Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Bolded bit is how I feel about Tom Hardys Bane. He did spectacularly as who I lovingly refer to as Shadow-Breathey-Mask-Man. But Bane? Bane wasn't in the movie.
    I mean he wasn't even Bane in the slightest sense(not Hardys fault) as one of the signature things about Bane is the Venom he has coursing through him and yet in the trilogy he's just a strong guy who was in jail at some point that used a mask to breathe. Oh he broke Batman's back...

That doesn't quite fit the thread though as it has nothing to do with the actor because no matter who they put there it would still be the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Jason Mamoa as Aquaman. I'm somebody who knows Aquaman is an actual bonafide badass. Momoa is great at badasses, but he was wrong as Aquaman.
    He should have been Lobo. He looks like Lobo, and the way he played Aquaman is Lobo.
    Ah yeah, they were so afraid of Aquaman being a joke that they overcompensated so hard they made an entirely new character instead. Imagine if they would've had some actual knowledge of their characters - there's a reason he's been around for so long and is one of the big seven - and made a badass aquaman to disprove everyone who thought he would be a joke. Now that would've been interesting.

Also, yes to Momoa as Lobo. That's a pretty spot on casting.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    "Calmly" might work for a book description, but on screen it translates to "boring." The first Dumbledore actor bored me to tears and seemed entirely forgettable. At least the second one had personality and a commanding presence. I'm blessed with not having a slavish adherence to the books, so I was able to enjoy the screen adaptation for what it was--an ADAPTATION.
    Oh I was able to enjoy it quite as much as the next chap lol. Acknowledging obvious differences or inaccuracies doesn't make me enjoy an adaptation any less, which I certainly wouldn't consider slavish to the books by any stretch of imagining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Good movie but his acting in it doesn't really hold up today.
    But did it, then? I am not interested in crystal ball methods of determining acting.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    Emilia Clarke as Daenerys, but of course Jon Snow was even younger.

In the books shes like 12 years old. It didn't save her from getting plowed by Khal Drogo though.

Edit: A lot of the characters were much younger in the books now that I think of it
    they made the story happen a few years later, no one wanna see a grown man plow a 12 year old, if you do seek help

Brie Larson as Cpt Marvel, she just felt off, im nothing thinking about all the drama that followed, but she as a person you look at didnt fit at all, i can't put my finger on why or what specific that make me feel that way, she in that role just didnt work for me

Tom Hardy as Max Rockatansky (mad max), Tom Hardy is a great actor, but as Mad Max, that character is Mel Gibson as much as Rambo and Rocky is Sylvester Stallone or Hugh Jackman as Wolverine
    Last edited by Rageadon; 2021-08-31 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    But did it, then? I am not interested in crystal ball methods of determining acting.
    The acting was never the strong suit of the movie imo, everything else was good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Is that based on who Dean Cain is now? Because I watched that show in the 90s and he seemed okay-ish. It was clear he was never a meek, mild-mannered Clark Kent type, and his acting was a bit wooden, but everyone's acting was a bit wooden, it was primetime television in the 90s. Come to think of it, he didn't pull off a brave, kind Superman that well either.
    No no... nothing to do with his politics whatsoever. I just never felt his appearance or personality was very "Clark Kent/Superman". His acting wasn't HORRIBLE, per se... it just didn't really feel like the character to me. Brandon Routh (and yes, his foray as Superman was much, much later), was far and away a better casting for that role than Cain ever was.

Terry Hatcher was great as Lois Lane, even though she is not my most favorite of actresses. She was better suited for her role than Cain was for his.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    The entire cast of Avatar: The Last Airbender - movie
    Controversial opinion on my part - but I really don't get the logic of:

"The style & culture of the show was anime-based, therefore 100% of the characters in a live-action adaptation must be asian".

Seems stupid IMO. It's a fictional world.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Controversial opinion on my part - but I really don't get the logic of:

"The style & culture of the show was anime-based, therefore 100% of the characters in a live-action adaptation must be asian".

Seems stupid IMO. It's a fictional world.
    I mean it’s clearly based on certain cultures which were ignored

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean it’s clearly based on certain cultures which were ignored
    The culture has nothing to do with the ethnicity of the actors though. "People of X culture tend to be dark skinned in the real world, so a culture based on X in fiction should only use dark skinned actors" is kind of BS in my opinion.

You could have Japanese culture with ethnically Caucasian, African, or Native American -looking people on a fictional world. What does it matter?

Frankly, it stinks of *actual* racism (i.e. discriminating based on "race") to say that people of one race "own" a culture (i.e. a collection of behaviors) - and people who happen to have different ethnic traits are barred from it.

7+ Year Old Account
    on top of my head, the dude playing Shazan in the movie, awful.

The dude playing Super-man in this new tv show, that is just criminal, terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    No no... nothing to do with his politics whatsoever. I just never felt his appearance or personality was very "Clark Kent/Superman". His acting wasn't HORRIBLE, per se... it just didn't really feel like the character to me. Brandon Routh (and yes, his foray as Superman was much, much later), was far and away a better casting for that role than Cain ever was.

Terry Hatcher was great as Lois Lane, even though she is not my most favorite of actresses. She was better suited for her role than Cain was for his.
    I can't really think of a good Lois Lane. Amy Fischer's Lois in the Snyderverse is okay, I guess. The problem with the Lois in Smallville is that she shows up so late in the series and you're used to Clark and Lana that she just seems like an obstruction and forced onto Clark. I can't even remember the actress's name who played Lois in the Routh/Spacey Superman. Teri Hatcher was always the best Lois for me.

I don't really see the difference between Cain and Routh, tbh. The thing with Lois and Clark was that it was......super cheesy. The writing, the plotlines, the acting, all super cheese. Routh's Superman was much more serious and brooding, and then the Snyderverse kicked that up to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I can't really think of a good Lois Lane. Amy Fischer's Lois in the Snyderverse is okay, I guess. .
    You could've gotten the name more wrong I'm sure, but not much more.
    *chuckles*

...or was Amy Adams a murderess too?
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2021-09-03 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *chuckles*
    At least he put a "c" in the name, not that anybody remembers who Amy Fisher is any more.

Edit - ok one person remembers
    /s

Whoever that guy was protagonist in The Mask 2. Jim Carrey was perfect, but considered the plot of the film it's probably better he didn't want any part in it.
    Edit: after googling , Jim didn't want to star in a sequel to begin with , so it being awful is unrelated.
    Last edited by valax; 2021-09-04 at 09:56 PM.

Travis Fimmel as Anduin Lothar and Ben Foster as Medivh.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    At least he put a "c" in the name, not that anybody remembers who Amy Fisher is any more. Edit - ok one person remembers
    I might have overlooked it but I watched Adams Family 2 recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *chuckles*

...or was Amy Adams a murderess too?
    Oh jesus, I confused Amy Adams with Isla Fisher, and added a C. Damn redheads.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Whoever that guy was protagonist in The Mask 2. Jim Carrey was perfect, but considered the plot of the film it's probably better he didn't want any part in it
    Jamie Kennedy