Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Man says he killed his kids over QAnon conspiracy theories and "serpent DNA"

Los Angeles — A California surfing school owner was charged Wednesday with killing his two young children with a spear gun in Mexico because he believed they would become monsters, authorities said.

Matthew Taylor Coleman, 40, of Santa Barbara is facing a federal charge of the foreign murder of U.S. nationals, the U.S. attorney's office said in a statement.

Coleman confessed to the FBI during an interview that he took his 2-year-old son and 10-month-old daughter to Rosarito, Mexico, where shot a "spear fishing gun" into their chests, according to an affidavit filed by an FBI agent with the criminal complaint.

Coleman said "he believed his children were going to grow into monsters so he had to kill them," according to the court document.

A farmworker found the children's bodies on Monday at a ranch near Rosarito in Baja California, authorities there have said.

Coleman and the children had checked into a Rosarito hotel on Saturday, but video footage showed them leaving before dawn on Monday, Mexican authorities said.

The man returned alone later that morning and then left the hotel for good, authorities said.

An iPhone-finding application placed Coleman's phone in Rosarito on Sunday, and on Monday it was traced to an area of Mexico near the San Ysidro Port of Entry in San Diego, according to the affidavit.

Coleman was detained at the border checkpoint, where during an interview with an FBI agent "he explained that he was enlightened by QAnon and Illuminati conspiracy theories and was receiving visions and signs revealing that his wife, A.C., possessed serpent DNA and had passed it on to his children," according to the affidavit.

He's accused of dumping the children's bodies in a ditch near Rosarito, CBS Los Angeles reports.

The station says Coleman's wife reported to Santa Barbara police on Saturday that the family was getting ready to go camping when her husband suddenly took off with the children in the family's van. She said she didn't know where they were going and he hadn't answered her text messages.

Coleman's wife said she didn't believe the children were in any danger, that she hadn't had any problems with Coleman, and "they did not have any sort of argument" before he left, according to the court affidavit.

CBS L.A. says Coleman told FBI agents he'd put his daughter in a box for the ride to Mexico because he didn't have a car seat.

Coleman is the founder of the Lovewater surfing school in Santa Barbara.

The family's neighbors in Santa Barbara told CBS L.A. they're shocked and that Coleman seemed like a good family man. One said he is "shocked" and "stunned." He called it "immensely tragic."
    Insane 10ch

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Insane 10ch
    This is your brain on the modern Republican party.

Terrible tragedy for the children and wife, and if the guy ever snaps out of his deep Q-driven psychosis he's in for a very rough time.

If you have a family member deep into Q, try to get them help, and don't leave them around children, I guess.

"Save the kids" can mean murdering children, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Terrible tragedy for the children and wife, and if the guy ever snaps out of his deep Q-driven psychosis he's in for a very rough time.

If you have a family member deep into Q, try to get them help, and don't leave them around children, I guess.

"Save the kids" can mean murdering children, apparently.
    My wife thinks that it is a precursor to insanity defense. They should leave him to rot in Mexican jail. Mexico may not have death penalty, but serving a sentence in a Mexican jail is a fate worse than death.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crazy fucker probably woulda done the same without qanon(not that it didn’t screw with him anyway)

The "why" demands an answer beyond an insanity defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    My wife thinks that it is a precursor to insanity defense. They should leave him to rot in Mexican jail. Mexico may not have death penalty, but serving a sentence in a Mexican jail is a fate worse than death.
    9 times out of 10 when someone kills their own children...it's going to be an insanity defense.

Eyes are way too close together. Clearly a bad brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Eyes are way too close together. Clearly a bad brain.
    Yeah, if anyone had serpent DNA, it was him. Too bad he didn't just shoot himself in the chest.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Crazy fucker probably woulda done the same without qanon(not that it didn’t screw with him anyway)
    There really isn't anything about the qanon ideology that (as far as I know) would really drive someone to kill their own kids. It's more about the "elite" blah blah blah.

That being said when your ideology is insane conspiracy theories you are going to attract people who aren't right in the head. Just how many videos do we need of clearly mentally ill people sprouting qanon/stop the steal/anti-vax nonsense before we recognize the issue?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    There really isn't anything about the qanon ideology that (as far as I know) would really drive someone to kill their own kids. It's more about the "elite" blah blah blah.
    Trust me there is and you don't want to go down that rabbit hole, what the regular public knows is just scratching the surface. There have been killings because of it for example they blame lesbians for BLM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hate to say it, but this can't fall on the QAnon peeps. Crazy is going to be crazy no matter what, they will just find a convenient venue to blame it one (or not). This guy was going to snap no matter what, the reasons don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I hate to say it, but this can't fall on the QAnon peeps. Crazy is going to be crazy no matter what, they will just find a convenient venue to blame it one (or not). This guy was going to snap no matter what, the reasons don't matter.
    Crazy is going to be crazy, but they feed and fuel that crazy in a big way. I'm more than happy to blame them given that he told the Feds he was "enlightened" by Q and to place the blame on that retardation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    The insanity defense isn't a get out of jail card people think it is. He likely doesn't realize insanity pleas put you in places that are woefully underfunded that it is likely worse than being in prison.

Qanon and MAGA attract the mentally deficient, so it's hard to estimate this persons behaviour in the absence of either. That said, it's not a nurturing or helpful environment to be residing in for sure. When crackpot conspiracy theories and anti scientific mumbo jumbo are encouraged rather than refuted, it isn't surprising that people that already have problems staying on the right side of the border between reality and lunacy are more frequently pushed towards the latter.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Crazy is going to be crazy, but they feed and fuel that crazy in a big way. I'm more than happy to blame them given that he told the Feds he was "enlightened" by Q and to place the blame on that retardation.
    And I would definitely agree - the GQP certainly feeds that crazy in many different ways.

Cue the apologists (already seen elsewhere).

Saying he wasn't impacted in this thanks to Qanon is like saying someone wasn't impacted by ISIS ideology, or Incel rhetoric, or White Supremacy.

What an absolute waste of oxygen he is. Look at those 2 babies and happy mom...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

Saying he wasn't impacted in this thanks to Qanon is like saying someone wasn't impacted by ISIS ideology, or Incel rhetoric, or White Supremacy.

I’d leave it at “there was probably more wrong with this guy than just qanon.”

Certainly didn’t help, might even have been the tipping point. But there are probably some other psychological/drug issues going on under the hood there as well.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Honestly, I think the brand of reality denial the GOP has embraced is dangerous enough without trying to connect it to people like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

Also inb4 they say this guy is antifa using Qanon as cover or some stupidity.