Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Keep dreaming. Fresh Classic isn't going to happen at least until we all defeat Arthas in ICC 25 HM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Keep dreaming. Fresh Classic isn't going to happen at least until we all defeat Arthas in ICC 25 HM.
    there's already a ptr up with phase one on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    You're so wrong. The same min/max shit is going to happen on the new servers.
    yea, its here to stay

Quote Originally Posted by strixer View Post
    We all saw how retailers ruined Classic with min/max culture so raids were filled with 20 warriors and 10 mages. In addition they brought toxic addons like Weakaura and such that doesn't belong to Classic.
    Ironically the classic guild I ended up in after mergers turned out it were non-retailers (private servers mostly) bringing this toxic behavior who ruined classic for me.

As a mythic raider from retail I just did not understand the toxic obsession of 20+ hours of grinding gold, consumables and world buffs just for 30min of raiding trivial content. I was so severly verbally abused because I did not min/max that last 1%-5% dmg (I was engineer with bombs, basic consumables and strongest few world buffs) and doing top 1-3 dps overall and focussed on mechanics/uptime.

After a few weeks of abuse I couldn't anymore and went back to retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, when i think of classic i think of healthy community.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

How to tell you never actually played vanilla? You're stupid enough to think the min/maxing is new and didn't fully exist in those times either. Jesus christ I used to get turned away from leveling 5 mans as a bear tank because "warriors are the best tank".

Granted I was a dirty casual and didn't start seriously raiding until TBC, but most of the people I raided with in TBC were the exact min/maxers you apparently were to busy burying your head in the sand to notice and most of them were hardcore min/maxers in vanilla too. Classic is what it always was. And now you're mad you don't quite enjoy it as much as your memory polished it up to be. It's fine. Some people do and some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    yea, its here to stay
    Seriously it was always there. I think some people are confusing them being 12 and not caring/noticing it in Vanilla as the same as it not existing. Saying it's here to stay now implies it ever left or wasn't present from the start.

I didn't come to Mal'Ganis until TBC but a lot of the people I raided with were vanilla OG's and knew/were in a lot of the server drama back then. EJ literally came about because of a guild split over a more casual approach vs min/maxing to vastly over simplify. The biggest differences is people didn't have as much knowledge as they do now and back then boss strats were often highly prized secrets that no one shared. Not things to make youtube videos for ad money.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-08-26 at 12:54 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

5+ Year Old Account
    if you want play on real classic server then look out in internet cuz there is one which is much much better and its progressive without bots without world buffs in raids etc.

So it's likely we will get fresh Classic and this time around community will be like 2005 WoW. We all saw how retailers ruined Classic with min/max culture so raids were filled with 20 warriors and 10 mages. In addition they brought toxic addons like Weakaura and such that doesn't belong to Classic.
    This time around they will stay in TBC and hopefully possible fresh won't be toxic min/max.
    I can't wait for healthy community that doesn't cry when we wipe or yell "go go" and doesn't mind if BRD takes 4 hours to clear.
    my friend, new fresh will be even tryharder

In addition they brought toxic addons like Weakaura and such that doesn't belong to Classic.
    Pfffahahaha

boy. BOY.

Addons in 1.12 were infinitely more powerful than they were in Classic. You could make macros that made conditional choices, and as such, you could make auto-kick macros that you could just mash the button and it would not kick unless your target is actually casting. You could make auto-purge macros that could read the enemy's buffs and only cast purge if a specific buff was active. You could make 1-button macros for every single class. etc. etc.

Addons like Decursive existed, where it would literally just auto-target anyone who had a debuff and cleanse them. No thought or effort involved, literally just press the decursive key and it would automatically find someone in your raid and cleanse. Same with an addon called QuickHeal that would target the lowest health person in the raid and cast a heal on them. These addons were so broken that Blizzard had to forcefully disable their functionality so players couldn't use them anymore.

If you think Classic's addons are "toxic" (what does that even mean? how tf is an addon like weakaura "toxic" lmao) then you're in for a rude awakening when you find out how insanely powerful 2005/2006 addons were.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    if you want play on real classic server then look out in internet cuz there is one which is much much better and its progressive without bots without world buffs in raids etc.
    yeah, and it peaks at 1000-2000 players online at primetime so it's dead most of the time, and it's full of chinese farmers and gold spammers, and it's laggy af and crashes all the time, and tons of quests are broken, and tons of mechanics are broken, and....etc.

you private server shills are hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-wow-community

Fresh content being considered in an official post.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-wow-community

Fresh content being considered in an official post.
    Great, I hope it has #LotsOfChanges, because a fresh start with just default classic sounds awful.

"Classic will fix the community!" then it didn't
    "TBCC will fix the community!" then it didn't.
    "Classic Fresh will fix the community!" not holding my breath out for round 3 of the five stages of grief.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    "Classic will fix the community!" then it didn't
    "TBCC will fix the community!" then it didn't.
    "Classic Fresh will fix the community!" not holding my breath out for round 3 of the five stages of grief.
    But what about wrath classic? Surely that'll save everyone and AB! /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    This aged well.

So it's likely we will get fresh Classic and this time around community will be like 2005 WoW. We all saw how retailers ruined Classic with min/max culture so raids were filled with 20 warriors and 10 mages. In addition they brought toxic addons like Weakaura and such that doesn't belong to Classic.
    This time around they will stay in TBC and hopefully possible fresh won't be toxic min/max.
    I can't wait for healthy community that doesn't cry when we wipe or yell "go go" and doesn't mind if BRD takes 4 hours to clear.
    Did you play Classic? Addons that you deem "toxic" existed back then too. People were yelling "go go" back then too. The only thing that changed between now and then is that addons expanded and the knowledge increased along with performance and everything.

No matter how much you want it or how hard you try you will never have Classic like it was back in the day or a healthy community. One of the first things you'd have to do in order to get that experience is give everyone 56k modems / extremely slowly dsl.

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    You're so wrong. The same min/max shit is going to happen on the new servers.
    Yep. It will be worse. Instead of 10-12 fury you’re going to have guilds with 25-26 of them. Hell maybe more. You need heals, a mage for int and the rest fury and stuff will fall over in seconds.

bait thread is bait

and people took it

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they have the silithus event opened if they do so. Imagine, everyone would have scarab lords over time lol

how can people you dont play with ruin your game ? how about you find like minded people who wanna enjoy they game the way you do. or do you also think the 0.1% that does HARDCORE raiding on retail ruins anything ?

i dont understand you at all. i cant give less shits about how others play the pixels of wow

Quote Originally Posted by themortalgod View Post

That is forever gone now, nearly every player is now an expert and the resources are available for you to tune your expertise to the maximum. Because of this, the nature of the gameplay will always lean towards that push towards the highest possible performance.

The only real way to recover that style of play is for Blizzard to make a WoW 2.0 that is wildly different than WoW 1.0 so that players all enter the experience equally oblivious to how the game is best played. Though, even in that case, the wildly higher prevalence of online resources today will still lean the community towards a competitive performance culture far more than in 2005 when the vast majority of players mainly only learned about the game while playing the game.
    I fully agree with this. I played Vanilla, and found classic to be a lot less fun because everyone already knew what the correct answers were. I found TBC classic to be even worse, and haven't logged back in since I hit 60.

What we need is WoW 2.0. (Perhaps not even in the Warcraft universe, an entirely new world and new lore.)