Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    I play RDM and your post made me to count the amount of buttons I use.
    - 18 buttons just for the DPS rotation
    - 5 utility buttons
    - 2 less used but still useful buttons

Never though there are so many. Not that I feel uncomfortable with this.

For WHM I counted even more. Funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    MMO mouse is something i wouldnt trade away in any mmo game. its so good to have 3x9 buttons under your thumb with just ctrl and shift modifiers.
    I just wish more were like the OG Steelseries WoW one. I loved the button placement abd size if it..Mist i find have all the buttons grouped into a grid where i know i'll misclick more often then i ever should

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I just wish more were like the OG Steelseries WoW one. I loved the button placement abd size if it..Mist i find have all the buttons grouped into a grid where i know i'll misclick more often then i ever should
    You'd be surprised.

I thought the same thing about my Razer Naga. But it's VERY rare that I get a misclick. The only times I do is when I have to reset my hand quickly after taking it off the mouse to take a drink or something and don't take the ~1 second to re-settle my hand in the ready position before hitting the button.

Lesson - don't stop and drink in the middle of a fight. Other than that, I never misclick. I did when I was first learning, sure, that's just part of the learning curve but after a couple days of playing it was just second nature.

For my dragoon, the issue isn't the base rotation, but managing the buff windows with all of our off global cooldown abilities. Like it's actually insane how many abilities we need to fit in a 12 second buff timer without over-capping the GCDs. Our opener has 12 off GCD abilities.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2022-01-24 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    The GCD problem is also made worse by confirmation bias. Let's say a new player hears about how the GCD isn't that bad and the game feels a lot faster than it sounds, but then they play the game and it's...well, slow. Exactly as they had heard. It doesn't matter that, in fact, at max level you have some burst windows with insane button pressing.

I think that's a problem with this game overall...the early game is nothing like the endgame. Obviously that's true for all MMOs but it is almost a meme in Final Fantasy. Don't worry, combat gets better! Don't worry, the story gets better in Heavensward! It is a massive, massive time investment to get to these juicy bits and that is not good.

I like that they've taken some steps to address this but they really need to do more. That is a different topic though...sorry for straying.
    This is why I never played through ARR and bought a skip around Shadowbringers. ARR classes didn’t interest me. The jobs being required at 50 killed it for me later on, as I wanted Machinist. Imo the jobs weren’t interesting until endgame, so I noped out. I didn’t really join until ShB, and played even more with EW’s Reaper and better CD response times.

Friends that told me it’d get better got a little annoyed but frankly told them I didn’t give a shit.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    RDM is honestly fine and doesn't even have that many buttons to begin with. The best part of the job is that all of your builders behave the exact same way and just serve to build and balance your magic gauges. It's by far my favorite job in the game I've leveled thus far and it's pretty high up there in design even when I compare it to other MMOs. It's quick to pick up, easy to understand and is just fun. Dual cast is a simple yet fun concept which makes the job incredibly unique, and it's also not shit when doing synced content.

DRG is the exact opposite and while it's grown on me as I leveled it (88) I'm still not sure how I like the job overall. To each their own, but I honestly don't think chaos thrust and maintaining a DoT makes sense on DRG, and just serves to make the job far more busy than it already is. It overall just feels cumbersome, simply because there are loads of oGCD abilities and any oGCD ability that performs a jump animation can't be effectively dual weaved. Basically, half your oGCDs can be dual weaved, with the other half being single weaved.

So you end up with a job that's slow and boring when synced (IMO), a giant ST combo, and rules regarding which oGCD abilities you can use where. This isn't even getting into DRG having to delay their mirage dives a bit on their openers such that it syncs up with all your 1-2 minute CDs later in the fight. DRG is one of the only jobs where you go all out on the pull, with all of your CDs, and then purposely delay one of your abilities a bit so every window after your opener lines up properly with your CDs. It's not a huge deal, but if you're doing any raiding or trials, it would probably be annoying. It's a super flashy job once you hit the later levels.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You'd be surprised.

I thought the same thing about my Razer Naga. But it's VERY rare that I get a misclick. The only times I do is when I have to reset my hand quickly after taking it off the mouse to take a drink or something and don't take the ~1 second to re-settle my hand in the ready position before hitting the button.

Lesson - don't stop and drink in the middle of a fight. Other than that, I never misclick. I did when I was first learning, sure, that's just part of the learning curve but after a couple days of playing it was just second nature.
    Yeah, I've used naga since the beginning, and the only misclicks I ever have are when my thumb just ROLLS. The buttons all have a unique shape and feel to them. You'd THINK your fingers would get lost, but Razer did an amazing job designing the buttons so you know which one is which.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

A good few of them are pointless in raids. And most of these buttons are chains where you tap one after the other.