Poll: How long sepulcher raid will last?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Sepulcher world first race duration

So, what are your bet?

With the last 3 bosses being gated and only openning when Mythic opens, guilds wont have a time to train tactics and comps on it, just the theorical, except for some reason allow the last boss to be tested on ptr.

I would say a 2 week race, but 3 week is possible

Depends on the tuning. If Anduin actually ends up being endboss level difficult and Zovaal is even harder, then yes I could see it lasting 2 weeks and maybe enter a 3rd if boss 9 and 10 are also a good challenge. If the tuning sucks and Anduin is just a Painsmith level wall, I still expect a longer duration than usual, maybe in the tail end of week 2. We also have to consider a bit that they cant really practise the last 3 on heroic since they won't be out until mythic launches. There's also 1 extra boss compared to the previous 2 raids. It's gonna be interesting how this turns out regardless.

Edit: voted 3 weeks because im hopeful. Would be cool to follow and I really hope Anduin is endboss level, boss 9 and 10 are ~100 pull bosses too and Zovaal turns out to be Uunat difficulty.

3 weeks would be an epic fail on Blizzards part.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Hard to vote on the poll because we don't know yet whether the last three bosses will be gated on Mythic. If yes, then it could go to three weeks. If no, then I'd vote two.
    They never even gave the slightest hint that they would so not sure why you're insinuating that. They flat out said they were gating them on heroic so that there wouldn't be practice on them via heroic which means that there shouldn't be gating on mythic....

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    They never even gave the slightest hint that they would so not sure why you're insinuating that. They flat out said they were gating them on heroic so that there wouldn't be practice on them via heroic which means that there shouldn't be gating on mythic....
    They said the reason for gating was actually story.
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/sepulch...duin-in-324846

2 weeks if they are not tested on PTR which would actually make the bosses interesting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Blizzard has thrown wrenches in the works in the past; just saying that until we know the full picture it's hard to make an accurate guess.
    I mean just as easily as you said that I could say that mythic will have 3 different time gates. There is no real plausibility to your statement as there isn't with mine.

None of the last 4 bosses are going to be on PTR at all.

4+weeks. They will have 0 knowledge of any fight.

blizzard told already that mythic will have all bosses up when its unlock... just heroic have that time gate

Late second week of mythic if they really aren't testing the latter bosses & not unlocking them during HC week. There's always the dungeon journal to extrapolate ideas from, so it should be interesting to see how the guilds prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    lol that's horrifying, but I guess WF raiders are used to being beta testers so it doesn't matter if it is in PTR or live
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    lol that's horrifying, but I guess WF raiders are used to being beta testers so it doesn't matter if it is in PTR or live
    And we get the added bonus of "fcking Blizard has fixed (obvious bug in the untested encounter), catering to the (US/EU) again". Oh joy.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post

4+weeks. They will have 0 knowledge of any fight.
    Has this been confirmed?

3 weeks if thry got guts. Else 2 weeks

Isn't 1 week impossible? Why even add it to the options?

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    For Mythic no, since all boss is up when Mythic is released

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Nope. Raid schedule is essentially.

Week 1 of raid opening = normal and heroic upto Anduin (not sure if this is week 2 of patch or not though)
    Week 2 of raid opening = normal and heroic second part opens. All of mythic (boss 1 to end) opens

Impossible to say. It's going to depend entirely on the tuning, since if the fights are easier than they should be, it won't matter if they didn't get to test them. But I'd guess that it at least lasts beyond the reset. The unfamiliarity with the fights will definitely be an issue, but these people are practiced enough at this that they'll develop viable strategies quickly enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    as has been the way since time began, the 'best' gear by and large has come from the final boss or two of a raid instance, sometimes the final 'wing' in the larger ones, meaning by virtue of them being gate AT ALL, they are already gate for 'mythic week' because people won't have access to the gear that would normally allow them to get that power spike to push past the earlier bosses with ease, also if they are hard gating like this, it's likely they won't be doing ANY raid testing on them otherwise what's the point in gating them, making it another cockblock for mythic, so yeah, for all intents and purposes it's mythic gated already just by virtue of how they are trying to do it.