Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Immunity is just a threshold on resistance. If you have something lowering resistances, you should be able to hit them again.
    Atleast that's how I recall it.
    True.

However, It's implemented in a shitty way, in my opinion, which has always been my biggest complaint with the game. Only Necromancers and Paladins have a way of removing immunity through a skill (Sorcerer Cold Mastery reduces resistance, but does not break immunity), when it clearly affects every class. Other classes have to rely on very specific item(s) to do that, instead. Which is just stupid.

And leaving the immune monsters behind goes against the instinct so hard that my bones try to tear themselves out of my hands in protest.

I'd like to see the game re-balanced around the removal of Immune monsters altogether. You can keep resistances, but fuck Immunity.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-09-26 at 10:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Show uniques on the map and give it a d3 beam, cause why not.
    Bind skills to 1-4 to cast them, instead of swapping so you can cast with the mouse. It such a outdated concept. Why not just click 1 to cast whatever aura you have on 1 ?

Ability to lock pots to your belt. So when you are out of pots, you couldn't use that slot, but the moment you picked one up again, it went into the slot you locked it to.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Show uniques on the map and give it a d3 beam, cause why not.
    Bind skills to 1-4 to cast them, instead of swapping so you can cast with the mouse. It such a outdated concept. Why not just click 1 to cast whatever aura you have on 1 ?

Ability to lock pots to your belt. So when you are out of pots, you couldn't use that slot, but the moment you picked one up again, it went into the slot you locked it to.
    the skill thing really needs to come... I'm playing and I'm like did I REALLY do this back in the day, was this the best we could do gameplay-wise back then??
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    the skill thing really needs to come... I'm playing and I'm like did I REALLY do this back in the day, was this the best we could do gameplay-wise back then??
    Try out the controller, it works really, REALLY well. Imo, a far better experience than m&k
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Try out the controller, it works really, REALLY well. Imo, a far better experience than m&k
    if i keep it with for more than one 1 through i prob will. don't have one laying around to try
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they do updates to this game in some capacity. The ground work in D2 is actually pretty solid by today's standards, with the only thing holding it back is being some more end game systems and QoL things to bring it up to snuff.

If you're coming from PoE, D2 end game is essentially has quite a few things that PoE has, but structured in different ways. Essentially everything in hell is like running different maps at varying difficulty tiers in PoE. Uber bosses are basically like farming Elder/Shaper and the Uber version of it basically. That's essentially where the end game 'ends' though, and while I don't think they need to progress with the story (even though they could), the game could certainly have more end game added.

Power progression feels insanely good in D2 to be perfectly honest and not bland like D3 (probably my biggest criticism of D3). I just wish there was more end game to make use of all the items you get, because essentially getting better items just allows you to do same thing (power wise) with more players in the game. Realistically speaking, I don't think it would be hard to generate maps for additional areas, add new items and rune words, and potentially adding other systems to the game.

End game is where I'd like to see the game expanded upon and some of the item issues (IMO anyways) with the game. High level runes seem really out of reach in D2, and this is coming from somebody who has sunk a couple thousand hours into PoE as well. Not saying they should give them out, but high level content (even if it's grindy) in the form of more end game giving additional ways to get runs would be much appreciated.

QoL wise the inventory could still be cleaned up in multiple ways. Gems and runes having their own pages in the inventory tab where they just stack would probably remove 50% of the problems I have with inventory management in the game. At the very least, having them stack in quantities beyond one would be great. My last real QoL thing with D2 is charms in general. You don't have to have an inventory filled with charms, but considering they give power it's pretty dumb not too. As much as people will REE, I really think a positive change would be having charms take up their own inventory where you only have limited slots. You could go about this by having a grid that has 'x' amount of spots to jam charms into, or you could simply force people to have 'x' amount of each charm (for example, 5 of each type of charm total).

Great game though and really some QoL changes wouldn't break the foundation of the game, all the while making it less annoying to play. The ability to reset the game (or an entire Act) while in the game would be pretty great too, and would probably make the servers a lot more stable instead of having people spam 1 minute runs making a million games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stable servers that don't rollback.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Am I the only one who didnt like running back to town every 5 minutes and still dont? No one seems to mention this.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    Am I the only one who didnt like running back to town every 5 minutes and still dont? No one seems to mention this.
    This. I just wish there was more bag space.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I really think a positive change would be having charms take up their own inventory where you only have limited slots. You could go about this by having a grid that has 'x' amount of spots to jam charms into, or you could simply force people to have 'x' amount of each charm (for example, 5 of each type of charm total).
    Existing D2 mods have done this, pretty much. They effectively double inventory space, but charms only work if they're in the the lower part - so you don't get to use more charms than regular D2, but they effectively don't take up inventory space now. With the added advantage of offering more space early game when you don't yet have full charms, which I think is a good way of doing things.

But tbh I think what they should do is very simple: just allow modding. In fact, communicate and work with modders - if piracy is your concern, I'm sure there's technical solutions that maintain that integrity. Heck for some of the biggest D2 mods already out there you basically need a legit copy of the game already, and that just means people who want to play those mods need to buy the game. Unlike WoW private servers, there's no subscription or other ongoing monetization to lose out on, either.

Given the fanaticism of some of the D2 purists out there, any change to the game on a global scale would create a problem; so just give people the ability to sort themselves into whatever communities they want to be a part of. It's worked just fine for PD2, PoD, or MedianXL.

Losing your gear when you die is completely retarded. You died at a difficult spot and the game makes it even more difficult by taking away your gear.

More inventory space or a seperate inventory for charms.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    You are not supposed to bring every trash back to town to vendor it. It would be like picking every iron warhammer in Skyrim.

Two things for me are the following:

- Force Move option that isn't the mouse
    - Being able to directly cast spells via binds.

One of my bigger issues with gaming nowadays is hand fatigue, and D2 reminds me how much my mouse hand can get fatigued when I have to use it constantly. Auto-gold pickup is a godsend in this respect. May make the switch to controller to change things up.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Two things for me are the following:

- Force Move option that isn't the mouse
    - Being able to directly cast spells via binds.

One of my bigger issues with gaming nowadays is hand fatigue, and D2 reminds me how much my mouse hand can get fatigued when I have to use it constantly. Auto-gold pickup is a godsend in this respect. May make the switch to controller to change things up.
    The controller does exactly what you're asking for!
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

I would love for them to redo the lobby, I must be missing something with the new UI but I found the original way better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelwill03 View Post
    This. I just wish there was more bag space.
    I can agree with this, very annoying. My suggestion was mostly making Town portal scroll and Identify scrolls can stack up to a point.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Probably an unpopular opinion but: personal loot for multiplayer (toggle option is fine too)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I can agree with this, very annoying. My suggestion was mostly making Town portal scroll and Identify scrolls can stack up to a point.
    They already stack, just in the tomes no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

A lot of the issues you mentioned here are already fixed by modders:

https://www.nexusmods.com/diablo2resurrected/mods/2

https://www.nexusmods.com/diablo2res.../categories/2/

And yes, this is probably single player only, but then, this game is as single player as it gets. There is no endgame requiring more people in a party. You can have all the party play rewards by just doing players 8 or whatever was the command. No incentive to lag up your lobby if you can get the rewards anyway.

Give us the diablo 3 storage system. Running over to your base to sell every 5 minutes is not fun and does not add "depth" to the game of any kind.
    No, your nostalgia does not matter, it's just dated and unnecessary.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Give us the diablo 3 storage system. Running over to your base to sell every 5 minutes is not fun and does not add "depth" to the game of any kind.
    No, your nostalgia does not matter, it's just dated and unnecessary.
    You shouldn't need to TP to sell anything in-between runs unless you get lucky with a ton of wands and jewelry.

The D3 storage system is similar to D2R so I'm not sure why you think there is a significant distinction.