Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Casuals had a lot of time during legion to earn those skins. It's good that they are not coming back.
    Why is that a good thing, though?

You can make that argument for basically any mount, skin, toy or pet, in any of the expansions we've had so far. And doing old content for them is something a lot of people like to do. It's something that keeps people playing, without actually having to do shit, but to keep old content and it's rewards, obtainable.

Or is this one of those "my precioussss!" things? Because fuck that.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-09-10 at 09:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    So aparently they are bringing back mage tower but not artifact skins only some random recolours of raid gear

this proves they learned nothing and 9.1.5 is another casual-hate patch .

there is no hope for those devs they only cater to toxic elitest not to casual players
    Things that already be removed from the game, and now is exclusive for people who play that time
    and content exclusive for hardcore playeres, its not the same, idk why you come here and tell people that blizzard hate casual playeres because you cant get a reward that is already removed from the game, its bullshit

If you get a exlusive reward and then that reward come back again, its a disrepectful who try to get that in time

I love my challenge mode sets, because they are exclusive, it was hard work to get them, because in the mop I was horrible and it was both fun and hard, so if I wake up tomorrow and blizzard brings it back in a MoP timewalker, I would be very sad , but i dont have everyone, and its just make the one i have more awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Why is that a good thing, though?

You can make that argument for basically any mount, skin, toy or pet, in any of the expansions we've had so far. And doing old content for them is something a lot of people like to do. It's something that keeps people playing, without actually having to do shit, but to keep old content and it's rewards, obtainable.

Or is this one of those "my precioussss!" things? Because fuck that.
    It's the single biggest stupidity of WoW. They are basically making their task of creating enough content to keep everyone interested harder by ensuring that every major patch either removes the challenge of the previous content or removes the content entirely.

If I don't play GW2 for a couple of years, I'll go back to 2 years of relevant content that I can play and enjoy. And you can virtually guarantee that they'll be someone else playing it too. Everything they make remains content that you can play and enjoy. Blizzard in the meantime appear determined to keep their relevant content down to an absolute minimum. Which then means they need to make it painful grinds because it's the only way to make it appear to be enough.

They need to break that cycle. Otherwise they'll be forever stuck in a cycle of people complaining there isn't enough to do while they churn out deeply unsatisfactory content to try and quiet them.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

As someone that actually put in the time and effort to do them asap because I expected the MT to get closed in a later patch; Good.

If they start backtracking on making X limited time content, they sure as fuck would have to do so with all the rest. If they returned Naxx proto-drakes, I'd be OK with them making my 36 mage tower appearances obtainable again, even to those that spent their time whining about "having to do it" rather than actually doing it.

Toned down versions of the appearances, like what they did with Order Hall sets inspired by MoP CM sets, would be a good in-between for not returning time limited stuff, but still giving people access to similar items. Otherwise, no half measures. Bring it all back, or none.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-09-10 at 10:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    As someone who did several MoP challenge modes, Legendary capes and a large chunk of the mage tower challenges I don't mind one bit if the content returns so new and old players alike can enjoy it and gather the skins.

I feel this FOMO shit has gone too far and it's making me want to play less because I know I can't manage to do it all because there is so much. It's also demotivating for new players to see something cool and be told they missed out.

Make the content scalable and make it hard. Then you can't complain "that even scrubs can get it".

Having things in game to evidence that you were playing at x time is a good thing. I got MT appearances on a bunch of classes that I no longer play and my new mains don't have shit, and I still think it was a good idea. I missed out on MoP CM gear despite playing that entire expansion, still think it was a good idea. I missed out on Champion of The Naaru/Hand of A'dal despite playing that entire expansion, still think it was a good idea. AoTC/CE achievements are a good idea. Even the "logged in during WoW's x anniversary" achievements are a good idea.

The only people who disagree either want to get handed the rewards for difficult content now that it's become easy due to over-leveling/over-gearing, or want the rewards from a time when they weren't even paying to play the game. I couldn't care less about those opinions. Too bad, so sad, stay mad etc.

So aparently they are bringing back mage tower but not artifact skins only some random recolours of raid gear

there is no hope for those devs they only cater to toxic elitest not to casual players
    I think bringing back the Mage Tower (a solo challenge) directly caters to casuals.

There was no chance of them bringing those skins back as they have said, many times, they are not. Why would you even think they were? They clearly stated those were exclusive and going away.....

I think it would have been cool if they added some new artifact skins (with a maw, sl theme) but I didn't think they would.

The casual/ solo player will now have:

1) Dailies
    2) WQ
    3) Mage Tower
    4) Torghast
    5) LFR
    6) LFG
    7) Timewalking
    8) PVP brawls
    9) Farming old raids/ achieves for mounts, titles, mogs

There is probably even more.

A casual is (mostly) defined as someone who plays casually (maybe an hour or so a day). You can't run through all that in 7 hours/week. No way.

If you are playing 2+ hrs a day (on average), you are not really a casual and should be looking towards more advanced content. There is no game modes for the casual that plays more than casually............

Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    I think we should throw away the stigma that casual content = easy content.
    ye we totaly should

blizzard shoudl admit they are following the path that wildstar went

remind me where is wildstar now ?

ah ye - it doesnt exist anymore

great solution there

im sure Square Enix will rejoice as they will get even more players after 9.1.5 releases

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Having things in game to evidence that you were playing at x time is a good thing. I got MT appearances on a bunch of classes that I no longer play and my new mains don't have shit, and I still think it was a good idea. I missed out on MoP CM gear despite playing that entire expansion, still think it was a good idea. I missed out on Champion of The Naaru/Hand of A'dal despite playing that entire expansion, still think it was a good idea. AoTC/CE achievements are a good idea. Even the "logged in during WoW's x anniversary" achievements are a good idea.

The only people who disagree either want to get handed the rewards for difficult content now that it's become easy due to over-leveling/over-gearing, or want the rewards from a time when they weren't even paying to play the game. I couldn't care less about those opinions. Too bad, so sad, stay mad etc.
    loosing majority of playerbase is a bit worse things then few elitest toxic people feeling ....hurt about casuals getting those looks

but then - its game under direction of Ion so what else can we expect.

ah i know what we can expst - FF14 growing at explosive rate once they release expansion and blizzard panicking why people ignore 9.1.5 and play FF14

I think we should throw away the stigma that casual content = easy content. Content can be challenging and still be considered casual so long as it's easily approachable.
    OP is one of those players who are exceptionally bad at the game and refuse to improve, while hiding behind the "casual shield".

Most casual players aren't hopelessly incompetent, and will probably appreciate having more stuff to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far there's been no direct confirmation of what the MT rewards, only implications and insinuations. It probably will be the armor sets, though that's an awkward choice because some specs can just roll over the challenge (if preserved as-is, Ret is going to ignore most of the mechanics, so will Unholy).

If, and this is a huge if, they bring back the MT skins, a recolor without some of the particle effects (ex., a grey-and-black Shattered Reckoning with no lightning effect) would help quickly distinguish who got the appearance when it was current and who got the cosmetic item from Timewalking MT.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    OP is one of those players who are exceptionally bad at the game and refuse to improve, while hiding behind the "casual shield".

Most casual players aren't hopelessly incompetent, and will probably appreciate having more stuff to do.
    To be fair not all casual content should be hard, but challenging content that can be approached casually like Mage Tower, Brawler's Guild, or high-level Torghast is very good for variety and absolutely shouldn't be shunned.

Well complete SL is catering casual players. Outside of mythic raiding everything is way to easy. 2k rating in m+ season 2 ? A tamed ape can reach that now. There is no content to improve charpoower, there is no real grind, and so on. tell me, what kind of content is for "elitist" players ? All, really all content outside of mythic-raids, rated pvp and that easy m+ is unrewarding: cosmetics and stuff for casual players. A lot of lvl stuff and gear catchups...

what do you expect from blizz ?

Iwould expect grind for charpower, a return of wf/tf, real rewards in torghast with a real gear and skillcheck. Real rewards from korthia and the maw. Every content should be way harder and the rewards would feel rewarding.
    The only content that expected the player to spend some time was animagrind (for cosmetics...)and after billions of tears they changed even that.
    Last edited by Bee76; 2021-09-10 at 11:11 PM.

yay more repetitive content!

Absolutely no point in doing it then.

To be fair not all casual content should be hard, but challenging content that can be approached casually like Mage Tower, Brawler's Guild, or high-level Torghast is very good for variety and absolutely shouldn't be shunned.
    You could outgear mage tower. I remember coming back late and clearing on an alt with welfare gear. Op prolly just didnt play and now wants free skins he missed under false pretense.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between being casual and being shit at the game. If you couldn't get the mage tower skins in lfr antorus gear, you are shit at the game. Casual has nothing to do with it.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

yes the "i played during legion" elite players
    lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    NGL this is the only time I wish assmon played WoW - when he smacked his head on that desk it was probably one of the most epic head desks I've ever witnessed.

Anyway, Super happy they are bringing content into the game vs taking it out.

Bigup wow devs!

7+ Year Old Account
    The new raid tier recolors are BADASS! If the Mage Tower is the source for them, I'll be working my ass off to get them (especially the warlock one).

It would be cool if it came back, but the artifact skins should not be obtainable in this version.

The recolor sets is a nice reward for what it looks to be, actual easy content from the start if I am understand the changes to the bosses ability through the datamining. That the reward is t20 is kinda obvious to me, since ToS was current when the Mage Tower was current.