Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oregon in trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Oregon in trouble.

Notre Dame took care of Virginia easily, nice to see.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Wheregon in trouble
    Oh, Conf already spamming that. Nvm

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Wheregon in trouble
    Oh, Conf already spamming that. Nvm
    We brought it home. WSU and Oregon have a very storied history. I'm glad to see how well we handled them outside of that 2nd quarter.

- - - Updated - - -

Should be some fun times next week in Salt Lake City and then again in Las Vegas. Oregon locked up the North with this win. Looks like Utah will clinch the South with a win against Colorado, setting aside next weeks game's shenanigans.

CBS is projecting 2 loss Bama to get in over undefeated Cincy, Notre Dame, Big 12 Champ, and PAC 12 champ.

I have a real hard time seeing a 2 loss team that didn’t win its conference get in. One loss, sure you had a bad day. But two losses, sorry you didn’t do it this year.

I believe Bama is probably better than those other teams but at some point losses should matter. The better team getting upset and knocked out is a fun part of sports, and I’d be worried if the committee’s efforts to figure out who is actually better, instead of who won games, detracts from that.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    We brought it home. WSU and Oregon have a very storied history. I'm glad to see how well we handled them outside of that 2nd quarter.

- - - Updated - - -

Should be some fun times next week in Salt Lake City and then again in Las Vegas. Oregon locked up the North with this win. Looks like Utah will clinch the South with a win against Colorado, setting aside next weeks game's shenanigans.
    Literally all Utah needs is one win or one ASU loss

- - - Updated - - -

also of course Conf and muto would be running with the 2 big 10 and 2 sec narrative lmao

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

it's beginning to smell a lot like ROASTED DUCK

- - - Updated - - -

Utah opens as 2.5 point favorite in vegas

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Literally all Utah needs is one win or one ASU loss

- - - Updated - - -

also of course Conf and muto would be running with the 2 big 10 and 2 sec narrative lmao
    Even Conif is admitting that a 2-loss 'Bama doesn't make sense going in. Frankly, if Oregon makes it in, I'd love for them to hit Alabama. Georgia, Oregon, Alabama, OSU - good times.

it's beginning to smell a lot like ROASTED DUCK

- - - Updated - - -

Utah opens as 2.5 point favorite in vegas
    Never tell me the odds!

Seriously though, I'd rather be going in as the underdogs. And [knocks wood] we have been on the upswing over the past few weeks, including putting up 300+ yards in each of our last two games. How is Utah's run defense been lately?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    CBS is projecting 2 loss Bama to get in over undefeated Cincy, Notre Dame, Big 12 Champ, and PAC 12 champ.

I have a real hard time seeing a 2 loss team that didn’t win its conference get in. One loss, sure you had a bad day. But two losses, sorry you didn’t do it this year.

I believe Bama is probably better than those other teams but at some point losses should matter. The better team getting upset and knocked out is a fun part of sports, and I’d be worried if the committee’s efforts to figure out who is actually better, instead of who won games, detracts from that.
    I appreciate your point about a 2-loss team making it ahead of other undefeateds or 1-loss. But frankly, CBS is on crack. Alabama barely got by LSU, lost to the Aggies, and is going to have their asses handed to them by Georgia.

And I don't think Alabama is better than those other teams. I'll keep banging this drum, but they barely escaped a team that couldn't field enough players to practice the week before. And 'Bama only put up 6 yards rushing. That can't be said enough: 6 fucking yards rushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post

I do think they should get the nod over Cincy, and Notre Dame, but probably not Big 12 Champ (with 1 loss), or Oregon (1 loss). The only way is if they have a close game with Georgia.

5+ Year Old Account
    This week’s AP Top 25 poll

1-Georgia
    2-Alabama
    3-Cincinnati
    4-Oregon
    5-OhioSt
    6-NotreDame
    7-MichSt
    8-Michigan
    9-OklaSt
    10-OleMiss
    11-Baylor
    12-OU
    13-Wake
    14-BYU
    15-UTSA
    16-A&M
    17-Houston
    18-Iowa
    19-Wisconsin
    20-Pitt
    21-Arkansas
    22-Louisiana
    23-SanDiegoSt
    24-Utah
    25-NCSt

- - - Updated - - -

I expect to see 3ish Pac12 teams in the CFP rankings: Utah, ASU, Oregon.

- - - Updated - - -

Even Conif is admitting that a 2-loss 'Bama doesn't make sense going in. Frankly, if Oregon makes it in, I'd love for them to hit Alabama. Georgia, Oregon, Alabama, OSU - good times.

Never tell me the odds!

Seriously though, I'd rather be going in as the underdogs. And [knocks wood] we have been on the upswing over the past few weeks, including putting up 300+ yards in each of our last two games. How is Utah's run defense been lately?
    156.6 average last three games. Though UCLA inflates that number by a ton. Stanford had 104, Zona had 86.

Line up to Utah favored by 3

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I expect to see 3ish Pac12 teams in the CFP rankings: Utah, ASU, Oregon.
    That would be nice.

156.6 average last three games. Though UCLA inflates that number by a ton. Stanford had 104, Zona had 86.

Line up to Utah favored by 3
    Expect that number to be "inflated" again.

5+ Year Old Account
    That would be nice.

Expect that number to be "inflated" again.
    You lost to Stanford lmao try again

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You lost to Stanford lmao try again
    Yeah...Stanford has a lovely history of fucking with us. Reminder you lost to the Beavers, SDSU, and BYU. The list might go on....

Still - Oregon has been on a very nice upswing, offense going well, defense holding strong. Should be a good game.

5+ Year Old Account

Still - Oregon has been on a very nice upswing, offense going well, defense holding strong. Should be a good game.
    Utah's been on an upswing since Cam Rising entered the SDSU game

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Utah's been on an upswing since Cam Rising entered the SDSU game
    Except for yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

All joshing aside, I've noticed something about teams visiting ASU/UA - they tend to not show as well as they should have. Because the Utes were on fire the week before, and they have been on an upswing. I always wondered if that "dry heat" climate fucks with teams that aren't used to it.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-11-14 at 10:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It hit 90 degrees today, mid November and it hit 90. If they're not used to it now they'd better get used to it because most of the southwest is gonna be like this before long.
    /s

5+ Year Old Account
    Except for yesterday.
    468 total yards, 294 though the air, 174 on the ground. Almost unheard of even for the 2018-2019 teams. If THAT is struggling, I don't want to know what being on fire looks like

- - - Updated - - -

All joshing aside, I've noticed something about teams visiting ASU/UA - they tend to not show as well as they should have. Because the Utes were on fire the week before, and they have been on an upswing. I always wondered if that "dry heat" climate fucks with teams that aren't used to it.
    I think it's more of a latitude, time of year, time of day thing. Also a battling the refs thing

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It hit 90 degrees today, mid November and it hit 90. If they're not used to it now they'd better get used to it because most of the southwest is gonna be like this before long.
    Just brutal - and yeah, it's not going to get any better. And it's a one-way advantage, too. Unless it's raining during the games up north of course. But then again, it never rains in Autzen Stadium.

And even then, rain is significantly different than that dry suffocating heat.

- - - Updated - - -

468 total yards, 294 though the air, 174 on the ground. Almost unheard of even for the 2018-2019 teams. If THAT is struggling, I don't want to know what being on fire looks like
    468 yards total offense "unheard of"? Maybe you should expand what you mean.

I think it's more of a latitude, time of year, time of day thing.
    I think it's just a latitude/environment thing. Hot dry weather down there, not so much up here.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-11-15 at 03:39 AM.

O.o somehow Clemson is being given the edge over Wake next week as the favorite to win. I mean I'd love for Clemson to win out but come on... with how our offense is I just don't see it. If we had even an average offense we would be undefeated with our defense /sigh.

also if Cinncy wins out and doesn't make the CFP I hope the G5 tell the rankings and CFP to shove off and host their own natty. How can those programs grow if not given a fair chance to make it. As for them getting in and getting destroyed by UGA, yeah that will happen regardless of who gets UGA in the first round.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

5+ Year Old Account

I already did, you just neglected to use reading skills

- - - Updated - - -

Also inb4 Oregon can't handle Kickboi7

- - - Updated - - -

Just brutal - and yeah, it's not going to get any better. And it's a one-way advantage, too. Unless it's raining during the games up north of course. But then again, it never rains in Autzen Stadium.

And even then, rain is significantly different than that dry suffocating heat.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's just a latitude/environment thing. Hot dry weather down there, not so much up here.
    3 missed targeting calls and Covey dropping balls because he's having to stare into the sun say hello

Looks like Oregon is having turnover trouble. 500 more yards between its offensive leaders, but 7 fewer TDs
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2021-11-15 at 04:54 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I already did, you just neglected to use reading skills
    If you're responding that way, we can stop this now - I won't be playing the "just read what I said" game with you, at all. Please elaborate your point, because I'm seeing plenty of games, this year, with more than 468 yards total offense, in the Pac-12.

Also inb4 Oregon can't handle Kickboi7
    Ok, who is Kickboi7?

3 missed targeting calls and Covey dropping balls because he's having to stare into the sun say hello
    Really doubt they missed three targeting calls. The refs have been over calling that, if anything, this year.

5+ Year Old Account
    If you're responding that way, we can stop this now - I won't be playing the "just read what I said" game with you, at all. Please elaborate your point, because I'm seeing plenty of games, this year, with more than 468 yards total offense, in the Pac-12.
    Utah offenses usually do not put out this much yardage, even the aforementioned 2018-19 teams

Ok, who is Kickboi7?
    Cam Rising's gamertag is THICCBOI7.
    We call him Kickboi7 when he does quick kicks.

Really doubt they missed three targeting calls. The refs have been over calling that, if anything, this year.
    Please, please, please watch the Utah Arizona game from this saturday

- - - Updated - - -

Once again 3 Utah TEs in the top 6 graded PAC12 TEs this week