Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As someone who has done all but a few classes, I don’t mind if they do open up the mage tower again and allow the appearances to be obtained again (along with some noice recolours!)

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    No thanks, hard pass. I rather unique rewards with limited availability.
    Why? Why would it make a difference if someone could come along years later, face and beat the same degree of challenge, and walk away with the same rewards? What difference would that make?

Rewards should be restricted to the players that happened to be there when they occurred, and no others? How does that make sense? That is how you get throw-away development effort that leaves the game feeling like there is a tiny window of relevant content. Let content exist for as long as there are players playing the game; an RPG with decades of development time in it should not leave a new player feeling like there is nothing challenging and rewarding to do a matter of weeks after starting to play for the first time.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Who would people with the unobtainable version want to get a easily obtainable pleb version of the same weap?
    More colours for transmog matching? That's what I want and I have a bunch of the mage tower skins. I couldn't care less about the prestige.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I did all the tank ones first and had very little trouble with the druid one, but what i CANT remember, is what lego i had, what his gear was like, etc. I do remember a lot of people struggling to get it until right at the end though.
    I struggled with it but I had absolutely shite gear and leggos at that point. It was also an alt so I wasn't super comfortable with the spec gameplay. Felt good when I finally beat it.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2021-09-11 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    7.2 Mage Tower was content for very skilled (and patient) players, 7.2.5 it was extra content for raiders, but yeah, since 7.3, so most of it's lifespan it was casual content. I did 36/36 without even touching raid/M+ on 11 alts.

I think, instead of set, giving special recolor for weapon would be nice compromise. People who did MT (it's not THAT rare if we talk only about mains) would have something to do here, people who want special weapon model would have way to get it.
    I don't understand why I keep seeing people say mage towers were difficult in 7.2. People actually complained about them being brainless. Like the healer one. Specially the one disc priests got..

Also don't get the hype for mage towers. 10 min content per spec without any replayability. Can do them all in one day then never again. Great.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I don't understand why I keep seeing people say mage towers were difficult in 7.2. People actually complained about them being brainless. Like the healer one. Specially the one disc priests got..

Also don't get the hype for mage towers. 10 min content per spec without any replayability. Can do them all in one day then never again. Great.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say not everyone are as skilled as you and will have a learning curve to be able to do them all. Not to mention that stuff like lag and DCs can affect a run, it sure did for me. Also it makes people try out classes and specs they might not have tried before.
    I used around 2 months I believe for all the ones I wanted. Some of them were definitely a challenge without the right gear and leggos. Also some classes played like ass and were just annoying to do them on.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

When they first got out, there was some challenge, but many did them in late Antorus and they just roflstomped them. Also tactics were more fleshed out by then.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Mage Tower was non-difficult 10 minutes content back in 7.2? And you don't understand people who say otherwise? And people complained about how brainless MT was back in 7.2?

We have traveller from AU Earth guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    When they first got out, there was some challenge, but many did them in late Antorus and they just roflstomped them. Also tactics were more fleshed out by then.
    With Antorus gear of course, but MT didn't even came out during ToS tier, but Nighthold.

I think it's cheap to have the same ones return, but i do want the new tint on some of mine, so i will do what i must.

lol... also the elitism on this thread from some people. haha... 10 min challenge on 7.2.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-09-11 at 10:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage Tower was non-difficult 10 minutes content back in 7.2? And you don't understand people who say otherwise? And people complained about how brainless MT was back in 7.2?

With Antorus gear of course, but MT didn't even came out during ToS tier, but Nighthold.
    No - I just frequented the official forums at that point. Don't have to be a AU traveller.

Considering how short the scenarios were it's strange how praised they are.
    Hi

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Anyway, I hope they offer different rewards this time, otherwise there's no reason for me to do it again (unless you can get other different artifact colors that are glued to achievements like the archaeology one etc).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the irony when i have 36 skins

but im not toxic d.... who cares about others having what i have

sure - lets make more people play FF then wow just so you can feel special

its pathetic on blizzard side - but fits well this pathetic expansion

- - - Updated - - -

you have the same leggo every guardian had to faceroll that stuff

luffas.
    So you literally have nothing to complain about but you're complaining anyway on behalf of the little people? I didn't do it for all 36 skins but I'm not complaining anyway about it because I don't care enough to do it when it was offered.

Not everyone who didn't get something gives a shit and we aren't asking you to crusade for us. I did it for the skins I cared about. The same as the challenge mode cosmetics and you're creating a thread to be toxic about the game.

Sometimes a reward is a reward for taking part in something, I don't have an Olympic medal for this year and I'm not expecting to get one next year either. Let shit like this go.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You're the one calling game devs "cowards" for refusing to add something to the game when they have absolutely no fucking reason or obligation to do so. You have a perverse entitlement to content in the game and feel like prestige items being made unavailable is somehow evidence of Blizzard actively harming their playerbase. Just... stop giving such a shit about what people do or don't have. It's pathetic.
    Okay, but are you going to post anything relevant. At all?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I did all the tank ones first and had very little trouble with the druid one, but what i CANT remember, is what lego i had, what his gear was like, etc. I do remember a lot of people struggling to get it until right at the end though.
    Vengeance DH was also pretty easy, at least a bit later than release since I only focused on getting one when it first released (all of the ones I did were pretty easy, really)

I hadn't tanked literally at all that expansion and haven't done so ever since and I completed the Mage Tower "challenge" for that spec in two tries. Muh prestige.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Bring back the old shit so people have a chance to get it. It's been long enough where people who got them then get to show off.
    Now make MT a permanent thing so the rest of us can get the rest we'd like or missed out on.

Add new stuff so it gives people an excuse, such as the armor recolors. Everyone wins.
    A rational suggestion not revolving around the whims of a small clique hoarding every little thing they got that they might not even have worked hard for yet still slap the "prestigious" buzzword on? Surely, you must be on something!

Quote Originally Posted by Communism View Post
    Why not? All the players that have had them for the last X years have had their 'prestige' of owning and earning them at the time. I know a fair few people that didn't play Legion or much of it and would like to have the chance to get these, including myself.

Make the OG a Feat of Strength, or a title or make new versions of the skins with a recolour.
    Why do they need to make new rewards for stuff that are more than 3 years old just so people who didnt want to play Legion can now just log in and do an easier version of an expansion feature and earn those unique rewards that were relevant then? It does not make sense.

I was on about to do the WoD CMs before the Legion pre patch, but didnt get the time to do it all. In MoP I didnt do the CMs either. And I should not be able to earn rewards from stuff other people managed to get when they did it when it was current, I dont think thats fair to them.

Like, if they just did what you want, why stop there? Blizzard should just bring everything back as obtainable then right? Cause thats fair for those who played during that spesific time and earned it? I think not.

You say you didnt play Legion, so you missed out on it? You get to actually experience it now, thats a huge bonus. If you truly want to do it, the rewards are not that important. Lots of people dont even get the opportunity to even experience the content they missed out on.

I think its cool that they make a time walking thing with it. As with other TW content, it gives new different rewards with it.

And lets then go with your suggestion, make a title and achievement reward for doing Mage Tower Timewalking Challenge. That should make you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Yeah, I'm sort of in this camp. Call me selfish for having busted my ass to get all 36 appearances and wanting to keep them exclusive. On the other hand, I regret not doing challenge modes in WoD for the weapons, so I get it. I'm fine with having rewards for those that were there.
    I dont even have all the Mage Tower skins, and I dont think I should be able to get them either.

Uniqueness is a good thing imo. You got all 36? Nice! Being content with the idea that other people have something I don't is a lesson of life.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-09-11 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Why do they need to make new rewards for stuff that are more than 3 years old just so people who didnt want to play Legion can now just log in and do an easier version of an expansion feature and earn those unique rewards that were relevant then? It does not make sense.
    Sorry but if they brought Mage Towers back with some kind of scaling system in place, the chances are >90% that they would be more challenging than they ever were during 8.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Sorry but if they brought Mage Towers back with some kind of scaling system in place, the chances are >90% that they would be more challenging than they ever were during 8.3.
    They already datamined a 40% nerf to aura or whatever of two abilities.

Sorry, 40-60% accross the board it looks like when I read the wowhead post again.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm just annoyed because I hated most of these sets, esp the hunter one.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    They already datamined a 40% nerf to aura or whatever of two abilities.

Sorry, 40-60% accross the board it looks like when I read the wowhead post again.
    Interesting. I hadn't entirely looked into the nitty gritty.

I'm not going to make a judgment either which way on that, but I do know that the power we held in Legion with the different systems is not the same as now, so I'm wondering if they're adjusting for that or if it's really a nerf.

Regardless, I do maintain that post-Antorus Mage Towers were an absolute joke of a faceroll, and I don't think many would defy me on that. With that acknowledged, I really don't see what prestige there is in those skins, other than "You had to be there," and I don't think playing a game at a certain point of time is any kind of measure of skill or overcoming any challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I'm just annoyed because I hated most of these sets, esp the hunter one.
    I am still mad that they strictly went for remastering the T6 sets. Yeah, sure, it was cool in some cases, but they were too rigid with it.

TBC literally had a set called Demonstalker for Hunters, yet because their mentality was "We make T6 HD" without thinking outside of it, they put HD Gronnstalker into Tomb of Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    Link the post?

Assuming they are even doing that and I am doubtful they are. I don't see it as that big of a negative. While I am not a fan of any item being removed from the game (personally I think even pvp items should be made obtainable after the expansion they are in is finished). I think the recolors are a rather nice reward themselves.
    I say it like this. Pvp items can be made avaible for everyone. Elite sets arent that special anymore anyway since they are raid recolours. However only after stuff like corrupted ashbringer, atiesh, black bug mount and all the other special pve stuff is also made avaible for free

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    I say it like this. Pvp items can be made avaible for everyone. Elite sets arent that special anymore anyway since they are raid recolours. However only after stuff like corrupted ashbringer, atiesh, black bug mount and all the other special pve stuff is also made avaible for free
    I personally have no problem with literally any of that, so long as it's earned in some way. Corrupted Ashbringer and Atiesh are kind of a difficult one there, though, considering they're content from something that would eventually be easily steamrolled solo after WoTLK. Any prestige they have isn't particularly from being difficult to get, considering people got them in TBC, but time-locked. If I believed in parallel universes where similar things happen with slightly different outcomes, I would honestly believe there's one where Blizzard never removed old Naxx in WoTLK and Corrupted Ashbringer and Atiesh would've been just as "special" as Thunderfury or Val'anyr is today.

People honestly have to stop associating time locks with prestige tbh. The BfA pre-patch mounts are no longer available, but they were piss-easy to get; basically a participation award. Are they prestigious?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Interesting. I hadn't entirely looked into the nitty gritty.

I'm not going to make a judgment either which way on that, but I do know that the power we held in Legion with the different systems is not the same as now, so I'm wondering if they're adjusting for that or if it's really a nerf.

Regardless, I do maintain that post-Antorus Mage Towers were an absolute joke of a faceroll, and I don't think many would defy me on that. With that acknowledged, I really don't see what prestige there is in those skins, other than "You had to be there," and I don't think playing a game at a certain point of time is any kind of measure of skill or overcoming any challenge.
    Well if it is indeed harder then I have to eat my own internet words which is impossible so if so, I'll eat a snickers instead. But, I doubt it looking at the numbers. But I'll have bar ready!

Just think if they made it harder. Oh boy the forums. I highly doubt blizzard would take that risk on content thats literally gone and then revived.

Personally I wouldnt make a fuss IF they make the skins obtainable again, I just dont think they should. It would open up Panderas Box and I dont think the devs want that. "Hey how about Amani War Bear, old Naxx and CM modes? Bring it back, or else!"

And yes, it was indeeed easy in 7.3. I did my MM Hunter the first day so I got the achievement for getting it early which is cool in itself. I just think expansion features as current should give unique rewards.

Talking about rewards. The artifact appearences we got from MT fits different tier sets and tints of them from the Legion raids. Seeing the new recolored Tier sets, maybe they make a TW tint of the appearences of the artifact weapon to fit those new sets? A compromise most can live with?

We'll see I guess!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-09-11 at 01:16 PM.