Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    its more the results of „what can we do, to provide them something, thats easy, cheap and does not have some bigger investment and what works best for ppl or is something they always want?“

tbh: at this point everybody seems happy they doing „anything“ in 8 months of a 12 euro sub per month. and i am happy for the ppl waiting for these customizations. but i still think ppl are the most stupid cows possible, when they cheers Blizz, for doing some cheap shit cosmetics, as Blizz is Jesus in person. imo Blizz is really a pathetic, lousy, greedy, cost effective development shit company, not deserving 8 months of 12 euros of lets say 3 mio ppl = 288 mio euros (!), when alll they do in 8 months, for 288 mio euros, are these cheap shit cosmetics.

but each to his own.
    Blizzard pretty much rivals EA in terms of how bad the company is at this point. From incompetent game design to work culture.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Ok, once again, your question is irrelevant. Instead of devoting more work to having the 3D artists introduce small bull shit like this that should have been in the game since the start of the expansion, they should have focused on getting their other teams working on things that ACTUALLY improve the game. No, instead they get some artists pump up small and meaningless customization that does nothing to held the expansion. Most players want a game that is fun to play. Being able to change the size of elf ears doesn't make the game more fun. It's a distraction.
    So should the artist just you know not work on any thing until the balance/design teams have fixed every thing to not distract people?

Saying one team shouldn’t be working until a totally different one fixes a problem they can’t contribute to at all seems a bit silly does it not?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    By "new" do they actually mean new or just moving hairs and stuff from regular draenei and night elves over to these models?
    Probably just that.

The ear thing for Void Elves is literally what the Blood Elves got, same for the tail sizes for Draenei.

So it's probably gonna be 90% a shifting from base race to allied race job that an intern did during their break.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure new night fae forms were happening anyways and those will be recolors/reskinned for druids in general in the future

So the result of them listening to feedback is...some new ears? Cool I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Yeah, don't you hate it when they take their artists off important work like game balance and make them do art?
    To be fair, we all know that those Void Elf ears are literally just gonna be the Blood Elf ears they added for 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    To be fair, we all know that those Void Elf ears are literally just gonna be the Blood Elf ears they added for 9.0.
    Exactly. Do not expect anything NEW. Expect things that SHOULD have been done with the last set of customizations that they didn't. Space goat options for LF, Belf options for VE, alternate colors for NB, Orc options for Maghar. I'll shit my pants if there is an actual NEW hair style added.

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    Exactly. Do not expect anything NEW. Expect things that SHOULD have been done with the last set of customizations that they didn't. Space goat options for LF, Belf options for VE, alternate colors for NB, Orc options for Maghar. I'll shit my pants if there is an actual NEW hair style added.
    At most, in terms of effort, I expect Night Elf hairs for Nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    At most, in terms of effort, I expect Night Elf hairs for Nightborne.
    I'll be happily surprised if that happens. I like to assume the worst and hope for north of that.

One of the things I care about the most better happen. I want that damn Nathan Explosion Orc hair available on Maghar.

Hopefully means highmountain are going to receive some love. On topic, Playing a male LFD idk what i could ask for? Different shaped end of tails instead of long/short cause yknow being lightforged could spin that posterior growth against the way demonic beings grew, having a hammer head tail as a lightforged?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    More pandering than caving, but every little positive thing they do is a good thing, really. These changes might have already been partially developed and left on the shelf, because there didn't seem to be any focus on this kind of thing at launch. Or, they were working on them for this patch anyway. And, even if is pandering - they need to start doing a lot of that in the coming months.

You have to expect this kind of thing - the devs have dug their heels in on a lot of things in the past, and the new leadership and the nuclear dumpster fire lately may have forced some attitudes to change internally, or freed them up. Of the cancelled sub numbers are really bad, and someone high up on the Team 2 got a "come to Elune" meeting with the head muckety mucks.

People want the game fixed and have more things added, that's been one of the consistent complaints for a long time now. This is a step in the right direction - it's not a big fix to a big system, but it doesn't have to be. Not gonna give them an ounce of shit for it, until the PTR is complete and we can all see the full content of the patch. They have a ways to go, and this is probably just the easier stuff they have planned for 9.1.5. - but it's a start.
    This "any step is a good step" mentality is why wow is where it is. You enable blizzards arrogance by blindly simping for any little thing, regardless of how long it took to get there or what absolutely defining external circumstances are forcing them to act. Blizzard does not need or deserve support and patience. They deserve a march of penance. 5 years of back-to-back gold, none of their usual BS in anything, no snippy devs getting uppity on twitter. No stealth nerfs, idiotic changes or other nonsense.

Why? Because we're all in so deep at this point that blizzard is acting like an abusive spouse and will put on an act for months if they need to. Blizzard will say anything to keep players, if it gets bad they start making the smallest possible concessions because they know that usually works.
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    This "any step is a good step" mentality is why wow is where it is. You enable blizzards arrogance by blindly simping for any little thing, regardless of how long it took to get there or what absolutely defining external circumstances are forcing them to act. Blizzard does not need or deserve support and patience. They deserve a march of penance. 5 years of back-to-back gold, none of their usual BS in anything, no snippy devs getting uppity on twitter. No stealth nerfs, idiotic changes or other nonsense.

Why? Because we're all in so deep at this point that blizzard is acting like an abusive spouse and will put on an act for months if they need to. Blizzard will say anything to keep players, if it gets bad they start making the smallest possible concessions because they know that usually works.
    I "enable"?

LOL.

You're not worth pissing the mods off with an appropriate response.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Ok, once again, your question is irrelevant. Instead of devoting more work to having the 3D artists introduce small bull shit like this that should have been in the game since the start of the expansion, they should have focused on getting their other teams working on things that ACTUALLY improve the game. No, instead they get some artists pump up small and meaningless customization that does nothing to held the expansion. Most players want a game that is fun to play. Being able to change the size of elf ears doesn't make the game more fun. It's a distraction.
    ^^^ Tell me you have never worked in a big corporation and or interfaced with other departments in your career without telling me all that. ^^^

The art team is not taking away resources from the DEVs working on balance, engine, etc. If you don't have the slightest clue how large corporations operate please don't comment.

If anything they pulled 1 or 2 artists away from future art (I'm talking 1+ years before it's even considered for the next expac(s). But that still wouldn't slow down the current Art team(s) too much.

Your anger over more customization is unwarranted.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Guess someone didin't heard gachi muchi music.
    I haven't and when I google I'm getting some shaved hunks in leather so I am confused.

Meh, this is basically using a bucket to try and clear water from the Titanic.

Wow's already basically done for, less than 2 million end game players and dropping fast. Giving a Void Elf Nelf hair isn't bringing anyone back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's nice. That all no more no less.

How about new hair colors for void elves, they look absolutely abysmal.

And when is the Brawler' Guild coming back?

okay sure, but is this it for .1.5?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I know I'm quoting myself and the shamelessness is unforgiveable, but when I log onto MMO-C today I actually do see a new hotfix patch for 9.1

and MFW it's actually longer than the official 9.1.5 patch notes
    You... do realize that 9.1.5 doesn't have patch notes yet, right? The news is citing a blue post on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Fine.

Give me my blond haired void elf already !
    Also black and white. And new hairstyles or at least the ones from Belf. Thanks. And accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I know I'm quoting myself and the shamelessness is unforgiveable, but when I log onto MMO-C today I actually do see a new hotfix patch for 9.1

and MFW it's actually longer than the official 9.1.5 patch notes

You can't tell official patch notes from random blue post on nightborne topic on official forums with little snippet of what they plan on 9.1.5? Holy shit the ignorance.