Page 63 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Biden has ordered flags lowered to half-mast for the slain troops. A standard, Presidential move you'd get from anyone from Ford to Chevy Chase playing Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    See that's the thing - it would not be your problem then as pull out would be complete and you'd hopefully would have also evacuated everyone you should have.

Of course Taliban would attack afterwards, but who the heck cares - country's their for the taking.

So yeah, I don't get why the renegotiated date and the answer to that reporter's question was not clear.
    because with Trump's zero preparation for withdraw, may simply wasn't enough time

So apparently there's ISIS suicide bombers in the mix now killing dozens at Kabul Airport with 15 US service men dead...?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I'm saying August whatever or May whatever it would have been the same shitshow. They were just waiting for us to be for sure pulling out to make their move.
    I would agree I think the second the pull out started looking real and evacuations started the wheels were going to come flying off as they did. Given how fast the govt folded this was always going to be the outcome. I think pretty much no matter when it started it was always going to dissolve way faster than we could evac. The fact we have gotten out over 100k people after the damn city fell is amazing to me.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    So apparently there's ISIS suicide bombers in the mix now killing dozens at Kabul Airport with 15 US service men dead...?
    I will straight up say it, in my guts I suspect this is a false flag from the same goons and death merchants currently proffering up wall to wall bitching about Biden ending the 300 million a day money river that was Afghanistan. There are a lot of powerful interests who never want that war to end and will do literally anything to stay.

I will also say I hope the Secret Service is loyal, because this is the kind of shit that gets you Kennedy'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I will straight up say it, in my guts I suspect this is a false flag from the same goons and death merchants currently proffering up wall to wall bitching about Biden ending the 300 million a day money river that was Afghanistan. There are a lot of powerful interests who never want that war to end and will do literally anything to stay.

I will also say I hope the Secret Service is loyal, because this is the kind of shit that gets you Kennedy'd.
    Just off the deep end now.

I checked sites that would push these kinds of narratives, and basically crickets. It's been noted that before the attacks "Damn Taliban is using the security gates to obstruct the evacuation.", while now it's "Damn Taliban is not screening people enough." The Taliban are the biggest losers from these attacks by far, and if we DO leave then this will be an ongoing problem for them.

The Taliban and US seem to agree that ISIS is the perpetrator. If we leave, this won't be our problem in 6 days.

I think that the people that profit from never ending war got a pretty good deal out of this even though this war might be over soon. The press has been relentlessly harsh on President Biden, and he certainly looks isolated as he pushes forward with the evacuation and insists on meeting the Aug 31 deadline. This explains why Bush, Obama, and Trump would not get us out earlier.

On getting us out of Afghanistan - this is one of the few issues I am 100% behind Trump and President Biden. Trump did his best, and he set up the conditions for President Biden to get us out. I participated in the who's to blame - Trump or President Biden - debates because that is what our country's political debate has devolved into.

There are many many people in the US that are absolutely GIDDY about the chaos of the evacuation, especially the bombings of today. But I doubt the bombings were false flag. The troops coming out of Afghanistan can be redeployed elsewhere.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Yeah, kinda weird to think they can turn back now..

What a braindead administration, can they be trusted with anything?

Kamala harris is in Vietnam (fitting!) trying to get their support against China. The worst thing you could do is insult the Vietnamese nation by shitting all over their Vietnam war memories..and that's exactly what she did. She went to a war memorial to the victims n defenders against US agression, and...instead honored war criminal john maccain at the site (who was on a mission to bomb civilian infrastructure when he was shot down).

That would be like germany going to a ww2 memorial n instead honoring Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

Kamala harris is in Vietnam (fitting!) trying to get their support against China. The worst thing you could do is insult the Vietnamese nation by shitting all over their Vietnam war memories..and that's exactly what she did. She went to a war memorial to the victims n defenders against US agression, and...instead honored war criminal john maccain at the site (who was on a mission to bomb civilian infrastructure when he was shot down).

speaking of "off the deep end" this is a crazier take then typical OANN or Newsmax anti biden rhetoric

5+ Year Old Account

Nope, they r leaving n while this looks bad, leaving afghanistan with so much weaponry in taliban hands is intentional as that leaves a force to antagonize 3 of america's designated enemies, Iran, Russia n China.

Deny China the mineral riches, while China has hopes, I wouldn't bet on them...recently lots of Chinese workers were killed in a terrorist attack in pakistan, region is too volatile...

Possible war with Iran due to Shia minority in northern afghanistan n taliban's hobby for genocide..Iran almost went to war with the taliban prior to 9/11 due to taliban taking Iranian hostages..

Russia has been flooded with taliban opium for decades n don't want taliban expansion in former Soviet states it has a military alliance with. Russia doesn't want to spend (waste) money on fighting cave extremist assholes..which is why they were ok with usa being there for years.
    Russia before taliban recently took kabul had a large military exercise with allies on afghanistan's border (that taliban now control)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    speaking of "off the deep end" this is a crazier take then typical OANN or Newsmax anti biden rhetoric
    You are one of those "maccain was missunderstood!!"
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-08-27 at 07:22 AM.

This is an absurd conspiracy theory that is despicable, and utterly baseless.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Now? She's been off the deep end for years.

This thread has a lot of people that should be 4 or 5 star general's. They saw it all coming the day after it happened.

A lot of the Trumpiban still seem rather salty that McCain got off his deathbed to defy the Groppenfuhrer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    I agree. Fucking crazy shit...

The monument was built years after McCain was shot down over Trúc Bạch Lake in what was then North Vietnam and taken as a prisoner of war. McCain visited the monument multiple times during his roughly 25 visits to Vietnam after the war, the White House said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    This thread has a lot of people that should be 4 or 5 star general's. They saw it all coming the day after it happened.
    It was already reported that this was very likely to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    A lot of the Trumpiban still seem rather salty that McCain got off his deathbed to defy the Groppenfuhrer.
    A man who himself was no better than Trump, always loved far right infighting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

This is not shitting over Vietnam, its fucking hilarious that Americans keep on going back to a monument that was erected to honour those who shot down McCain[thus saving many lives] to honour McCain.

Plenty of us saw the collapse of the Afghan military coming. Anyone who had any sense at all knew they would fold without conflict, because all they really care about, is "comfort." The United States was their meal ticket, and as soon as they saw the meal ticket was drying up, they would fall in line with the cash-rich Taliban.

The Intelligence Community saw the bombings coming, as they had put out clear warnings about imminent threats to personnel and civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Plenty of us saw the collapse of the Afghan military coming. Anyone who had any sense at all knew they would fold without conflict, because all they really care about, is "comfort." The United States was their meal ticket, and as soon as they saw the meal ticket was drying up, they would fall in line with the cash-rich Taliban.

The Intelligence Community saw the bombings coming, as they had put out clear warnings about imminent threats to personnel and civilians.
    Don't discount the fact that America's official policy was to set up the Afghan military with the understanding there would always be American air support which is kind of a big fucking problem if you were ever going to pull out... but America never really wanted to pull out...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the gist of it is that people who should have seen this coming as part of their well-paid job that grants them many honors and privileges - dropped the ball there.

There were some very serious fuckups here and it has nothing to do with hindsight posting. No, nobody posting here would be X star general, but that is no excuse for a string of blunders that happened in this situation.

You don't need to be 4-5 star general to criticize this.