Afghanistan and its "roads" and "infrastructure"?
    So if it stayed at May 1, Taliban wouldn't have been in Kabul and the Afghani government would of ensured safety of 100,000 US citizens and military aides?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking lol?

Half the roads where I live are dirt and don't get plowed. And no I'm not really comparing the area. The point is when you grow up dealing with something it doesn't hinder you like it does someone that didn't grow up there.

In other words I don't believe the snow hinders them as much as you make it out to.

This can be proven by simply looking at what happens when it snows an inch or 2 in an area like Georgia. Meanwhile Michigan can get a foot and not bat an eye.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    So if it stayed at May 1, Taliban wouldn't have been in Kabul and the Afghani government would of ensured safety of 100,000 US citizens and military aides?
    I don't know I'm not a prophet, but it would surely be better than Taliban and the chaos they brought.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why did the Trump administration do everything they could to not allow Afghani refugees in?
    Why did the Trump administration neuter the Afghan government by not allowing them in the peace talks?
    As per usually more disingenuous trite from little texas. I'm sure he's going to show us all his posts calling out trump when every service member was killed, or when trump said fuck you to Syrians and left them to be slaughtered by a genocidal president.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Not seeing how this means they wouldn't have done the same thing no matter what date we left.
    Yeah pretty much. Any argument about the weather is pretty much null. Afghanistan is mostly desert. The only place that snow really sticks is high up in the Hindu Kush Mountains, and I doubt all the ISIS-K members are up there. They're probably all over Afghanistan, just like the Taliban.

I don't know I'm not a prophet, but it would surely be better than Taliban and the chaos they brought.
    Right. There was always the possibility of there to be attacks from ISIS or the Taliban. If this happens on May 1 everyone would have said he should have stayed longer to plan better. Hate to be this guy, but these people joined the military knowing full well they could die, especially when were were in a war.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm skeptical of that position. Large military and commercial aircraft departing Kabul full of Americans always will be a target. My guess is the reasoning for the revising of the evacuation date was probably war-gaming by the pentagon to ensure minimization of US contractor/citizen losses while these planes are departing. I guess they didn't realize how the majority procrastinated until four weeks before the exchange date.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    I like the GOP listing all the equipment the Afghan Army handed to the Taliban in their retreat, and now acting like it's the responsibility of Biden to get it all back. Can't have it both ways, the Afghan army was armed and built-up over 20 years by both parties. It's kind of intentional ignorance to feign they don't understand that and pretend *the US* handed the weapons to the Taliban. It's an important detail they leave out that these were Afghan weapons *they* gave to the Taliban, not ours. The Taliban aren't going to simply hand them back, it would be a bloodbath now to try to get them back.

As for the Afghan people, their military stabbed their own people in the back. There was just a recent story where the Afghan Army was so quick to retreat that they left 2 wounded Afghan soldiers and a wounded well-known Indian journalist behind, who were tortured, killed, and mutilated by the Taliban. There are also stories of Afghans eager to get out who barely had anything to do with the US. Translators, high at-risk people that worked closely with the US I can see the need to get out. But the Taliban isn't going to murder the family of everyone who ever waved hi to a US soldier. We also aren't going to be able to extract the entire Afghan army and air force. And the cowards that ran handing their weapons to the Taliban and leaving their wounded behind to be slaughtered made some choices that their country will bear the responsibility of for a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    I'm skeptical of that position. Large military and commercial aircraft departing Kabul full of Americans always will be a target. My guess is the reasoning for the revising of the evacuation date was probably war-gaming by the pentagon to ensure minimization of US contractor/citizen losses while these planes are departing. I guess they didn't realize how the majority procrastinated until four weeks before the exchange date.
    I think US military establishment did not realize great many things and I also think it's not Biden's or Trump's problem either. I think after this all is done some people there should put their keys on the table.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Hate to be this guy, but these people joined the military knowing full well they could die, especially when were were in a war.
    Then don't be this guy. I think it's incredibly shitty take no matter what your affiliation is.

You do know that ISIS has been all over Afghanistan before Biden became president and they are not part of ISIS right? You do know that Afghani military personnel were leaving the military in droves to join the Taliban after Trump shut the government they swore to protect right?

The only way this wasn't going to happen is if the US had gotten everyone out at once over night which was not going to happen. Should they have een moving civilians and NGOs out well before the the date set as well as any Afghani's who wanted out? Yup, but that would have been a signal, just like the initial withdrawal, that we were leaving. So it wouldn't have mastered, the fact that after a couple weeks this is the only incident is remarkable, sad, but remarkable. In the end, Biden ended this thing. Which is something the right said he wouldn't do, and that's why conservaturds are pissed. Because they sure has hell don't give a flying fuck about military deaths when there guy is in office. The only one that seemed to care was Skroe, but like all righties, he was fraud as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I think US military establishment did not realize great many things and I also think it's not Biden's or Trump's problem either. I think after this all is done some people there should put their keys on the table.

- - - Updated - - -

Then don't be this guy. I think it's incredibly shitty take no matter what your affiliation is.
    It's true no matter your feels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    I like the GOP listing all the equipment the Afghan Army handed to the Taliban in their retreat, and now acting like it's the responsibility of Biden to get it all back. Can't have it both ways, the Afghan army was armed and built-up over 20 years by both parties. It's kind of intentional ignorance to feign they don't understand that and pretend *the US* handed the weapons to the Taliban. It's an important detail they leave out that these were Afghan weapons *they* gave to the Taliban, not ours. The Taliban aren't going to simply hand them back, it would be a bloodbath now to try to get them back.

As for the Afghan people, their military stabbed their own people in the back. There was just a recent story where the Afghan Army was so quick to retreat that they left 2 wounded Afghan soldiers and a wounded well-known Indian journalist behind, who were tortured, killed, and mutilated by the Taliban. There are also stories of Afghans eager to get out who barely had anything to do with the US. Translators, high at-risk people that worked closely with the US I can see the need to get out. But the Taliban isn't going to murder the family of everyone who ever waved hi to a US soldier. We also aren't going to be able to extract the entire Afghan army and air force. And the cowards that ran handing their weapons to the Taliban and leaving their wounded behind to be slaughtered made some choices that their country will bear the responsibility of for a very long time.
    I don't think it's beyond reasonable to damage or destroy remaining equipment on retreat. I totally don't think that Taliban getting all them stockpiles of weapons, Humvees and even Helicopters should have happened.

Now, as some general noted, luckily US equipment constantly breaking down is a blessing in this case, but seeing pics of Taliban bois in humvees with US-made weapons is still vexing.

But it's again not Biden's problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    You do know that ISIS has been all over Afghanistan before Biden became president and they are not part of ISIS right? You do know that Afghani military personnel were leaving the military in droves to join the Taliban after Trump shut the government they swore to protect right?

The only way this wasn't going to happen is if the US had gotten everyone out at once over night which was not going to happen. Should they have een moving civilians and NGOs out well before the the date set as well as any Afghani's who wanted out? Yup, but that would have been a signal, just like the initial withdrawal, that we were leaving. So it wouldn't have mastered, the fact that after a couple weeks this is the only incident is remarkable, sad, but remarkable. In the end, Biden ended this thing. Which is something the right said he wouldn't do, and that's why conservaturds are pissed. Because they sure has hell don't give a flying fuck about military deaths when there guy is in office. The only one that seemed to care was Skroe, but like all righties, he was fraud as well.
    I'm finding this "whelp it would have happened anyway" justification a bit on a weak side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not my thought but the current situation is like your landlord evicted you and moved their next tenant in before you could even move out. The new tenants ex-girlfriend shows up causing problems. Now you can't even back your care out the drive way because you're in the middle of their bullshit.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...8ae_story.html

Fucking lol, they were all over making life hell spring 2020, what makes 2021 different?
    It fits his narrative.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Sucks, but thats the dangers of deciding to go along with an invading force. Nobody is forced to join the military.

I don't think it's beyond reasonable to damage or destroy remaining equipment on retreat. I totally don't think that Taliban getting all them stockpiles of weapons, Humvees and even Helicopters should have happened.

Now, as some general noted, luckily US equipment constantly breaking down is a blessing in this case, but seeing pics of Taliban bois in humvees with US-made weapons is still vexing.

But it's again not Biden's problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm finding this "whelp it would have happened anyway" justification a bit on a weak side.
    Of course you do, but it was going to happen anyway if you fucking paid any attention. But like Orange Joe said, it wouldn't fit your narrative.

I do love seeing conservatives freak out at absolutely, totally, 100% normal things as if they're OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I do love seeing conservatives freak out at absolutely, totally, 100% normal things as if they're OUTRAGEOUS!!!!
    I don't recall them being softball questions, either.

It's also funny that Fox News is trying to take Biden to task in the same paragraph for 1) having a script, and then 2) going off-script.

Like... huh?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I don't recall them being softball questions, either.
    It wouldn't matter. Having a list of planned media to call on - something that the media are unaware of - is 100% standard fair for press conferences in general. You prep the person behind the podium for the event, you prep them for the media they'll face, you give them a list of media to ask questions to because the whole point is that you want as much control over the event as possible. Media want control too, so that's the battle. You call on them, they ask hard questions anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    It's also funny that Fox News is trying to take Biden to task in the same paragraph for 1) having a script, and then 2) going off-script.
    And CALLING ON THEM AND OTHER CONSERVATIVE MEDIA HOW DARE HE!

Seriously, if he sticks to the script he's awful. If he breaks from the script he's awful. If he doesn't call on conservative media he's hiding something. If he calls on conservative media he's still hiding something.

If there were media Olympics, conservative media would win the gold, silver, and bronze for mental gymnastics every time. But this is pretty much all they have left, so don't take it away from them : (

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Seriously, if he sticks to the script he's awful. If he breaks from the script he's awful. If he doesn't call on conservative media he's hiding something. If he calls on conservative media he's still hiding something.
    Biden presses Fox's Doocey about Trump-Taliban deal

Doocey noted that no service members had been killed in combat in Afghanistan since 2020, prompting Biden to respond by saying that only happened because of the agreement made between Trump and the Taliban.

"The former president made a deal with the Taliban that he would get all American forces out of Afghanistan by May 1. In return, the commitment was made, and that was a year before, in return, he was given a commitment that the Taliban would continue to attack others but would not attack any forces. Remember that?" Biden asked Doocey.

Doocey attempted to respond before Biden interjected to say, "I'm asking you a question. Is that accurate, to the best of your knowledge?"