Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they are ignoring them

thats why they are playing FF14 atm instead wow because besides hardmodes there is literaly nothing to do in SL.

the only ones left are desperates and mythic tryhards.
    Look, just because you dislike players that do mythic difficulty/m+ over 15 doesn't mean they are your problem. The problem is the lack of content.

If you remove mythic and cap m+ at 15 you won't magically get more content, you simply lose some content and the players that go with it. And this is not expensive content, mythic keeps a mythic player playing for months on average, the same raid on normal will be cleared in a week or two by many players in the "ok" category, and they'll be done with their journey.

I'm not saying that the ok players are doing anything wrong, I'm simply saying you won't magically get the content you want and that casuals need from removing a couple of weeks of tuning from mythic raids.

What is needed is resources, more development time, more art assets, and interesting ideas for playmodes. Imagine for instance if we had a 10 man raid incoming from the PTR now, perhaps wth 7-15 people scaling, no hardmodes, somewhere just below heroic gear with some badges to collect to buy 3 or so 252 pieces from a vendor. I imagine that would be quite popular. Difficulty wise somewhere between just between LFR and normal for the first few easy bosses and between normal and Heroic for the last hard bosses.

Then some class/race content to go with that, race based transmogs and perhaps jewlery and stuff that you can bling yourself out with.

If they had resources everyone could have cool content, the only reason it looks like there is a lot of content for "Hardcores" is because it's so easy to make. (Take the content you made for the wider playerbase, tune health and damage numbers 25% higher, add an extra soak to every mechanic and bam, you are done.

they are ignoring them

thats why they are playing FF14 atm instead wow because besides hardmodes there is literaly nothing to do in SL.

"literally nothing" wtf dude. WoWs formula hasn't changed in many years, there are pretty much the same activities than previous expansions. Plus m+ since Legion. Could you point to what exactly there was so much more to do in the past? Only thing that comes to mind is class questlines and mage tower in Legion.

I play a tank and currently leave 50% of my PUG M+ runs (pretty low, around +6/+7).

In these cases, under-equipped and clueless players want a free carry ride through M+ to get some welfare epixx.
    If we have more than 5 deaths before the second boss, I usually leave. In my experience, dying scales pretty predictably, and by the time I reach the final boss with such a group, we've often accumulated more than 10-15 deaths and have little chance of finishing the dungeon in time.

I don't waste my time with people like that. Besides, I honestly don't think they deserve to be carried.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    No thanks. When I'm trying to get my alts thru a 15 and they repeatedly decline me even though I'm entirely capable of timing any 15... I love nothing more than to find them on my main, queue up, smash the meters and drop group after first boss. ^_^
    Who hurt you?

Also, this is an excellent reason as to why there should be a punishment, not a ban though, that's too harsh. Sometimes you just have to leave. But doing it a lot should end up in some sort of punishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    "literally nothing" wtf dude. WoWs formula hasn't changed in many years, there are pretty much the same activities than previous expansions. Plus m+ since Legion. Could you point to what exactly there was so much more to do in the past? Only thing that comes to mind is class questlines and mage tower in Legion.
    in past years ? people could farm TF for example in easier dififculties.

which is impossible now so they left game to play FF14 which offers them casual content that offer gear progress.

something which wow doesnt atm .

its such a shame that they could fix it instantly by making

VP points completly uncapped

raid gear offering gear upgrades too just like m+ gear does up to certain point ofc.

thing is they odnt care - they sell so many tokens for boosts and leggos that they dont have to care about their players anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by noctim2 View Post
    I play a tank and currently leave 50% of my PUG M+ runs (pretty low, around +6/+7).

In these cases, under-equipped and clueless players want a free carry ride through M+ to get some welfare epixx.
    If we have more than 5 deaths before the second boss, I usually leave. In my experience, dying scales pretty predictably, and by the time I reach the final boss with such a group, we've often accumulated more than 10-15 deaths and have little chance of finishing the dungeon in time.

I don't waste my time with people like that. Besides, I honestly don't think they deserve to be carried.
    my thughts exackly - that the main reason i drop groups which cannot time stuff bsides it being waste of my time

since untimed dungeons reward score now its more of reason to ensure that they dont end this run so failures dont get fake score.

its a huge downside of new system that untimed runs reward points.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-08-18 at 09:55 AM.

well thats becaause intill end of pandaria dungeons were ultra easy .

you see absolutely no problem to find tanks and healers for normal dungeons

maybe its time to rethink the game design and the fact that catering came for people who just do hardmodes is super mistake

maybe its time to intorduce into game "tournament realms" - lets say when you get KSM you get access to tournament realm akin to PTR where you just instnatly buy full 252 gear / full conduits / instant coventant swaps etc and then can push as hard as you can - but m+ are capped at +15 on live.

then "pro" players can have their fun there and "casual scrubs" stay on normal realms .
    I won't say "no" to your argument but for sure the fact that half of raiding tanks had to change from tank to dps/healer as main made the problem even worse. After all most people prefer to play on main spec instead of offspec.

well thats becaause intill end of pandaria dungeons were ultra easy .

you see absolutely no problem to find tanks and healers for normal dungeons

maybe its time to rethink the game design and the fact that catering came for people who just do hardmodes is super mistake

maybe its time to intorduce into game "tournament realms" - lets say when you get KSM you get access to tournament realm akin to PTR where you just instnatly buy full 252 gear / full conduits / instant coventant swaps etc and then can push as hard as you can - but m+ are capped at +15 on live.

then "pro" players can have their fun there and "casual scrubs" stay on normal realms .
    If you think that dungeons harder than a 15 or mythic raiding is a problem - you really don't understand the problem. Not that idea of having tournament realms is bad, but you then should be able to progress your non-tournament realm character by playing on tournament realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    No.

Mmos, especially WoW, are designed around people with tons of time to waste. I’ve played WoW from day 1 of Vanilla and basically solo from Pandaria to 3 months ago, I know perfectly what I’m talking about, sorry.

Whatever the game, if you spend more than half of your time in queue to try doing something, something is wrong and it’s in the game, not in the player.
    I play other games than WoW now and havent been pushing keys this season, still got to 2.2k over few weeks because I do my own keys and I know how to create and lead good group. Sounds like you either need a guild or need to learn how to create a good group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either the key shouldn't drop down one level as a result of a failed key because of a rage quitter, or the rage quitter gets punished. They definitely need one or the other to facilitate less frustrating situations. Unfortunately M+ is just a toxic system because it breeds a lot of shitty attitudes and the fact they don't moderate the game with hired Staff is another issue.

A good example of shitty attitudes is one of the posts on the first page of this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by nachtigal
    No thanks. When I'm trying to get my alts thru a 15 and they repeatedly decline me even though I'm entirely capable of timing any 15... I love nothing more than to find them on my main, queue up, smash the meters and drop group after first boss. ^_^
    That's the kinda player you're dealing with in M+ these days folks, and trust me it doesn't get better.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2021-08-18 at 11:21 AM.

they are ignoring them

News flash - if you have been playing this game for a long time - there is nothing to do there either. Same like WoW. I feel like you just have started. In that case there is a shitton to do because unlike WoW, you can't just "start" from current expansion - you still have to do all MSQ which takes hundreds of hours from 1 to 80 if you read story and get side-tracked on some stuff which is not really relevant. FF really does alts better and old content better (accessibility) but it's not like when you have played if for quite some time, there is not much to do at all.

Also calling WoW players who still play desperates and tryhards is dumb as fuck. Just shows how much you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    News flash - if you have been playing this game for a long time - there is nothing to do there either. Same like WoW. I feel like you just have started. In that case there is a shitton to do because unlike WoW, you can't just "start" from current expansion - you still have to do all MSQ which takes hundreds of hours from 1 to 80 if you read story and get side-tracked on some stuff which is not really relevant. FF really does alts better and old content better (accessibility) but it's not like when you have played if for quite some time, there is not much to do at all.

Also calling WoW players who still play desperates and tryhards is dumb as fuck. Just shows how much you don't understand.
    ye ofc i dont understand anything

thats why there is more wow players in FF14 then in wow

because they also just dont get it why catering game to tryhards is amazing marketing strategy that brings such good resoults.

10+ Year Old Account

because they also just dont get it why catering game to tryhards is amazing marketing strategy that brings such good resoults.
    If you think that making up arguments (more wow players in FF14 than in wow) is helping your case here you're quite mistaken.

Pretty much every single post you've made here is garbage. You make baseless claims that fits your agenda, even though both you and everyone reading your arguments knows its actual bullshit.

Try a bit harder, please.
    Hi

Or maybe players who are not up to hardmodes could, you know, just ignore them? Dungeons got endless scaling difficulty. How hard is it to assess your own skill and stop at the corresponding key level?

WoW has so many different activities. I ignore pvp and pet battles completely.
    They would gladly ignore them if they weren’t the only PvE way to acquire gear besides raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    If you think that dungeons harder than a 15 or mythic raiding is a problem - you really don't understand the problem. Not that idea of having tournament realms is bad, but you then should be able to progress your non-tournament realm character by playing on tournament realm.

- - - Updated - - -

I play other games than WoW now and havent been pushing keys this season, still got to 2.2k over few weeks because I do my own keys and I know how to create and lead good group. Sounds like you either need a guild or need to learn how to create a good group.
    I don’t need anything atm, I stopped doing M+ because I was kinda exhausted of queues and bored doing the same dungeons endlessly.

I know that I can make my own group, thanks, but I won’t because I cannot chose not the dungeon nor the difficulty level, I’m more happy wasting my time in D3 where I can do what I want whenever I want.

They would gladly ignore them if they weren’t the only PvE way to acquire gear besides raids.
    This is a case of having to do the content if you want the rewards attached to it.

Also, you get 233 for doing solo open world content.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    If you think that making up arguments (more wow players in FF14 than in wow) is helping your case here you're quite mistaken.

Pretty much every single post you've made here is garbage. You make baseless claims that fits your agenda, even though both you and everyone reading your arguments knows its actual bullshit.

Try a bit harder, please.
    its not opinions when its facts.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I don't think I've ever run a Mythic+, since I haven't played anything endgame seriously since WoD, but doesn't the Key system work by only a single person having a Key, and using that to "create" the dungeon for their group? If that's the case, an easy solution would be to increase the key drop rate slightly, and then require every person in the group to have the Key. That way it penalizes leavers by using up their key.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not opinions when its facts.
    Then I assume you have some credible sources you can show when it comes to WoW players in FFXIV, for instance?

Hi

Well, he is right. Once you finish the MSQ (which is the best of any FF game hands down), you start to farm the latest dungeon for "current" stones, then you do the raid roulette, then savage (which is easier than wow raiding). You can also do some ultimate and then you are done. FOr the pve part at least. And that is what FF does better than wow, there is tons of shit to do outside raiding if that is your thing. But that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did I say I soloed raids?
    In your own words:

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie
    I’ve played WoW from day 1 of Vanilla and basically solo from Pandaria to 3 months ago, I know perfectly what I’m talking about, sorry.

If there are way more dps than tanks/healers it means that the tank/healer role is not THAT appealing. If it’s not appealing, it’s because the game fails in making it appealing.
    Or it's because the community expects more from tanks/healers than DPS. Tanks for M+ are expected to know routes and techniques that DPS don't have to worry about. Like for instance when was the last time a DPS (non-Hunter) worried about Line of Sight pulls?

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie
    As I said before, again, the issue with “make your own M+” is that you can’t target the dungeon nor the difficulty level. Changing this would surely lift some issues.
    You're given a keystone (if you did one last week) in your GV. And if you can complete it, you get another keystone. Also if you complete someone else's keystone in time and your keystone is lower than the one you just completed, there is broker you can exchange your keystone for another.

Moreover, you can always downgrade your key either the old way (aka abandon a run) or with the new broker that's over near the GV.

It is improving and I'm sure there are probably very good reasons why Blizzard doesn't want to allow players to freely pick any dungeon at any M+ difficulty at any time.

- - - Updated - - -

VP points completly uncapped
    A horrible idea. See AP Maw of Souls grind (or the HoA AP grind).

thing is they odnt care - they sell so many tokens for boosts and leggos that they dont have to care about their players anymore.
    What a bunch of crap. If Blizzard doesn't care anymore why do the devs still fix quests? Think of the critters was just fixed and earlier the other gromit quest was also fixed.

The introduction of M+ score shows that devs are trying to make progress in areas that players do content. If they didn't care, then why even bother making any hotfixes or changes?

since untimed dungeons reward score now its more of reason to ensure that they dont end this run so failures dont get fake score.

its a huge downside of new system that untimed runs reward points.
    So what's the difference between the new system and rewarding score for untimed runs versus oh I don't know... Boosted M+ 10/15 carries to get a "fake" r.io score?

At the very least, players are semi-encourage to stick around for runs that go over time slightly because they can still get decent points from it. Whereas before, once that timer is expired, you have players bailing out immediately.

Also while it's not that helpful (due to the valor cap), the extra bonus Valor for bringing a lower scored person helps tip the favor a small bit towards those trying to legitimately increase their M+ score outside of pre-made groups.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

This is a case of having to do the content if you want the rewards attached to it.

Also, you get 233 for doing solo open world content.
    Yes, but you are assuming people don’t want to do the content. This is only partially the case, people don’t want to do THAT content in particular.

Why do m+ keys have to be timed? Why are groups locked? Eveything doesn't have to be an eSport. Blizzard has created an environment where m+ is hyper competitive especially in higher keys.