Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Weird, people only do LFR for transmog yea?

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    Ok I just got done doing Sylvansas on LFR. Apparently the group had been...in trouble aka 7 stacks of Determination, but when I chimed in on how the 2nd phase works, we one shot it (They didnt know certain adds triggered the bridges).

I go and loot the chest and YAY Haste Vers Shoulders for my Prot Paladin. That was a big upgrade for me. I Equip my shoulders and Then I get this Warrior whispering me

"Dude, Give me those shoulders"
    "Um...no They're an upgrade"
    "Fuck you bro, I been here since the 1st pull and I deserve them more than some fucking scrub who comes in on their 1st pull"

That kinda got to me. Yes, I'm in LFR, but this is one of my 12 alts. I raid mythic on my Havoc Demon Hunter, Heroic on my DH and my Blood DK, Normal on my BM hunter and Prot Warrior, LFR on the rest. Then, when im about to whisper him back... I got this tell.

"Cmon stop being a selfish prick, you already have them equipped, so give me the ones you just got"

I often joke that the IQ of LFR is so low that you could give a mechanics test to a LFR Player, a Rock, and 2 candy Bracelets, and the rock and bracelets would score higher, but this... this was something else. How could I logically loot a piece of Raid Finder Gear and have that same raid finder piece equipped at the same time when this is the 1st week this boss has been available.. my mind just... it went 30 miles a second trying to find the logical steps this person could come to.

I just left the group...but then I got this whisper

"Fuck you R@%$ARD, Go KILL YOURSELF! I hope your dog dies of cancer you fuck"

I sighed and just put him on ignore. Cause I know blizzard cant handle their own harassment internally how the fuck are they going to handle players harassing other players.

God damn this game has become so Toxic. November aka Endwalker, cannot get here soon enough.
    When personal loot first came out you couldn't see what gear people looted and that caused a huge uproar until Blizzard went and changed it so that you saw what they got. I myself preferred it when you didn't know unless they asked if anyone wanted it.

Ignore or log off.

There are horrible and entitled people in the world. Give them the life lesson they deserve and their parents missed.
    This kind of people is more common than you think and sometimes they are even people you considered friends for a long time.
    Cut them off. Trash is not worth your time.

This is the moment you should just rub it in even more.

You should have whispered to him that you would love to give it to them, but you need it ONLY for the mog.
    And just play along with having 2 of them. Tell them, that you need 2 because you need 1 for each shoulder, DUUHHHH
    Then just keep making shit up if he calls you stupid/dumb etc. Like: "I raid on Heroism Mythical 3man with my Dual wielding Crusader main, so I know how Transmog works", "I know how I can copy the item and then give it to you, but don't tell anyone, ok?" (if he goes along jsut tell him to wait while you do your trick, then make him wait as long as you can, make up excuses and call him impatients etc, and keep him waiting until you leave)(if he doesn't go along then call it his loss, because you did offer it to him)

Or just play ignorant: "I don't know how to give it to you", "It says I can't trade it because your iqlevel is too low", "Sorry I mean your ITEM-level/ ilvl", "I don't see the trade window pop up anymore, are you sure you opened it?", "I think it's actually against Blizzard rules to trade items, I don't want to get banned", "How do you know it's allowed? Are you a moderator? Can't you jsut create the item yourself or is that also aainst the rules like trading raid items?"

Basically the goal is for them to put YOU on ignore, not the other way around

EDIT: option 3: pretend to be a 12 year old kid who is new to the game and would like to give it to him, but your older sister says not to do it and then pretend to be torn between who to listen to. Basically pretend he's a scam caller and you want to waste as much of his time while enjoying the ride
    Last edited by Vasti; 2021-08-24 at 11:21 PM.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    Ok I just got done doing Sylvansas on LFR. Apparently the group had been...in trouble aka 7 stacks of Determination, but when I chimed in on how the 2nd phase works, we one shot it (They didnt know certain adds triggered the bridges).

I go and loot the chest and YAY Haste Vers Shoulders for my Prot Paladin. That was a big upgrade for me. I Equip my shoulders and Then I get this Warrior whispering me

"Dude, Give me those shoulders"
    "Um...no They're an upgrade"
    "Fuck you bro, I been here since the 1st pull and I deserve them more than some fucking scrub who comes in on their 1st pull"

That kinda got to me. Yes, I'm in LFR, but this is one of my 12 alts. I raid mythic on my Havoc Demon Hunter, Heroic on my DH and my Blood DK, Normal on my BM hunter and Prot Warrior, LFR on the rest. Then, when im about to whisper him back... I got this tell.

"Cmon stop being a selfish prick, you already have them equipped, so give me the ones you just got"

I often joke that the IQ of LFR is so low that you could give a mechanics test to a LFR Player, a Rock, and 2 candy Bracelets, and the rock and bracelets would score higher, but this... this was something else. How could I logically loot a piece of Raid Finder Gear and have that same raid finder piece equipped at the same time when this is the 1st week this boss has been available.. my mind just... it went 30 miles a second trying to find the logical steps this person could come to.

I just left the group...but then I got this whisper

"Fuck you R@%$ARD, Go KILL YOURSELF! I hope your dog dies of cancer you fuck"

I sighed and just put him on ignore. Cause I know blizzard cant handle their own harassment internally how the fuck are they going to handle players harassing other players.

God damn this game has become so Toxic. November aka Endwalker, cannot get here soon enough.
    You do know that putting someone on ignore, signifies they won in the argument?

Personally I am a fan of letting them continuously screaming into a whisper tab that I never look at until like an hour or so later on. Gives me great joy to watch people get upset so easily. And if they become hostile and threatening, then just forward the messages to blizzard or post them on reddit so the person can look like even more of a fool.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just replie to them in German and carry on it if I accidentally loot something in a raid.
    I don’t even loot on norm/heroic runs, can’t trust the guild/pugs not to have drama over loot. I even run a quick old raid after just so no one sees what I got.

Look at the whisper. Acknowledge you are an adult internally. Move on.

Is this a lost concept these days?!?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just type /dnd and set my message to anything. Not worth responding to anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post

You should have whispered to him that you would love to give it to them, but you need it ONLY for the mog.
    And just play along with having 2 of them. Tell them, that you need 2 because you need 1 for each shoulder, DUUHHHH
    Then just keep making shit up if he calls you stupid/dumb etc. Like: "I raid on Heroism Mythical 3man with my Dual wielding Crusader main, so I know how Transmog works", "I know how I can copy the item and then give it to you, but don't tell anyone, ok?" (if he goes along jsut tell him to wait while you do your trick, then make him wait as long as you can, make up excuses and call him impatients etc, and keep him waiting until you leave)(if he doesn't go along then call it his loss, because you did offer it to him)

Or just play ignorant: "I don't know how to give it to you", "It says I can't trade it because your iqlevel is too low", "Sorry I mean your ITEM-level/ ilvl", "I don't see the trade window pop up anymore, are you sure you opened it?", "I think it's actually against Blizzard rules to trade items, I don't want to get banned", "How do you know it's allowed? Are you a moderator? Can't you jsut create the item yourself or is that also aainst the rules like trading raid items?"

EDIT: option 3: pretend to be a 12 year old kid who is new to the game and would like to give it to him, but your older sister says not to do it and then pretend to be torn between who to listen to. Basically pretend he's a scam caller and you want to waste as much of his time while enjoying the ride
    Or open trade and never give it to them. Just open trade, place the item and alt tab until they bugger off. *snickers*

just dont loot items,remove autoloot just loot the shards,anima or conduits and then after you leave check your mailbox,no more problems !

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Sounds totally not made up and absolutely happened.

But if it bothers you so much then just dont loot, youll get it in mailbox. Problem solved.
    Oh no, I totally believe the OP. I've had more than a few bad experiences with the game's incredibly toxic community.

No need to hide loot

put your chat log on combat log or /ignore

problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    If it really bothers you the trick is to not loot anything and just let whatever drops be automatically mailed to you later.
    Note: Doesn't work for BoEs though, did that once and it never arrived in my mail..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Weird, people only do LFR for transmog yea?
    I once did a few to get renown before the actual raid, as I couldn't stomach another torghast run after the last 30...
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Complaining about LFR being toxic while also in the same post being hyped for new FF expansion.. yikes

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    What argument? Getting insulted isn't a discussion worth having. Nothing good will come from it, just wasted time. /ignore and move on.

Sometimes the best way to win the game is not to play it.

Would be nice to have a simple system: when you loot an item, it asks you if you want to keep it or put it to roll. If you click "keep it", it goes straight to your bag (w/o any announcement in the trade chat); if you click "roll it", all eligible players can see the roll announcement icon and can either roll or pass. If you win the roll, item goes straight to your bag. Simple and efficient, with no need to announce the roll in raid chat, no need to roll manually, no need to find the player & trade him. Don't care about angry whispers myself, if somebody's annoying I just ignore, but the whole hassle with rolling & trading feels dated.

EDIT: And just so we're clear, the item should still be tradeable if you click keep it, in case you want to give it to a friend. But if you don't need it, click "roll it" and just move on.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2021-08-25 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    This may be...the single dumbest thing I've ever read. You, a human with what some would assume to be a brain; Typed that sentence unironically. Never once reflecting on, "man if I type this, will I be the biggest jackass on mmo-c for 24 hours?"

I mean good lord, you actually said you need to stand there and take abuse from another person to *win* an argument. As if that means fuck all. How old are you? This seems like the retarded thoughts that come out of a pre-pubescent 6 year old who's in the special needs class. As if your father dropped you down several sets of stairs when you were a baby in an attempt to get rid of you, and against all odds you survived. Serving no other purpose in life than to come here and post this.

Infract away biatches.

The best thing to do when they're being abusive is to open the trade window, put the item in and then go make yourself a beverage of your choice.

You can put them on ignore when you come back.

Why would you ignore them? Try to trigger them even more and see their reaction - way more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    It sounds like you really don't care about discussing the topic. You kind of summed up your opinion on the community and the real reason why you wanted to post this.
    your avatar fits the OPs face so perfectly.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post

I was going to suggest don't loot and wait for mail but then I read this.

This is SO much better. OP, do this instead. This is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.