Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    At this point, its a forgone conclusion they'll be shutdown. I wouldn't be surprised to see over the course of the next several weeks many of their in progress games be cancelled and current games be taken offline. CoD, Hearthstone, WoW, etc. I just don't see how Activision can recover from this lawsuit.
    they will recover and none of these games will be canceled/deactivated. you are delusional
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Doesn't surprise me they shredded documents ASAP. I doubt anything went into document imaging, either.

I hope they throw the book at them for this bullshit.

I can't tell you how much a PITA data retention is... paper records, electronic records. But it's a requirement for indemnity and organizations just have to suck it up. That they tried to slip under the radar just bothers the hell out of me, like everything in this lawsuit.

i dont have a clue on what this is about could any1 kindly give me a tldr version plz

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    Literally don't care. The virtue-signalers have already quit, the rest of us are just here for the games.

Fire the bad people. Pay the fines. Keep making games.
    Blizzard of the 90s and early 2000's was worth shilling for.

What they are today isn't. If you don't see the infection of Activision's Big Money has done to that studio and its games, you're willfully ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    They better make sure they've covered absolutely every trail. Any email or witness that testifies that they were told to eliminate certain documents that were questioned by anyone will mean Activision-Blizzard will be nailed hard. That is one of the more dangerous games to play...
    I highly doubt they're sending out emails asking employees to do something illegal, in the middle of an investigation, lol. More than likely they asked their partners in China to help them out, which they can blame any fault on.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    When ever I see the word diverse I wonder if it’s not meaning being racist toward white males in these woke years.

Growing female leadership positions… sounds very sexist toward males when a position now is being based on having a dick or not. What happens with the 90s idea of do your best and make sure your the best in the field and you will earn your position not matter what gender or race….. but it’s like the USA is more racist and sexist in 2021 then back in the 90s.
    As those formerly without much power gain power, things change. The US is as racist and sexist today, as it was in 1990's, there is just a lot more attention to it because people have a much louder voice now then then. Internet ftw I guess.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

When ever I see the word diverse I wonder if it’s not meaning being racist toward white males in these woke years.

Growing female leadership positions… sounds very sexist toward males when a position now is being based on having a dick or not. What happens with the 90s idea of do your best and make sure your the best in the field and you will earn your position not matter what gender or race….. but it’s like the USA is more racist and sexist in 2021 then back in the 90s.
    I don't want to derail the thread, but man this one of the dumbest posts I've seen on this topic in a while. But hey, based on what you think the 90's were like I guess anything goes in fantasy land.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Looking back at the last 5-8 years, do you have faith in Blizzard making games worth playing?

NO. The last 5 to 8 years have been nothing but stank ass. Which makes me wonder why the design team is still here.

Any other company and they would be out on their ass on the curb. They suck. And I doubt I am the only one to think that they do.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post

What they are today isn't. If you don't see the infection of Activision's Big Money has done to that studio and its games, you're willfully ignorant.
    A lot of talent went into making those games in the 90's and early 2000's, but when you stagnate and just start churning out expansion after expansion (now culminating in just plain re-releases) all that talent is going to stagnate and dry up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    I want to see them burn, going down or even shut down. I hate this company for what they did to people and the game.
    At this point, its a forgone conclusion they'll be shutdown. I wouldn't be surprised to see over the course of the next several weeks many of their in progress games be cancelled and current games be taken offline. CoD, Hearthstone, WoW, etc. I just don't see how Activision can recover from this lawsuit.

Both of you are extremely sad individuals if you want an entire company of thousands of folks to burn down, lose their jobs and livelihoods over a fucking video game not being designed the way you want it. What a few people at the top of a company do, shouldn't cause people who had NOTHING to do with it, their jobs, their homes, their life savings, etc. And again, the fact that you want that to happen, is extremely fucking sad and pathetic.

This is no different than our country, where 95% of the country are normal folks and aren't asking to burn anything down, but the extremists on both sides make it seem like we're ready to start a civil war. Reality check, we aren't. And if there is, those asking for it won't be around to see the end of it.

Grow the fuck up.

Shit happens, that's life. It isn't fair, it isn't equal. You don't get what you want, you grow up and get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expended? /10char

Blizzard's utility bills are gonna be HUGE this month because they're still gaslighting the millions of customers and thousands of investors who remain.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Both of you are extremely sad individuals if you want an entire company of thousands of folks to burn down, lose their jobs and livelihoods over a fucking video game not being designed the way you want it. What a few people at the top of a company do, shouldn't cause people who had NOTHING to do with it, their jobs, their homes, their life savings, etc. And again, the fact that you want that to happen, is extremely fucking sad and pathetic.

This is no different than our country, where 95% of the country are normal folks and aren't asking to burn anything down, but the extremists on both sides make it seem like we're ready to start a civil war. Reality check, we aren't. And if there is, those asking for it won't be around to see the end of it.

Grow the fuck up.

Shit happens, that's life. It isn't fair, it isn't equal. You don't get what you want, you grow up and get over it.
    I don't want the company to go under at all; actually I'm wanting them to pull thru. I was just concerned that with the new details of this lawsuit if they'd be able to recover and or if it might lead to cancelled upcoming games and or the shutdown of current games. This lawsuit is massive and will be a hard hit.

These changes won't accomplish anything. Whether you're hiring buddies based on being buddies or you're hiring based on skin color and genitalia you aren't hiring based around skill in either of those examples. Blizzard will be in the exact same situation. Except now they will have the added stress of being worried about being retaliated against or fired for not being woke enough, I'm sure the sexual harassment won't go away. Super woke bro's are just as creepy.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post

It's the same company doing the same things. Some of the people in this lawsuit were around BEFORE Activision. Blizzard has always released broken buggy games with missing features and been accused of being greedy and out of touch. The different today is that they have good competition that really shines a light on their shitty practices.

That said, I'm not interested in punishing the thousands of workers at Blizzard for what management did, so I'll keep playing their games that I enjoy. I'm a lot more interested in Blizzard becoming a better company, and hopefully that will happen after they get the everloving shit fined out of them. That's the only way it's going to happen actually, because well meaning boycotts are only going to hurt the workers. The higher ups that are the problem are always going to land on their feet.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

People who have been discriminated against being treated fairly is not an attack against you.

If you think the USA is more racist now than it was during the 90s then you're disturbingly ignorant on the topic of racism, which your first sentence already told us you were.

And don't worry, you're not gonna get passed over for that promotion because you're a white guy. You're gonna be passed over because someone else is better.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's the weather like on your planet if you think that's how any of this works? Not to be rude but it's a civil suit. They'll pay a fine over the course of several years and business will continue as usual. CoD, Hearthstone, and WoW are all free money for Activision Blizzard there's a 0% chance they'll shut down any of them because of a civil suit. All the state of CA wants here is compensation for victims meaning money.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    These changes won't accomplish anything. Whether you're hiring buddies based on being buddies or you're hiring based on skin color and genitalia you aren't hiring based around skill in either of those examples. Blizzard will be in the exact same situation. Except now they will have the added stress of being worried about being retaliated against or fired for not being woke enough, I'm sure the sexual harassment won't go away. Super woke bro's are just as creepy.
    Nobody is being hired for their race or gender. It's not like you can be a black woman and get the job even if a white guy is slightly better.
    Stop feeling attacked by minorities and women getting equal treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Not to be rude but it's a civil suit.
    Except it 100% is NOT a civil suit. You literally say it yourself in the last sentence. The STATE is suing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    NO. The last 5 to 8 years have been nothing but stank ass. Which makes me wonder why the design team is still here.

Any other company and they would be out on their ass on the curb. They suck. And I doubt I am the only one to think that they do.
    You're assuming the design team has creative freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Yes. The man ruined the game.

Again, I hope he's part of that several.
    You can say whatever you want about him ruining the game but to hope the man is responsible for making employees hate their lives by exerting force only paints you as a monster.

I hope you seek professional help as you clearly have projected a lot of negative emotions and feelings onto someone you don't know anything about. That's a dangerous place to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Looking back at the last 5-8 years, do you have faith in Blizzard making games worth playing?
    Yes, overwatch
    starcraft remake
    diablo remake
    world of warcraft legion
    hearthstone
    heroes of the storm
    starcraft 2 legacy of the void and heart of the swarm

they have made lots of good games in the last 5-8 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content