Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Haven't seen any links from you. Them not wanting to work on something doesn't mean they are sexist. You can't nor shouldn't force someone to work on something they aren't interested in doing. Over 30% of the art and assets team are female, are they also sexist for not wanting to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    I'm not advocating to make ladies in the game more ugly, I'm explaining why the ogres are not made playable. And it's because no one has the balls to follow through with an ugly female design.
    Which, was almost two decades ago. I find it hard to believe they are having difficulties working on a female Ogre.

Twice I have linked the quote of a dev admitting they gave up on playable ogres because no one wanted to work on their female's model. This is neither my perception nor projection. And I'm not going to link it a third time for you.
    Two-headed Ogres were also a challenge. Perhaps, this is the main reason for their delay.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Which, was almost two decades ago. I find it hard to believe they are having difficulties working on a female Ogre.
    Considering the very relevant analysis on the KT model made earlier by Diaphin and Crimson Spears on page 8, I don't find it too hard to believe.

Two-headed Ogres were also a challenge. Perhaps, this is the main reason for their delay.
    You're right, that's very possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    .... Wow did you miss just about everything in my comment. Well done!
    Well, considering your logic in your first sentence that was supposed to set up your premise was "full stop nonsense", the rest of your comment just falls apart completely.

WoD is not, in any way, shape or form, "happen entirely in ogre lands", as the initial claim was:
    Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    No. We had a single zone of kul tira land.
    We had an entire expansion with ogre land (WoD)
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-08-21 at 07:59 PM.

Could argue Warlord's of Draenor gave up a perfect opportunity to add Ogres. I would gladly play an Ogre Shaman. I've wanted to be an Ogre since Vanilla.

We wanted naga, so we got pirates, next we'll be asking for void and light races and end up getting another furry.

Why would they waste resources creating a playable race that will undoubtedly be one of the least selected classes? Ogres were neat for one tier but as a fan of the lore in game, It would take a lot to make them desirable and interesting as a whole.

There are 2 quests where we take the shape/form of an ogre and the reality is that they would be a very niche race that would require alot of resources to work them into the transmog armors (otherwise they will look ridiculous) and we already know that Naga posed a considerable issue for this already. Would Naga have fit the current story and future storylines? Absolutely. They missed the best time to introduce both of these playable classes (WOD and BFA)

its too little too late now. Blizzard is known for their questionable decisions but I can't help but feel Ogres would have been a wasted resources...I mean hell we hardly got draenei stories until WoD, thats 4 expansions later.

Quote Originally Posted by Napee View Post
    Why would they waste resources creating a playable race that will undoubtedly be one of the least selected classes? Ogres were neat for one tier but as a fan of the lore in game, It would take a lot to make them desirable and interesting as a whole.

There are 2 quests where we take the shape/form of an ogre and the reality is that they would be a very niche race that would require alot of resources to work them into the transmog armors (otherwise they will look ridiculous) and we already know that Naga posed a considerable issue for this already. Would Naga have fit the current story and future storylines? Absolutely. They missed the best time to introduce both of these playable classes (WOD and BFA)

its too little too late now. Blizzard is known for their questionable decisions but I can't help but feel Ogres would have been a wasted resources...I mean hell we hardly got draenei stories until WoD, thats 4 expansions later.
    I mean they made mecha gnomes and Kul' tirans. Clearly requiring the race to be popular isn't part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Napee View Post
    Why would they waste resources creating a playable race that will undoubtedly be one of the least selected classes?
    Novelty. Something that isn't popular will still be picked by some players who will go out in the world and interact with other players and thereby provide them with a slightly different experience they would otherwise get.

This is why races and classes don't all need to be equally popular. There can be small niches that provide garnish to the rest of the gameplay.

In Heroes of the Storm the Lost Vikings are the least played hero in the game. But when a player picks them, they upset the entire game and both teams will need to spend their strategies. That's what makes it a successful idea on Blizzard's part. It becomes one of many uncommon surprises that shake everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    I know that Ogres don't have a female version as of now, but how hard is it to create that?

And the argument made for Ogres being fat and ugly, no one would play them... yet the same can be said for Kul Tirans, they are one of the lowest subrace choice played. Barely beating Mechagnomes.

Ogres also have a vast amount of culture and history within World of Warcraft, they have been part of the franchise as early as Warcraft 1. They have a good amount of noteable lore characters such as Cho'gall, Dentarg, Mogor.

But I guess we could use one more variation of Elf I suppose.
    Blizz showed how much they cared about Ogres by scrapping them in Outland... Then WOD and never going back.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I mean they made mecha gnomes and Kul' tirans. Clearly requiring the race to be popular isn't part of it.
    Truth. I suppose right time/right place. I think if allied races had been a thing, it woulda been more likely to see this kind of thing pre legion. At least were in a spot now where we are slowly seeing a deviation from the core races.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

To become playable.
    If a race doesn't have females in lore then they don't need to be retconned to become playable. Other games, better games, have races with only one sex and no one loses their minds about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Considering the very relevant analysis on the KT model made earlier by Diaphin and Crimson Spears on page 8, I don't find it too hard to believe.
    Kul Tirans, or female Pandaren for that matter, do not have any design flaws. They look like they should. They might require more customization options. Choosing them, or not, is based on personal preference. Not everything needs to look like a super model.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    If a race doesn't have females in lore then they don't need to be retconned to become playable. Other games, better games, have races with only one sex and no one loses their minds about it.
    Female Ogres exist in lore:
    "Ogre women have yet to appear in a Warcraft game, but they were just as common as male ogres when Aramar Thorne visited Dire Maul and are mentioned in passing in Code of Rule. The few ogre females mentioned in lore include the unnamed wife of Tharg, who died by the claws of the black dragonflight; an unnamed young female who served King Gordok in Dire Maul; and Karrga of the Gordunni. The mysterious island of Ogrezonia is said to be inhabited by giant female ogres who are rumored to perform horrible rituals on men who happen upon their island.
    [Ogre Female Mask] is available during Hallow's End."

I don't know what other games you are talking about, but that would clearly not work in WoW.
    Dwarf, Gnome, Draenei, Worgen, Pandaren, Tauren, Troll and undead did not have female models before their addition. Yet, they all got one. So, expect the same for Ogres.

Are you sure about that?
    Yes. Kul'tirans have that strongman bod.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2021-08-22 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Yes. Kul'tirans have that strongman bod.
    Well, so do Ogres.

See that six pack?

Honestly? Because while the Horde has a lot of possibilities when it came to AR's, the Alliance doesn't -specially when the most requested ones were not considered, such a Vrykul and High Elf- so they kinda just made yet another human variant.

Nonetheless, given that now we have a big boy base model, I do think Ogres are more likely than ever.