Poll: Do you think Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider should return and join the Horde?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Draka and the Burning Legion outpost?
    Pretty sure they still have yet to say what that was about? And since Revendreth has been invaded by the Naaru, pretty safe to say other lands can be invaded too.

Nope leave dead characters as dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Pretty sure they still have yet to say what that was about? And since Revendreth has been invaded by the Naaru, pretty safe to say other lands can be invaded too.
    9.1 confirms Azgoth's world, the place Illdian and his DHs attacked, is the same place Draka infiltrated.

^ Afterlives: Maldraxxus shows Akarek and Draka stealing a map from a demon citadel on an unspecified jungle world, but the scene reuses a shot of three felguards from Harbingers - Illidan. In an interview with Screen Rant, Steve Danuser stated that the reused shot is an intentional reference to Harbingers.[2] Patch 9.1 added the [Azgoth's Tattered Maps] item, whose flavor text states that it was "Obtained by The House of Eyes", ostensibly confirming that Azgoth's world and the world that Akarek and Draka visited are the same.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Azgoth
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

5+ Year Old Account
    No, let the dead remain dead ffs. Death is meaningless enough as it is, the last thing the story needs is to have old dinosaurs like Kael or Uther running around. Why? Because they would provide nothing of value to the story, unless writers Mary Sue'd the hell out of them.

Writers should definitely let go the WC3 teat, especially when they feel that whatever remains of the old lore "constrains" them. Then they should write their own story, without resorting to dented, worn out, 20+ years old crutches like Jaina or Thrall.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-08-28 at 11:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

He's dead and currently repenting for his sins. After that he'll either stay in Revendreth or go off to another Afterlife.
    Blizzard literally just brought Sylvannas back to life with their shitty writing, don't ever underestimate blizzard resolve and lack of imagination that they won't use the shadowlands as a means of bringing back dead characters because they are unable to think up new ones.

Having a final conversation between him and the BE leadership, where he admits his mistakes and they part on better terms as he returns to serve his sentence in Revendreth, would be the best ending for Kael'thas. Redemption actually done right. Him returning would suck, he's dead and should stay dead.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Blizzard literally just brought Sylvannas back to life with their shitty writing
    Do you have a source on that? Or are you wrongly assuming getting a shard of your soul back means you're no longer Undead?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Do you have a source on that? Or are you wrongly assuming getting a shard of your soul back means you're no longer Undead?
    Which has already been proven not to be the case as we’ve given Uther his shared back and he’s still very much dead and Kyrian.

We're trying to get rid of all the war criminals that Blizzard keep hoisting on us, not add to them. How about no.

No. He's dead, let him atone for his sins for the next hundred years in the shadowlands.

For another character I'd say no, death should mean something. But because it's Kael'thas and setbacks are already a meme for him, I wouldn't mind him coming back in his new vampire-looking form.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

I like him, but he's so dead I'd rather he stayed bound to the Shadowlands. I once had his head in my character's backpack and I've farmed him in two locations, for the Ashes mount and that sin'dorei transformation orb.

Also, I don't want a reminder of yet another Blizz knee-jerk reaction, which is probably the biggest factor to seal my stance on Kael.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Yes He should. He is the true heir of the throne to Silvermoon. The Horde can only benefit from him joining us. I greatly support Kael'thas being Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    No, let the dead remain dead ffs. Death is meaningless enough as it is, the last thing the story needs is to have old dinosaurs like Kael or Uther running around. Why? Because they would provide nothing of value to the story, unless writers Mary Sue'd the hell out of them.

Writers should definitely let go the WC3 teat, especially when they feel that whatever remains of the old lore "constrains" them. Then they should write their own story, without resorting to dented, worn out, 20+ years old crutches like Jaina or Thrall.
    I disagree. Lor'themar is a who? Kael'thas is the true bloodelf leader. Nothing will ever change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Yes He should. He is the true heir of the throne to Silvermoon. The Horde can only benefit from him joining us. I greatly support Kael'thas being Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. Lor'themar is a who? Kael'thas is the true bloodelf leader. Nothing will ever change that.
    Yes, yes, that's nice dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    No, he should join the Alliance and specifically the Ren'dorei.

Magister Umbric can be seen as a parallel to Kael'thas.

Both are brilliant Magisters.

Both sought to use a dark power to save their homeland after the Scourge invaded (the Void in Umbric's case, the Fel in Kael'thas' case).

Both were betrayed by the faction they thought they could trust.

So it is only natural that Kael'thas will see himself in Magister Umbric, and join the Ren'dorei to become a Child of the Void, united in the Void, and reforged by the Void. That will also give Alleria even more leverage on the throne of Quel'Thalas when the time comes.
    Spout your voidelf headcanon somewhere else. Kael will never be alliance. Accept that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Yes, yes, that's nice dear.
    Its not just nice. It is the future. We were robbed back in TBC. Now is the time to make things right for Blizzard. Give us back our true leader. We want and need Kael'thas. Now.

- - - Updated - - -

No, he died a traitor to the Blood Elves after he and the wretched Felbloods attacked Silvermoon and it's Blood Knights.

It's time to leave all those from the Shadowlands, in the Shadowlands. That's Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, Uther, Ysera - hell, let's keep Tyrande and Sylvanas in there as well. We all need a break from them two wack-jobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    This expansion should not be used as a vehicle to bring dead characters back to life. It should be used to give their stories proper closure.

I love Kael'thas, and his involvement in Revendreth has done a lot to amend what was wrong with his appearance in BC.

He should remain in Revendreth as a future Harvester, which is already hinted at in the latest story patch.

The one exception I'd make is if they find a way to work the Covenant races into the game as Allied Races, in which case he'd make an excellent envoy for the venthyr, along with Draka as envoy for the maldraxxi, Ysera as envoy for the sylvar, and Uther as envoy for the kyrian. Even then they should remain in the Shadowlands as faction subleaders, not actually directly involved in the matters of mortals.

Its not just nice. It is the future. We were robbed back in TBC. Now is the time to make things right for Blizzard. Give us back our true leader. We want and need Kael'thas. Now.
    Yes dear, whatever you say dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    No, he died a traitor to the Blood Elves after he and the wretched Felbloods attacked Silvermoon and it's Blood Knights.

It's time to leave all those from the Shadowlands, in the Shadowlands. That's Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, Uther, Ysera - hell, let's keep Tyrande and Sylvanas in there as well. We all need a break from them two wack-jobs.
    He died being wasted by the story. But bad writing can be fixed. Shadowlands can be the expansion that fixes the things Blizzard did wrong back then. I Sure hope that my favorite character can be part of the bigger story again. Not like that travesty of Patch 2.4.

He died being wasted by the story. But bad writing can be fixed. Shadowlands can be the expansion that fixes the things Blizzard did wrong back then. I Sure hope that my favorite character can be part of the bigger story again. Not like that travesty of Patch 2.4.
    Shadowlands is a disaster. A disaster - put it in the past and move forward with all due haste.

It's everything that Dasuner and his little gang of those who likes the things he likes.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-08-31 at 06:52 PM.