Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Also moding and cheating i guess, but who gives a shit what people do locally?
    They probably care if you take your 'dubiously acquired' gear back to B.net servers. Still don't think disabling TCP/IP is the best choice, but I guarantee you it was the most expedient and cheapest choice. Not that we've seen Blizz do that before...
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Shinagami091 View Post
    Which leads me to believe they’re doing this to combat item duping. Wonder if they’re making it so items are generated from the server side instead of the client.
    which can´t be done with any character-editor because your singleplayer-characters are saved on your pc.....
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonf View Post
    Dear diary,
    This is Day 85 of farming primals for tailoring set. I can’t seem to understand how everyone around me magically has an epic flyer and I’m stuck here on my 60% flying mount losing all these tags. I checked the AH today to see if they have gone down from their 400g price per primal might but they still haven’t seem to budge. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow before I break down and buy gold off of a website that sells 10k gold for $30.

BIG OOF...
    I could say so much good things about beta... but sadly looks like cutting features begins...
    Another two steps further from buying this remaster...

Could you even pre-purchase this thing? I feel sorry for the people who did if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    I guess it's nice of them to be upfront about removing features before releasing their product, instead of going the WC3 reforged route.
    "Silently" doesn't seem too "upfront" imo

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    They probably care if you take your 'dubiously acquired' gear back to B.net servers. Still don't think disabling TCP/IP is the best choice, but I guarantee you it was the most expedient and cheapest choice. Not that we've seen Blizz do that before...
    Now my comment only extended to local play. For bnet i hope they have checks for character stats and item info for values outside what the game generates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    you can't play on the battle.net servers with your local character that's used for tcp/ip... you have separate character for single player and tcp/ip and for battle.net... one is saved on battle.net servers and one is saved on your computer...
    you can, thats what open bnet is for
    Dear diary,
    This is Day 85 of farming primals for tailoring set. I can’t seem to understand how everyone around me magically has an epic flyer and I’m stuck here on my 60% flying mount losing all these tags. I checked the AH today to see if they have gone down from their 400g price per primal might but they still haven’t seem to budge. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow before I break down and buy gold off of a website that sells 10k gold for $30.

I guess it's nice of them to be upfront about removing features before releasing their product, instead of going the WC3 reforged route.
    Well, given that they already sold them as preorders... how honest it is will depend on how "generous" their return policy is.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

they can't play with battle.net characters...
    you can play on bnet-servers with your singleplayer/tcp-ip, but only on open bnet, which STILL IS bnet
    Dear diary,

I mean, I kind of assumed Blizzard had some extreme woke people working there being a tech company in California.

But holy crap, I had no idea how much of an epidemic it was there until these recent allegations.

Makes more and more sense why they’ve been getting increasingly worse for so long.

Woke people slowly taking over, complacent and arrogant devs, and Activision pushing dirty business practices = dead Blizzard.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-08-12 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I mean, I kind of assumed Blizzard had some extreme woke people working there being a tech company in California.

But holy crap, I had no idea how much of an epidemic it was there until these recent allegations.

Makes more and more sense why they’ve been getting increasingly worse for so long.

Woke people slowly taking over, complacent and arrogant devs, and Activision pushing dirty business practices = dead Blizzard.
    Agreed although i dont know the extent of the harassment. Can range from flirateous behavior and slapping butt to actual sexual harassment of grabbing butt, blackmailing females, keeping up with sexual innuendo even if said female tells person to stop it.. All death sentences depending on who does it in this political climate. Dont even have to prove anything, man allegedly did it, man did it.

Side note: we have 2 genders and effective now people lets females dictate whats right and wrong, but you know, thats only their side of the coin. People are god damned cucks

Side note 2: females have always been confused about what they want, this is nothing new. Being a man today is nigh impossible. You're either too kind and boring in the long run or you're a traditional man and gets girls, but cussed out for being toxic and crap at the same time. Look at these woke hipsters, they wont have a lasting relationship to save their lives (the single ones) and the woke females will rather stay hateful and single than taking them. Is that itself not a toxic demand and behavior?

What needs to come first is acceptance over being diffeeent, but tot taking all kinds of shit of course. Sexual harassment is obviously not alright at all. This forced culture takeover and hate for men and their ways of living and thinking needs to stop. And men needs to stop taking it

That was a lot more than i planned
    Last edited by Stormwolf64; 2021-08-12 at 07:19 AM.

lol... i've had the ports open for hosting a minecraft server for years without anything happening... it's not as simple as having port open and they can do harm...
    I'm sure you crossed the street without looking at both sides before, does it make it safe?

do you even read the context of replies? they can't bring anything from tcp/ip or single player to the battle.net characters... they are entirely separated from each other... the point about duped or cheated items from local characters doesn't apply to battle.net... they can't be played there...

and the piracy angle is just stupid as well... there will be private servers you can connect to just like in d2...

the removal of tcp/ip serves no purpose other than to spite people...

you're being intentionally obtuse...
    yeah well, then be very exactly on what you want to point out. i already quoted someone who said this was about stopping duping items, which is completely nonsense, because these two things have no connection.

totally agree that the removal is just to f*** people up, but thats ACTIVISION blizzards great policy: ruin everything that was build up for decades
    Dear diary,

You mean one month before release when most people already pre ordered the game? No, it's not nice.

It's a standard scum bag move from a gaming company. Do you actually think they just realized that it's not safe for their costumers? How incompetent do they have to be?

do you even read the context of replies? they can't bring anything from tcp/ip or single player to the battle.net characters... they are entirely separated from each other... the point about duped or cheated items from local characters doesn't apply to battle.net... they can't be played there...

and the piracy angle is just stupid as well... there will be private servers you can connect to just like in d2...

the removal of tcp/ip serves no purpose other than to spite people...

you're being intentionally obtuse...
    I'm pretty sure the real reason Blizzard wants to force you to play the game through battle.net is to keep their MAU number as high as possible. If you play the game offline or through a TCP/IP, you're not pinging their servers and thus aren't being registered as a monthly active user.

So I don't believe the goal is to spite people, but rather to try to make their quarterly reports look better in order to please shareholders because as should be abundantly clear to everyone by now, this is Blizzard's primary goal when they make games now.

If they wanted to make this workable for everyone and keep the original feel to the game, there would have been an option to "play via TCP/IP" or "play via Battle.net".

Crystal clear that they want to tie this to Battle.net as tightly as possible, the only security issue here is their insecurity.

As I understand it (and please feel free to correct me, but in a polite way), this TCP/IP setting/function allowed two (or more) PCs to connect directly to each other. So by removing that functionality, you'd now have to rely on the Blizzard servers, correct? As many of us around the world know, they can be temperamental at the most inappropriate of times.

And this was to be a promised feature that they retracted? Sounds scummy. Much like how they destroyed the original WC3 with their Reforged abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    As I understand it (and please feel free to correct me, but in a polite way), this TCP/IP setting/function allowed two (or more) PCs to connect directly to each other. So by removing that functionality, you'd now have to rely on the Blizzard servers, correct? As many of us around the world know, they can be temperamental at the most inappropriate of times.

And this was to be a promised feature that they retracted? Sounds scummy. Much like how they destroyed the original WC3 with their Reforged abomination.
    yes, yes and yes. the age of blizzard seems completely over
    Dear diary,

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Damn, those new Diablo II cinematics are looking incredible, if only warfraft 3 reforged had gotten such love...
    Exactly what I was thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post

Someone at start of thread pointed right direction - most likely just to push their Mau metric. Cant count people playing offline so gotta force them online for *security* to push the mau and make their quarter reports look better.

I understand that from an objective point of view, it is a missing feature to play offline / local, but in reality no one really needs that in 2021. It's just bitching for the sake of bitching at this point. It's like complaining the game doesnt support 640x860 resolution anymore. Come on.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.