Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

By accomadating casuals blizzard have shafted everyone else

no ifs and no buts, this is what has killed the game.

Hey! at least the casuals are having a good time, best expansion ever! right?!

Meanwhile all your good player friends havent logged in for 6months. must of just gotten burnt out.

Blizzard desperately need to stop accomadating the newer players and start thinking about the more experienced players because the new players are going to eventually......wait for it!!!!!.........................................

become experienced. and then what????

Unsub and come back in x point y to see if they added something good. sound familiar?
    Last edited by odamienskii; 2021-09-13 at 12:41 PM.

Bad take/10.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post

Meanwhile all your good player friends havent logged in for 6months. must of just gotten burnt out.

Blizzard desperately need to stop accomadating the newer players and start thinking about the more experienced players because the new players are going to eventually......wait for it!!!!!.........................................

become experienced.
    As someone who has been playing 15+ years, have been rated 3k in rated PvP, and have been a server top raider in a US top 50 guild you are wrong. The game is made more for the elite player base today and tons of work is done to accommodate that bunch. The lack of focus on casual gameplay has led to a decline.

Anyway /thread.

This right here,i have been saying this for 10 years now,catering for casuals will ruin the game.Its funny but by catering for the hardcore 4% that ppl tought was absurd you automatically cater to the casuals,this worked and is the recipe.Not by eliminating the hardcode crowd and just cater for casuals,they cant aspire to anything,if everything is fast and in ''hands reach''.

Jesus Christ, you think the game is catering to casuals?

I'm not sure what is more hillarious, being so clueless about the current state of the game or being so clueless about the history of the game?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by makls View Post
    This right here,i have been saying this for 10 years now,catering for casuals will ruin the game.Its funny but by catering for the hardcore 4% that ppl tought was absurd you automatically cater to the casuals,this worked and is the recipe.Not by eliminating the hardcode crowd and just cater for casuals,they cant aspire to anything,if everything is fast and in ''hands reach''.
    EXACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCTLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

the tiny brains dont get it, by only accommadating for the casuals you are eliminating everyone else that wants to play more.

By accommadating the most serious of player the players who dont play asmuch STILL HAVE A GAME THEY CAN PLAY!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    OP clearly means that the upcoming patch has preemptively killed the game. 9.1.5 has been causing losses for multiple expansions now.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm not sure what is more hillarious, being so clueless about the current state of the game or being so clueless about the history of the game?
    imagine having such a tiny brain and still commenting as if you are intelligent and know whats going on with the game.

Its been downhill since the very first simplifies (wotlk > cata)

By only accomadating the top 60% of players you completely cut out the other 40%....... do you not get it????
    by accommadating the 40% the 60% of casuals STILL HAVE SOMETHING TO PLAY!!!!!!!! SOMETHING TO WORK TOWARDS!!!!

Yeah, most adults only can play casual due to uh... having a career and social life i guess.

So if that's 70-80% of your potential market you might want to throw them a bone or two, what a 5head take.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Jesus Christ, you think the game is catering to casuals?
    Jesus christ you dont????

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can you give some examples of how they have catered to casuals? All I've been seeing is changes based on the cries of the min-maxing elitists.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    Yeah, most adults only can play casual due to uh... having a career and social life i guess.

So if that's 70-80% of your potential market you might want to throw them a bone or two, what a 5head take.
    yes thats fine....... your not getting the point.

By only accommadating the casuals you cut out the people that want to play more because they dont have anything to do or they get it done far quicker than should be.

By accommadating the hardcore no lifers the casuals will always have something to do still, so nobody runs out of things to do in game.

10+ Year Old Account

become experienced.
    Well, that sounds like a load of horsecrap.

Honestly, the game would go bad for someone by accommodating casuals, or hardcore players, PvPers or PvEers - everyone would lose at any choice, just fewer losses by accommodating casuals.

It is going downwards due to recent events and happenings, as well as current content, and the expectancy of people demanding their part to be accommodated more than other parts.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Jesus christ you dont????
    No .....no one does except maybe you from what I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    No .....no one does except maybe you from what I can tell.
    wow, the hardcore players really dont exist anymore.

Maybe this is what wow is now. a MASSIVE group of casuals and thats it.

yes thats fine....... your not getting the point.

By only accommadating the casuals you cut out the people that want to play more because they dont have anything to do or they get it done far quicker than should be.

By accommadating the hardcore no lifers the casuals will always have something to do still, so nobody runs out of things to do in game.
    And where exactly do they only accommodate casuals?

The AoE cap removal?
    Opening up covenants?
    Removing conduit energy? (something most casuals never even interacted with)

The great thing about most casual players is that they don't really care about the intricate systems of the game (because you know, they don't really inform themselves or think much about the game outside of just... playing it).

So as long as you can't point out what changes are exactly just for that group of players and no one else you don't really have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, that sounds like a load of horsecrap.

Honestly, the game would go bad for someone by accommodating casuals, or hardcore players, PvPers or PvEers - everyone would lose at any choice, just fewer losses by accommodating casuals.

It is going downwards due to recent events and happenings, as well as current content, and the expectancy of people demanding their part to be accommodated more than other parts.
    bullshit, ive been saying it since the simplifications in wotlk taking out certain stats because "hard to understand"

HARD TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so if they are hard to understand, tough luck that a player is dumb! you dont just feed him an easier game a shaft the players that enjoy it being a little more complex.

A dumb player might never get to understand, or he may learn.
    An intelligent good player would have something to sink there teeth into.

NOBODY LOSES BY THE GAME BEING MORE COMPLEX

The obvious solution is permadeath. You die for any reason, anywhere, character deleted. $10 deducted from your credit card as well.

You should also be restricted to walking until you hit level 60 and spend 100,000 gold for the ability to run. That'd stick it to those casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by makls View Post
    What was hardcore about vanilla, bc & wotlk? During WotLK wow reached casual heaven. Nothing about vanilla, bc & wotlk was "hardcore" or really difficult, atleast not the base game. There were challenges to do, but overall there were lots to do for everyone.

its the opposite now. Systems upon systems to grind, you need a spreadsheet to find out whats your best legendary and the stuff many wants is hidden behind rather high difficulty, its all about being a god damn meta-slave or you might aswell dont bother cause soon enough you read a brick wall of "LUL U NOT VENTYR LULZ".

You gotta farm gold like a madman to buy relevant stuff for your legendary - or just sell token(Blizz says hurray!).

This game is currently in a dark hole and the only ones playing are those still wanting to push mythic raiding or do high m+ keys. SHOCKING NEWS - Most people dont want that, so they quit.