Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    For those who wish to engage in discussion in a non-hostile manner, I am here to exchange thoughts & ideas in order to promote a healthier social atmosphere. We're all adults here, we can engage in conversation without being inflammatory.
    This is horseshit and you know it. You haven't bothered to answer any of the honest replies you've been given or any of the clarifications that were asked on your position.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-08-14 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    This is horseshit and you know it. You haven't bothered to answer any of the honest replies you've been given or any of the clarifications that were asked on your position.
    That's because there was another poster here shitting things up, pretty much in complement to BC's posts, and was removed along with the responses. Andd all of a sudden BC realized the shaky ground he was on. Hence his whiny complaint-thread in the feedback forum.

Is it just me or does anyone else get some real Shalcker vibes from this guys style?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    That's a matter of opinion. Given that I was banned recently, I've taken the liberty of being more cautious with my responses. If you feel offended I didn't address you, or others, then I'm sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    Killed your own argument here.
    With 2 lines.
    They are free to do as they wish is a CORE principle.

So less government overreach! except when a company doesn't like you.
    Companies are people!, except when they don't like you.

You see how hypocritical this is right?

You don't want a discussion because tons of people here aren't hostile towards you.
    This isn't a study.
    Discussion of an observation of suppression of Conservative Expression isn't an attack on a company's right to operate as they see fit, it's merely a discussion of an observation. They are fine to suppress as they see fit, and talking about that trend isn't illegal. It's just a topic of conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something awfully poetic about conservatives having fought tooth and nail to make at-will employment the default and then crying foul when they get terminated at-will for creating a bad image for the company or promoting a hostile work environment.

Same nonsense as when they insist that speech needs to be unrestricted but then don't like an unrestricted tide of backlash on social media. It's almost as if when they say "conservative expression", what they mean is "an environment where conservative values are still dictating the scope and participants of a discussion".
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    There's something awfully poetic about conservatives having fought tooth and nail to make at-will employment the default and then crying foul when they get terminated at-will for creating a bad image for the company or promoting a hostile work environment.

Same nonsense as when they insist that speech needs to be unrestricted but then don't like an unrestricted tide of backlash on social media. It's almost as if when they say "conservative expression", what they mean is "an environment where conservative values are still dictating the scope and participants of a discussion".
    It would be somewhat entertaining if it weren't for the fact that all of the US is paying for this. Well everyone except for the corporations that abuse this. I think that conservatives thought that it would only be liberals that got wrongly terminated.

That's a matter of opinion. Given that I was banned recently, I've taken the liberty of being more cautious with my responses. If you feel offended I didn't address you, or others, then I'm sorry.
    I don't get "offended" by your lack of responses, your inability respond to legitimate questions and replies simply points out that if you actually honestly speak your mind, you'll promptly find yourself wading into right wing extremism.

I believe it's the Far Left that is engaging in this now, a case of the shoe being on the other foot as a backlash against the Religious Conservative Right's push for control during the 90s & early 00s. In the years to come, we'll probably see a switch of stances, and years after that, another reversal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it's the Far Left that is engaging in this now
    And what you believe is wrong since associating corporate HR departments with a fundamentally anticapitalist "far left" is as laughable now as when Jordan Peterson did it before going on his steak-induced mental breakdown. Rofl.

It also ignores the fact that conservative values are inherently exclusionary (i.e. no women or minorities) whereas progressive values are generally only exclusionary insofar as it's necessary to keep the discussion civil. (i.e. no fascists)

What you're seeing is not a leftist takeover of business. What you're seeing is business realising bigotry isn't profitable/a good look - like when business realised women were people too, back in the 1970s.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-08-14 at 07:31 PM.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I think every pro-Trump and rightwing forum or similar twitter is struggling to find an audience...an audience that isn't the few people posting the same thing. But nobody is interested. Especially after Jan 6th...they all died pretty much after that joke.

10+ Year Old Account

its no different with their decades of claiming both "the free hand of the market" and "local control" is best
    both they started yelling when they were in the middle of a near 30 year run of federal control being mostly democrat

the moment that broke and the GOP had federal control, or at least state level, suddenly they needed to be obeyed or you were being "divisive" or "unpatriotic"
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

And what you believe is wrong since associating corporate HR departments with a fundamentally anticapitalist "far left" is as laughable now as when Jordan Peterson did it before going on his steak-induced mental breakdown. Rofl.

It also ignores the fact that conservative values are inherently exclusionary (i.e. no women or minorities) whereas progressive values are generally only exclusionary insofar as it's necessary to keep the discussion civil. (i.e. no fascists)

What you're seeing is not a leftist takeover of business. What you're seeing is business realising bigotry isn't profitable/a good look - like when business realised women were people too, back in the 1970s.
    Specifically regarding Corporate America and how it relates to the OP, the marketing departments help influence how a Corporation's image is presented. If the marketing departments are composed of socially woke/cancel individuals from the far-left, then it's not surprise they are going to cater marketing to a demographic that appeals to them because social image is more important than profits (which is why some companies open themselves up to hits to the bottom line). Corporate America is also operating under a concern of fear that if they don't cater to the woke/cancel culture, that they themselves will be cancelled a result. This influence on Corporate America and how they appear to favor the Left significantly over the Right as time goes on is a reflection of the times we are living in.

Again, just an observation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Specifically regarding Corporate America and how it relates to the OP, the marketing departments help influence how a Corporation's image is presented. If the marketing departments are composed of socially woke/cancel individuals from the far-left
    Which, again, they aren't. You just don't know what "far left" means or looks like.

then it's not surprise they are going to cater marketing to a demographic that appeals to them because social image is more important than profits
    Which happens at exactly 0% of marketing departments, because if they did they wouldn't have been hired in the first place. This is as asinine a belief that HR looks out for anything but the company's interests.

Corporate America is also operating under a concern of fear that if they don't cater to the woke/cancel culture, that they themselves will be cancelled a result
    So, exactly what I said about bigotry being unprofitable and not a good look? Lol.

This isn't evidence of a "corporate takeover", it's evidence that public tastes have changed and that y'all are being butthurt and reactionary because society doesn't have a place for your views anymore.

Pretty hard to observe shit that isn't happening. What it really seems to be is more cultural marxism nonsense with a good helping of sealioning.

Specifically regarding Corporate America and how it relates to the OP, the marketing departments help influence how a Corporation's image is presented. If the marketing departments are composed of socially woke/cancel individuals from the far-left, then it's not surprise they are going to cater marketing to a demographic that appeals to them because social image is more important than profits (which is why some companies open themselves up to hits to the bottom line). Corporate America is also operating under a concern of fear that if they don't cater to the woke/cancel culture, that they themselves will be cancelled a result. This influence on Corporate America and how they appear to favor the Left significantly over the Right as time goes on is a reflection of the times we are living in.

Its not an observation. An observation implies knowledge of the subject and witnessing something.

You are parroting propaganda.

If you owned a business, you wouldn't an employee's behavior to cost you customers. If racism made money, you can bet Amazon would be selling klan outfits. But they don't so they don't.

What you and your ilk are arguing in favor of is forcing people patronize businesses. The only solution to this is to force people to spend money at businesses no matter what and make sure they don't voice their opinions of said business to anyone.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

corporate America wants to accumulate capital it isn't left wing. the bottom line is all that's important. its marketing buddy.

literally not how works, the market department focuses on one thing - profit. If being "woke" means more profit they will push that. Just like the various ceo who came out and saying they will stop political funding of the insurrectionists, that was purely a profit motive not a "woke" motive. Its bad business to be associated with those who tried to overthrow the government, and overthrow of the government is certainly bad for business.

the "left" has more influence because, as the saying goes: reality has a liberal bias.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    corporate America wants to accumulate capital it isn't left wing. the bottom line is all that's important. its marketing buddy.
    That's how Corporate America traditionally operates, but more companies are wielding their power and influence (hypocritically if you look at their investments in China) to take a more left-leaning Corporate Activist stance. This kind of atmosphere would naturally suppress Conservative Expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    What you and your ilk are arguing in favor of is forcing people patronize businesses. The only solution to this is to force people to spend money at businesses no matter what and make sure they don't voice their opinions of said business to anyone.
    If America went back to an atmosphere where companies didn't take an activist role (whether Conservative or Liberal), it would probably help things. But in today's world, everything's being weaponized for the sake of politics, which is why the OP touches up on some institutional concerns. There seems to be an overwhelming bias towards the Left, which as a result, suppresses Conservative Expression.
    Last edited by BronzeCondor; 2021-08-14 at 07:54 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's how Corporate America traditionally operates, but more companies are wielding their power and influence (hypocritically if you look at their investments in China) to take a more left-leaning Corporate Activist stance. This kind of atmosphere would naturally suppress Conservative Expression.
    Yes, because they realised that sells better than being racists/homophobes/facists/whatever.
    No ideology in it, just profits.
    - Lars

how does a company saying something effect 'conservative expression' (whatever that means)

That is just not true. It is a lie.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown