Thread: Legacy Raids

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Legacy Raids

does anyone else find it a bit frustrating that we are almost at the end of Dragonflight and there are still some BfA raids that cannot be solo'd due to mechanics? why is Blizzard so slow in fixing them? in 9.1.5 we got nerfs to several of the Legion ones; Eonar was made easier, the knockback in the Aggramar fight was nerfed hard (yet the knockback in the Kil'jaeden fight remains unchanged). Right now you cannot solo Mythrax (mind control), G'huun (obvious reasons), Conclave (damage reduction, permanent silence), Jaina (freezing debuff) and Queen's Court (damage reduction). There are probably others I have forgotten.

my second issue is why are previous expansion raids not considered legacy content? I saw a post on reddit about someone who went through and cleared heroic solo and got no gear. at all. which is really bad RNG but if it was classed as legacy loot then they would've gotten the full 6 pieces of loot per boss. There is zero reason why Shadowlands raids are not considered legacy when it comes to loot. Should be an automatic thing; new expansion comes out, previous expansion switches to legacy loot. add a debuff in similar to what we got in Blackrock Foundry - mobs/bosses have decreased HP, decreased damage done.

New expansion comes out, old expansion should immediately become soloable and legacy loot enabled.

Because, as has been repeatedly stated and ignored on this forum and other places whenever it's brought up, the "legacy buff" does not and has never had any hard fast rules for when it should activate or what should be considered legacy content.

The legacy buff has only ever been introduced as a direct compensation for loss of damage as a result of stat squish, ilvl squish, level squish etc, specifically so Blizzard can avoid the work of rescaling old content.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

BFA legacy rules were suppose to hit on 10.1 and it came and went without another mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    BFA legacy rules were suppose to hit on 10.1 and it came and went without another mention.
    doesnt matter with some encounters,unless you literaly 1 shot kj you cant avoid the mecanic,and i dont even know if it would work depending on how the dmg is calculated

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    doesnt matter with some encounters,unless you literaly 1 shot kj you cant avoid the mecanic,and i dont even know if it would work depending on how the dmg is calculated
    Well that's Legion, and he's easy enough to solo on mythic. I was speaking on BFA raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Well that's Legion, and he's easy enough to solo on mythic. I was speaking on BFA raids.
    its doable,not sure if it is for everyone,but its obviously not as easy as others,why does it have to be so overly difficult compared to others in the same raid even?just make the pushback not work on characters above the normal level range,in case someone wants to do a weird legion classic larp group

Probably because they want to "remix" them now.. so I wouldnt count on it.. grind copper at the end of expansions to get the stuff is the new motto.. look our numbers so good

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Probably because they want to "remix" them now.. so I wouldnt count on it.. grind copper at the end of expansions to get the stuff is the new motto.. look our numbers so good
    1) been an issue since long before anyone ever thought up that idea of xpac remixes

2) they are currently remixing an xpac that you can easily solo everything in on any class or spec

Absolutely insane you are relating these 2 things in any meaningful way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    1) been an issue since long before anyone ever thought up that idea of xpac remixes

2) they are currently remixing an xpac that you can easily solo everything in on any class or spec

Absolutely insane you are relating these 2 things in any meaningful way.
    1. No kidding?

2. Sarcasm upsets you, I am sorry.

You are absolutely insane if you didn't see these 2 things in any meaningful way.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    1. No kidding?

2. Sarcasm upsets you, I am sorry.

You are absolutely insane if you didn't see these 2 things in any meaningful way.
    "hahahaha just kidding bro"

Always an amazing reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    "hahahaha just kidding bro"

Always an amazing reply.
    I am sorry you take this very seriously. I hope everything works out for you in the most meaningful way.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its doable,not sure if it is for everyone,but its obviously not as easy as others,why does it have to be so overly difficult compared to others in the same raid even?just make the pushback not work on characters above the normal level range,in case someone wants to do a weird legion classic larp group
    The speed available on gear and enchants in Dragonflight makes the singularity manageable.