Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Really? I leave my hotel, drive five hours to the Grand Canyon, spend two hours there, and drive five hours back, and look for my phone cord for two hours only to find you making my argument for me?
    Why would ANY P5 need to beef up their schedule with a tough OOC game?
    They don't. 10 char.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    They don't. 10 char.
    Then, with this in mind, how do you expect G5s to increase their SOS by playing a P5?

Then, with this in mind, how do you expect G5s to increase their SOS by playing a P5?
    G5’s need to play P5’s. Not the other way around lol.

G5’s increase their resume strength by playing P5’s, because P5’s are stronger.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-10-08 at 09:57 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

Okay, that doesn't change my question or point one bit. How do you expect G5s to schedule P5s if P5s don't want to or need to increase their SOS

Okay, that doesn't change my question or point one bit. How do you expect G5s to schedule P5s if P5s don't want to or need to increase their SOS
    Pay them more. Money talks.

5+ Year Old Account

You haven't read a goddamn thing in the past 120 posts have you

- - - Updated - - -

Pay them more. Money talks.
    Money which *checks notes* needs to be generated by media agreements and playoff spots... mmmkay

You haven't read a goddamn thing in the past 120 posts have you

- - - Updated - - -

Money which *checks notes* needs to be generated by media agreements and playoff spots... mmmkay
    Playoff spots is such a small portion of revenue. Also ticket sales which you conveniently left out as well as merchandise and concession sales.

Also they’d be on t.v. if they scheduled good Power 5 teams as well lol or were ranked. Being ranked is pretty much a guarantee to be on t.v., and you don’t need to be in a Power 5 to get ranked. Most conferences also have their own t.v. deals.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-10-09 at 03:07 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Playoff spots is such a small portion of revenue. Also ticket sales which you conveniently left out as well as merchandise and concession sales.

Also they’d be on t.v. if they scheduled good Power 5 teams as well lol or were ranked. Being ranked is pretty much a guarantee to be on t.v., and you don’t need to be in a Power 5 to get ranked. Most conferences also have their own t.v. deals.
    Concession sales?
    LMAO
    Whole lot of "I know because I know" in your post
    A lot of damned good G5s are lucky to get on ESPN2 or The Mountain. Don't kid yourself.
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2021-10-09 at 04:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that one time both TCU and Boisie (same conference btw) were highly ranked in the BCS and as such deserved a reputable bowl game, but the powers that be shoved them into the same bowl instead of vs P5 teams? Yeah, that kind of shit is why muto's argumentation is nonsensical. And before I get any "but they arent as good as p5 teams", the next year TCU beat Wisconsin for fuck sake in the Rose Bowl.

Anyways, its now saturday. Thusly, these arguments can wait while we watch teams play!

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Remember that one time both TCU and Boisie (same conference btw) were highly ranked in the BCS and as such deserved a reputable bowl game, but the powers that be shoved them into the same bowl instead of vs P5 teams? Yeah, that kind of shit is why muto's argumentation is nonsensical. And before I get any "but they arent as good as p5 teams", the next year TCU beat Wisconsin for fuck sake in the Rose Bowl.

Anyways, its now saturday. Thusly, these arguments can wait while we watch teams play!
    Once again upsets happen, it's sports. It doesn't mean they're the better team. And they won by two whole points. They also weren't better than Auburn or Oregon that year either. Good for TCU though for joining a Power 5 though, and the weakest one, which they've only "won" once, they tied with Baylor in 2014. That conference is also cooked once Texas, and Oklahoma leave, especially when the Big 10 will probably snatch Kansas, and possibly Oklahoma State to open their viewership markets.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-10-09 at 06:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ABC really dropping the ball by not showing us animals running loose on the field.
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    @Crissi you gotta be lovin' this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    @Crissi you gotta be lovin' this game.
    2nd quarter not looking as fun so far.
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    2nd quarter not looking as fun so far.
    Indeed. Crissi might be gunning for me if this goes south. Jinxing is a thing.

5+ Year Old Account

Shit, and this is in the TOP OF THE SECOND QUARTER

- - - Updated - - -

35-17 Texas rn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Indeed. Crissi might be gunning for me if this goes south. Jinxing is a thing.
    Thumb seems to be OK, maybe you're off the hook.
    /s

5+ Year Old Account
    35-20 now.

- - - Updated - - -

38-23 currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't trust us one little bit lol

5+ Year Old Account
    Game getting close. @Crissi want me to hold @cubby down for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please.