Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Well I support Newsom and Whitmer. And I was referring to the vaccine mandates, lockdowns and mask.

Again which I agree with. My point is the same people who bitched about them support guys like Desabtis and Abbot
    Those aren't over-reach. Those are responses to emergencies which is something we empower our governments to do. Yes, that can be abused but I don't see Whitmer and Newsom doing that. A malign response to an emergency would be DeSantis and his Regeneron scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Well I support Newsom and Whitmer. And I was referring to the vaccine mandates, lockdowns and mask.

Again which I agree with. My point is the same people who bitched about them support guys like Desabtis and Abbot
    It was only considered overreach because the GOP controls the congress and curtailed the same powers they gave Republican governors. So not an overreach in MI at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Those aren't over-reach. Those are responses to emergencies which is something we empower our governments to do. Yes, that can be abused but I don't see Whitmer and Newsom doing that. A malign response to an emergency would be DeSantis and his Regeneron scheme.
    Overreach was removing control of city governance from citizens because the state said they were bad at running the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    It was only considered overreach because the GOP controls the congress and curtailed the same powers they gave Republican governors. So not an overreach in MI at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Overreach was removing control of city governance from citizens because the state said they were bad at running the city.
    All the while screaming that DC shouldn’t tell the states what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    All the while screaming that DC shouldn’t tell the states what to do.
    Yup. Anyone who is or identifies as conservative has zero credibility. Not one.

Just because it's fun to point out the hypocrisy and to show, once again, how dumb Texans are here's the gov on freedom of choice.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriff...5Es1_&ref_url=

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    better make the dad cough up child support then.
    At this point, we're beyond child support. If they're going to mandate women become mothers then it's well past time we mandate men become fathers--50% of responsibility across the board, 50% of sick days, doctors appointments, playdates, figuring out childcare, school vacations, feeding, bathing, shuttling, etc., etc., etc. 50% of actual parenting, not just a monthly check for a percentage of income, assuming they have any, assuming they pay it. If men's lives were circumscribed *50%* as much as women's are by having children--what we expect women to do 100% of, short of voluntary buy-in from the father--I imagine the conversation would be very different.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Just because it's fun to point out the hypocrisy and to show, once again, how dumb Texans are here's the gov on freedom of choice.

I'm more inclined to think they know what they're doing. They're not stupid, but just evil motherfuckers.

10+ Year Old Account

The problem is they see it as protecting the choice of the unborn. So they don't think there is any hypocrisy there.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

No, they're coopting the pro-choice language on purpose. It's manipulative, not stupid.

They think that comparing their decision to spread the plague to a woman's decision to not carry a pregnancy to term is a gotcha. But I think we should go with them on this one. How many people can you kill by walking infected into a crowded room and coughing all over the place, vs how many "people" can a woman kill over her lifetime if she terminates every pregnancy she experiences.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-09-10 at 01:47 PM.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/9/9/22...ed-greg-abbott

Buckle up mmo champion. I am coming after you(after I move to texas first)

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/9/9/22...ed-greg-abbott Buckle up mmo champion. I am coming after you(after I move to texas first)
    Won't survive any court challenges. Hell, not even the most right-wing judge will have the stones to rule that private companies can't run their business.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/9/9/22...ed-greg-abbott

Buckle up mmo champion. I am coming after you(after I move to texas first)
    Good thing people are kicked off and banned for ToS infractions.

Texas pisses away so much money on shit that's going to get smacked down in the courts. The Republicans here are the ultimate idiots.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Is Abbott trying to set a record for most unconstitutional legislation signed into law?
    It's a legislative year (they only meet every other year here) and it's re-election time. After last year when covid-19 first hit and he sorta acted like a human he has to shore up the Trump base so the trumpster that is threatening his position doesn't split the vote and cause the governors position to go to a Democrat potentially.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    It's a legislative year (they only meet every other year here) and it's re-election time. After last year when covid-19 first hit and he sorta acted like a human he has to shore up the Trump base so the trumpster that is threatening his position doesn't split the vote and cause the governors position to go to a Democrat potentially.
    Texas Republicans know Texas is beginning to move toward being a blue state and they are fighting tooth and nail to keep it red and avoid losing power.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Texas Republicans know Texas is beginning to move toward being a blue state and they are fighting tooth and nail to keep it red and avoid losing power.
    The ultimate irony being their "no taxes for 10 years" businesses if you come here escalated that...but they realized years ago that O&G only wasn't going to be a viable economic model. Imagine the humiliation of being called the 'Venezuela of the US' if that happened.

10+ Year Old Account

They aren't "dumb". This isn't an accident or error of reasoning.

The cruelty is the point. It's intentional and deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They aren't "dumb". This isn't an accident or error of reasoning.

The cruelty is the point. It's intentional and deliberate.
    I fully understand cruelty is the point. I've been screaming that for over 30 years to deaf ears. To the average person it just looks like foolish hypocrisy and dumb politicians. I do have no doubt if Abbott tries to sue the Biden administration rule on vaccination or testing mandates, his words will be used against him in the abortion ban fight. Which, IMO, makes him an idiot for undermining his own position.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    It's amazing how proud people are of their ignorance of:
    -contraception
    -when you know you are pregnant
    -how pregnancy tests work
    Knowing those things would require knowing women. In the biblical sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    It's amazing how proud people are of their ignorance of:
    -contraception
    -when you know you are pregnant
    -how pregnancy tests work
    -what science says about life beginning

And yet....no self awareness will ever creep in to cause a pause and thought of "well maybe I should do some research before continuing to spout off"
    It really isn't amazing. People like that only view women as property to make babies for them. They have zero interest in knowledge of most things let alone women and things related to women. All they want is their gratification. Anything outside if that bubble is pointless. So understanding how a womans body works other than being their penis holster, is beyond them because they choose to be ignorant about it.

It's probably why most are incels.

lel
    That law couldn't be Abbot trying to shove his head up Trumps ass anymore than it is.
    Sans literally sticking it up there.

Man for the party of less government, they sure don't seem to understand what less government means.

I've never seen such a blatant example of "daddy look at me, aren't you proud!"
    It's fucking North Korea levels of deal leader cult followers gross.

On a scale of 1 to Kim Jong Un, how much do you love Trump?