Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Then sharpen your pitchforks, because the set already looks better than anything you can get ingame.
    It is simply the way things decay these days. First its just a mount, then its just a toy then its just a transmog. Then its just the fae dragon and grinning reaver missing from their factions. Then its just better quality cosmetics and then its just p2w.

Cope is the greatest poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    People forget that you can literally get everything in the wow store for free just with ingame gold and turning it into blizzard currency.
    oh they dont forget, they conveniently ignore it as its contradicting their mindset

Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    It is simply the way things decay these days. First its just a mount, then its just a toy then its just a transmog. Then its just the fae dragon and grinning reaver missing from their factions. Then its just better quality cosmetics and then its just p2w.

Cope is the greatest poison.
    it already IS P2W

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Then sharpen your pitchforks, because the set already looks better than anything you can get ingame.
    It looks similar to the Eternal Traveler set- good quality overall but hardly better than some of the sweet Covenant or raid armors we got in SL in any sort of objective sense.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Only whales still play retail wow, so seems smart to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    You... have seen the new one, yes? Granted, we only have a small image, but its a really, REALLY well made one from all we can see.
    Just because it's flashy doesn't make it cool ... not for me at least. Subjective things I guess ..

15+ Year Old Account
    What is OP even whining about? I see no new news about cash shop xmog sets.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    What is OP even whining about? I see no new news about cash shop xmog sets.
    This one right here

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    bcs hating on everything bliz do, quite often by lying or by making up shit, using streamers as gospel, atacking anyone who dares to like the game they dont like, swarming forum of game they claim they dont even play for years is sooooooo mentaly healthy, and totaly not obsessive behaviour...

the "warning" about shop is great example: DECADE ago, when star pony was added some doomsayers started to claim that the very next day we will have to buy tickets to go to raid, everything will be on shop, and the game will be unplayable without spending money on shop, 10 years later we are not a single step closer and they claim they WERE RIGHT like i dont know what halucinogenic drugs those people take but hell thats some strong shit

and i know youll mark me "shill" bcs obviously saying PROVABLE TRUTH is now considered bad by people who are unable to deal with reality, but thats your problem, not ours
    We now have legalized pay to win and gold buying thay blizzard gets a $5 cut from. How is what they said back then wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Honestly who wants this?
    Anything on the cash shop can be bought with gold. Let that sink in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I think you missed the point. The FF shop, isn't good, but it's not worse than WoW's due to charging lowers prices, not being in-your face in game and not selling gold. Can we understand that having more items in the shop doesn't mean the practices are worse? It depends on what you sell, how you sell it, how it's priced and how in-you-face it is for other players. Also, you DO NOT need to buy every item on the shop. What sort of standard is that?

For, example, WoW sells a toy that transforms you into a random classic dungeon boss. EVERYONE nearby hears the voice lines when you pop that thing. It is insidious to the point that after you buy it, you are advertising for Blizzard for free and other players have no opt out of that. They are forced to acknowledge the toy and that they possibly don't have it.
    THAT is a bad practice, ok? FF does nothing of the sort. Can we understand this? It's not cause there are less and more expensive items that the WoW shop is somehow better. The token alone makes more damage to the game than anything the FF shop can ever do.
    That trade is not a good thing for the game. How you have the nerve to say that is a positive is beyond me.
    You pay with time instead. And it's more expensive to do it in WoW than work a real job.

Again, cause it seems you misinterpret, it does not mean the FF shop is good. It's not as bad as WoW's. Different. No cash shop is good in a sub game.
    Your argument makes no sense, theres tons of toys that transform you into bosses that causes yells all of em which are not from cash shop.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Serious question, is there a boosting economy in 14?

I've been playing a few mo that and never seen it, but I'm not endgame or even close so maybe I just don't see it.

I know wows economy is like, 100% boosting. That's got to be because the token exists.

But 14 isn't blameless either, putting the barbershop behind a paywall is Super Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post

I've been playing a few mo that and never seen it, but I'm not endgame or even close so maybe I just don't see it.

I know wows economy is like, 100% boosting. That's got to be because the token exists.

But 14 isn't blameless either, putting the barbershop behind a paywall is Super Lame.
    Yeah, there are definitely some ads for it, here and there.

It's kind of like there was a boosting scene in WoW too before the tokens' introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post

Im playing on a F2P account so i can play "fresh" with some friends, so we dont see chat. However I played not long ago on my main account and its there, like it always was in wow, but nothing compared to wow now. Its closer to how wow was say 10 years ago, where it was there, but it was the minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Yeah, there are definitely some ads for it, here and there.

It's kind of like there was a boosting scene in WoW too before the tokens' introduction.
    Yeah thats probably accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Its only a mount, how does it affect you?

"Its only a transmog set, how does it affect you?

"Its only buying gold, how does it affect you?

"Its only M0 gear, how does it affect you?

"Its only normal raid gear, how does it affect you?

"Its only Mythic raid gear, how does it affect you?

Gotta love people defending shitty practices that keeps getting worse and worse.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Is it bad for the game? probably, but I'm still gonna buy that transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Honestly who wants this?

These transmogs are way more visually striking and most likely will offer more particle effects and other enhancements than in game items. Honestly everyone needs to protest this crap before it gets out of control. These are new appearences that can be used for unique events like Mage Tower 2.0 or other game feats of strength.....

How are people ok with this?
    i'll give you two options..

1. it's purely cosmetic, who cares.
    2. fuck blizzard, i'm cancelling my sub.

do one and move on with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    We now have legalized pay to win and gold buying thay blizzard gets a $5 cut from. How is what they said back then wrong?
    The answer is " dont think about it"

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    "Its only a mount, how does it affect you?

"Its only a transmog set, how does it affect you?

"Its only buying gold, how does it affect you?

"Its only M0 gear, how does it affect you?

"Its only normal raid gear, how does it affect you?

"Its only Mythic raid gear, how does it affect you?

Gotta love people defending shitty practices that keeps getting worse and worse.
    Slippery slope fallacy.

Not counting the buying gold one, as it was never included until WoD, this shit's been repeated ad nauseam since WOTLK without ever coming to pass.

On the day that it actually does, I'll admit shit's gone too far. And what will I do then? Vote with my wallet, and move on. Hell, I'll admit it the moment they move bank slot expansion, bag slots, character slots and transmog changes to the store as well, unless it also comes with a removal of the sub fee.

Until then, hyperbole is inane.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ya it sucks but whatever. It makes a shit ton of money so it's not going away.