Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I remember that, they used some sort of jumping hack so the fall damage would kill them. Gold selling bots would also be spamming /2 constantly.
    Yup. And then GMs would have to waste time despawning all the bodies/skeletons as then babysit the area for a while rather than being able to help other players.

I've never had boost-seller bots whispering me directly like gold sellers used to do back in Vanilla. I've also never had quests made nearly impossible because boost-spammer bots had covered the area with hunters.
    Amen to that.

The other thing I forgot to mention in that post as well is Blizzard formalized a gray area of buying game time too. A former guild mate back in BC/Wrath fell on hard times so WoW was what kept him sane but it was not financially feasible for him to actually subscribe. So, over Ventrillo, he would simply go to a gold selling site, get the amount of gold that a game time card would cost, then someone would buy one and he'd trade them the gold for the code. We did not know he was doing this at the time. We were just buying the codes because we liked playing with him and he was a damn good healer (Side Note: His BC healing test for new recruits was the best one I had ever seen... outheal the new folks in T4-5 gear wearing T2 gear from BWL). We just thought the gold was a "thank you".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    They are selling power via gold... only thing left is for blizzard to directly sell you mythic raid gear. It's the only line in the sand they haven't crossed.
    and when that happens the riots will happen. Remember RealID on Blizzard Forums?

This will make that look like a beach campfire.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    and when that happens the riots will happen. Remember RealID on Blizzard Forums?

This will make that look like a beach campfire.
    It already has effectively people just do mental gymnastics thinking its different because a single step is added to it.

It already has effectively people just do mental gymnastics thinking its different because a single step is added to it.
    Except they aren't and it's a frankly disingenuous argument to say they are. There is no "extra step." Anybody buying boosts with WoW token gold is a complete fucking moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Except they aren't and it's a frankly disingenuous argument to say they are. There is no "extra step." Anybody buying boosts with WoW token gold is a complete fucking moron.
    Agreed but there have been 1437 morons this week so far that have bought runs via token on my single carry discord and monday is a busy night as people wait till near reset.

Sure a couple might of farmed the gold but given the usual boosters gear I doubt it.

Agreed but there have been 1437 morons this week so far that have bought runs via token on my single carry discord and monday is a busy night as people wait till near reset.

Sure a couple might of farmed the gold but given the usual boosters gear I doubt it.
    How do you know the people you're boosting got the gold from tokens? Most boosting communities I've seen (especially the ones with Chinese names) have RMT services. Simply because they pay you, the boosters, with gold certainly doesn't mean they're getting that gold from tokens.

How do you know the people you're boosting got the gold from tokens? Most boosting communities I've seen (especially the ones with Chinese names) have RMT services. Simply because they pay you, the boosters, with gold certainly doesn't mean they're getting that gold from tokens.
    I mean they have no achievements, blue/green gear or at times lfr gear. Sure maybe they farm up the gold but it isnt likely. I don't interview them of course but simply playing the game for the amount of time it takes to get the gold for the boost should have them in better gear then they have.

I mean they have no achievements, blue/green gear or at times lfr gear. Sure maybe they farm up the gold but it isnt likely. I don't interview them of course but simply playing the game for the amount of time it takes to get the gold for the boost should have them in better gear then they have.
    I don't think you understood the question. You're getting paid in gold but you have no way to know where the gold is coming from. Assuming it's from tokens is fine but I'm just pointing out the very real fact that a lot of boosting communities have RMT options that are often a far more attractive offer for a boostee than waiting four hours at a time for WoW tokens to sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    ye it sucks u can use real money,but blizzard has to make some money of it,if it was just gold to tokens they would lose milions of subs worth of $
    Piss off with this bootlicking nonsense.

They're a billion dollar company. If they cant afford to keep the game running while providing players with content they want, then the onus is on Activision and their allotment of resources, not the players for not spending enough money ontop of their subs. For fuck's sake, people, how have we gotten to this point?
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

People still buy gold post-token. It's just called boosting these days. Nobody has time to wait for the 100+ WoW tokens it'd take to buy a Mythic Sylvanas boost. (You'd literally have to buy a token once every four hours for nearly a month to afford it.) So instead of doing this, for the same amount of money (often less) they go to any one of the Chinese "boosting communities" and buy the service for cash. Since these boosting communities are flush with virtual currency, they simply convert your cash deposit into WoW gold that's then paid out to raiders boosting you. The WoW token hasn't legitimized boosting any more than it was prior to its existence. The only thing the WoW token does is give players an opportunity to pay for their subscription with in-game currency. The idea that the token is bad or that its removal would have anything other than a negative impact on the game as a whole is frankly hilarious.
    Love how you use Mythic boosts in your example. On my realm 99% of boosters for gold were only offering normal and heroic. Well the ones clogging up LFG anyways. A few token are more than enough to buy those and most people will be doing that. No doubt there are a few sad acts paying real life cash for those but most will be buyng normal/heroic.

I don't think you understood the question. You're getting paid in gold but you have no way to know where the gold is coming from. Assuming it's from tokens is fine but I'm just pointing out the very real fact that a lot of boosting communities have RMT options that are often a far more attractive offer for a boostee than waiting four hours at a time for WoW tokens to sell.
    I know the community I use doesn't allow it and I'm on of the higher tier members selling all forms of content barring pvp ( though I know a few of them) the community does not deal in rmt.

If they get it they get it before they hit us but most I honestly believe use the token. We set our prices based off of token value.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Love how you use Mythic boosts in your example. On my realm 99% of boosters for gold were only offering normal and heroic. Well the ones clogging up LFG anyways. A few token are more than enough to buy those and most people will be doing that. No doubt there are a few sad acts paying real life cash for those but most will be buyng normal/heroic.
    That's a nice anecdotal take that has absolutely no way to ever be verified by anybody. Meanwhile, all you have to do google "WoW boost" and you'll see what I was referring to. /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

I know the community I use doesn't allow it and I'm on of the higher tier members selling all forms of content barring pvp ( though I know a few of them) the community does not deal in rmt.

If they get it they get it before they hit us but most I honestly believe use the token. We set our prices based off of token value.
    Again, these boosting communities aren't stupid. They'll "sell" a boost for cash, give a player a fuckton of gold and tell them to find boosters on their own. (Or they'll refer them.) The added layer of culpable deniability keeps them in business.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    If game now has F2P quality, so many players quit it and it no longer can be supported via sub fee - then make it F2P officially and remove box price and sub fee already. Game just CAN'T be B2P/P2P and F2P at the same time. It's nonsense.

Sub fee - is some sort of VIP status. And if game has micristansactions at the same time, then this VIP status is actually restricted and there is super-VIP status in this game, that makes sub fee completely pointless.
    ff14 has a cash shop where you can buy character progression. nobody seems to get upset at that. just a bunch of children who play wow, or used to but now just post garbage like this on the forums.

have fun.

That's a nice anecdotal take that has absolutely no way to ever be verified by anybody. Meanwhile, all you have to do google "WoW boost" and you'll see what I was referring to. /shrug
    On your realm 99% of the people are selling Mythic runs for gold? You said it was mathematically impossible. Guess they ain't making much trying that? Sure you can buy all sorts of shit in wow with real money. That is pretty much common knowledge.

On your realm 99% of the people are selling Mythic runs for gold? You said it was mathematically impossible. Guess they ain't making much trying that? Sure you can buy all sorts of shit in wow with real money. That is pretty much common knowledge.
    Why would it matter if the anecdotal evidence from my server matches yours? The fact is that it's 100% impossible to know how people get the gold they use to pay for boosts nor is it fair to assume that because boosts are "just a few tokens" that players are using the token exclusively to buy them.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, these boosting communities aren't stupid. They'll "sell" a boost for cash, give a player a fuckton of gold and tell them to find boosters on their own. (Or they'll refer them.) The added layer of culpable deniability keeps them in business.
    I mean its possible but its possible in the sense throwing 100 quarters in the air will have them all land heads up possible.

I mean its possible but its possible in the sense throwing 100 quarters in the air will have them all land heads up possible.
    Is this where we pretend it's just a miraculous coincidence that almost all of the most popular boosting communities have Chinese names?

How much do you charge for runs, in terms of number of tokens needed and the average(ish) gold cost?

Is this where we pretend it's just a miraculous coincidence that almost all of the most popular boosting communities have Chinese names?
    You could use some common sense. You think your average punter is gonna use some dodgy chinese site to buy a boost or use the 100% reliable and safe TOS friendly token?

You could use some common sense. You think your average punter is gonna use some dodgy chinese site to buy a boost or use the 100% reliable and safe TOS friendly token?
    If the former is cheaper (which it usually is), they'd be idiots not to use it.