New build for wow in 1440p 144Hz

Hi all, I know there are similar threads out here but they were not too close to my problem/situation.

My PC is quite dated at the moment
    CPU: i5 3570k
    RAM: 16GB DDR3 (cant remember the speed)
    GPU: 1070

Lately I bought myself a 32 inch screen with 1440p and 144Hz so I want to use that as much as possible.
    I dont have to get 144FPS in raids but somewhere above 90 would be great. At the moment I get 90 in open world.

The thing is, I can't upgrade the GPU yet. Prices are way to high and I think my CPU is the bottleneck anyway.
    Important factor is that I play only wow. I dont care for future games or other applications.

My current plan:
    AMD 5600X
    MSI Tomahawk with 550 chipset
    3600Mhz DDR4 RAM (32GB)

Will this be an improvement in terms of FPS? Or will my 1070 be the bottleneck anyway?
    My estimation is that I will not get 140FPS because of my GPU but maybe I will get more FPS during raids compared to now.

Btw. I dont care if it is AMD or Intel. Im fine with both. 11400F seems to be good as well but it has low GHz. 10 years ago wow was all about the Ghz. Dont know for now

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting 144+fps most of the time with 2600x and 1060.....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HKA89 View Post
    Hi all, I know there are similar threads out here but they were not too close to my problem/situation.

My PC is quite dated at the moment
    CPU: i5 3570k
    RAM: 16GB DDR3 (cant remember the speed)
    GPU: 1070

Lately I bought myself a 32 inch screen with 1440p and 144Hz so I want to use that as much as possible.
    I dont have to get 144FPS in raids but somewhere above 90 would be great. At the moment I get 90 in open world.

The thing is, I can't upgrade the GPU yet. Prices are way to high and I think my CPU is the bottleneck anyway.
    Important factor is that I play only wow. I dont care for future games or other applications.

My current plan:
    AMD 5600X
    MSI Tomahawk with 550 chipset
    3600Mhz DDR4 RAM (32GB)

Will this be an improvement in terms of FPS? Or will my 1070 be the bottleneck anyway?
    My estimation is that I will not get 140FPS because of my GPU but maybe I will get more FPS during raids compared to now.

Btw. I dont care if it is AMD or Intel. Im fine with both. 11400F seems to be good as well but it has low GHz. 10 years ago wow was all about the Ghz. Dont know for now
    Have you cheked msi afterburner? With the OSD feature you can check if there is a bottleneck. If the CPU is at 100% usage and the GPU is not at 100% then you have a bottleneck. If that isn't the case, then you might have other problem.

As for the upgrade there are better people then me to advice you. I'm sure you won't have any bottleneck with a new system and that GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Have you cheked msi afterburner? With the OSD feature you can check if there is a bottleneck. If the CPU is at 100% usage and the GPU is not at 100% then you have a bottleneck. If that isn't the case, then you might have other problem.

As for the upgrade there are better people then me to advice you. I'm sure you won't have any bottleneck with a new system and that GPU.

Hard to say to be honest.
    Standing in Kortia I get the following:

GPU: 63%
    CPU1: 50%
    CPU2: 47%
    CPU3: 42%
    CPU4: 78%

88FPS

So what is my bottleneck here? I would assume it is the CPU. Maybe wow isnt using all cores evenly and my CPU is trying to balance it.

If your GPU isn't maxed, the CPU is the bottle neck. You'll never see a core on 100% because it jumps all over the place while running.

I'd just stick with the 1070 for now. There will always be a graphics setting you can turn down for a few extra FPS if you need it. Especially since the raid and outdoor settings are different anyway.

I turn water and shadows one down from the max on my 1060. I think a 5600X would still struggle to max out a 1070 on WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HKA89 View Post
    Hard to say to be honest.
    Standing in Kortia I get the following:

GPU: 63%
    CPU1: 50%
    CPU2: 47%
    CPU3: 42%
    CPU4: 78%

88FPS

So what is my bottleneck here? I would assume it is the CPU. Maybe wow isnt using all cores evenly and my CPU is trying to balance it.
    What graphic settings are you using on WoW? Bump the settings to max so that the rig can use all the GPU power.

- - - Updated - - -

Some games are hybrid, like Fortnite, low settings pull the CPU whille max settings pull out the GPU. I am not playing WoW at the moment, so i can't tell if that is the case for WoW.

You should use max settings.