Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    How the hell did this get past page one with no proof being provided by OP, let alone page 10? Are people that eager to discuss this that they believe the OP's baseless claim so easily?
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/return-...amining-324115

This seems to be all we know so far and it seems likely from the stuff datamined.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    How the hell did this get past page one with no proof being provided by OP, let alone page 10? Are people that eager to discuss this that they believe the OP's baseless claim so easily?
    I think it just became the new thread to talk about mage tower and speculate where the new armor comes from.

damn. i started maining a druid when SL released. I quit before 9.1. I was thinking of returning for 9.1.5 if I could get the werebear skin but now i wont.

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    damn. i started maining a druid when SL released. I quit before 9.1. I was thinking of returning for 9.1.5 if I could get the werebear skin but now i wont.
    As someone who got the Bear when Tower was in current tier, I could care less if they added for players like you as long as the fight is on par with how it was in Legion (which was a joke anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    Tell yourself whatever you want, but you're not a casual (or you might be now, but you weren't during Legion)
    I mean maybe, it's a term without a firm or fixed definition. My definition is, no non-queue content.

Yours may vary.

source on this? honestly i believe the recolored T20 is for the KSM, not MT, otherwise what would be the point doing legion KSM?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Scaling content is never going to be able to ensure the difficulty stays the same. Time exclusive rewards also entices people to play while they're available. If they're always available there's no reason to do them while they're current, and people end up playing less as a whole.
    It is short time gain vs. longevity and replayability of content. Imagine there were players who were too young to operate a keyboard when this content went live. NOW they would like to experience it and can't.

I mean, this is such a short sighted and egotistical perspective, it is hilarious in a sad way this was actually developed like that.

Since when is having MORE relevant content bad for a game? Do you actually as a player WANT to be pressured into a treadmill? Is this Stockholm syndrome kicking in?

It is also funny that devs blame players they are devouring content too fast and then keep removing content on a regular basis.
    I mean, what gives???
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2021-09-13 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    So aparently they are bringing back mage tower but not artifact skins only some random recolours of raid gear

this proves they learned nothing and 9.1.5 is another casual-hate patch .

there is no hope for those devs they only cater to toxic elitest not to casual players

Go back in time and do the tower mage like all the people that earned in the right way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    It is short time gain vs. longevity and replayability of content. Imagine there were players who were too young to operate a keyboard when this content went live. NOW they would like to experience it and can't.

I mean, this is such a short sighted and egotistical perspective, it is hilarious in a sad way this was actually developed like that.

Since when is having MORE relevant content bad for a game? Do you actually as a player WANT to be pressured into a treadmill? Is this Stockholm syndrome kicking in?

It is also funny that devs blame players they are devouring content too fast and then keep removing content on a regular basis.
    I mean, what gives???
    I ask myself the same questions.
    I have a lot of the timed rewards and I don't mind others being able to do them and gain them again.
    Heck I want to do the Legendary Cloak questline again! It's an important part of lore completely gone and the reasons to remove it and hinder new players from enjoying it just creates segregation of players.
    They removed the treasure hoard scenario because they claimed it would generate too much gold and then they dropped garrison table gold missions in our laps. Completely nonsensical. They removed a fun scenario for shitty reasons and have been continuing to do so ever since.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    source on this? honestly i believe the recolored T20 is for the KSM, not MT, otherwise what would be the point doing legion KSM?
    There is no official source. Since Blizzard is completely silent on this, they could as well just put something on datamining, watch discussions about it and THEN decide if bringing Mage Tower is good idea and what should be reward.

Imo good compromise would be just recolored weapon from original Mage Tower - people who want exclusive stuff would keep it, people who want unique model would get it, Blizzard wouldn't break word about MT weapons going away, people would done MT in Legion would have something to do.

T20 recolor creates another problem:
    - is this reward for single MT scenario? some scenarios are very easy compared to others (worm, Agatha with better gear), that would make Tank/Heal challenges dead.
    - do you have to complete all scenarios? that would make it piss easy on DPS classes, especially Druid would be screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post

I mean, what gives???
    When content is introduced with the intention of being time limited so more people engage with it just because it's going away, it'd be really shitty to reintroduce it later.

I assume their stance is that they're not confident they can ensure content maintains the right difficulty through the expansions, and/or that it's extra work to ensure that it does, however many years down the line it has to be kept up for the dwindling amount of players relatively that engage with it.

Time limited content isn't just FOMO, it's also about being economical with developer time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I have a lot of the timed rewards and I don't mind others being able to do them and gain them again.
    Heck I want to do the Legendary Cloak questline again! It's an important part of lore completely gone and the reasons to remove it and hinder new players from enjoying it just creates segregation of players.
    They removed the treasure hoard scenario because they claimed it would generate too much gold and then they dropped garrison table gold missions in our laps. Completely nonsensical. They removed a fun scenario for shitty reasons and have been continuing to do so ever since.
    You can do the scenario as a rogue if you do your class hall quest. Not the same thing I know but it does still exist.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I earned the one skin I was interested in for my Destro Warlock at the time. Had I been a little more into the expansion, I easily could've seen myself going the full "all 36" route, leveling up one of every class and working my way through all of them. Sadly that didn't happen, I never wound up leveling them all, let alone gearing them, getting their class flying mounts (which are all badass), or running Mage Tower.

That said, this absolutely seems like casual content. Just because it's challenging doesn't mean it's not casual. It's casual because you can do it alone, and you can put as much or as little time into it as you desire, as well as gear up for it with multiple different methods. Casual =\= so easy a baby can do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    To be fair, they were smart to remove the Garrison gold missions because they introduced the WoW token. With only three T3 Garrisons, I made enough gold to play WoW for over a year and a half without paying them a dollar. If they'd kept them in? Everyone would be running a full server of T3 Garrisons and buying WoW Tokens with gold forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    To be fair, they were smart to remove the Garrison gold missions because they introduced the WoW token. With only three T3 Garrisons, I made enough gold to play WoW for over a year and a half without paying them a dollar. If they'd kept them in? Everyone would be running a full server of T3 Garrisons and buying WoW Tokens with gold forever.
    Yeah I don't disagree I just wish we got the Thunder Isle Treasure Trove scenario back since I thought it was fun. Never ran it for the gold anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    You can do the scenario as a rogue if you do your class hall quest. Not the same thing I know but it does still exist.
    I was not aware of that. Interesting. But Rogue is the only class I have not leveled to max so that's probably why.

Quote Originally Posted by jaysphan129 View Post
    how was the original catered to casual players lol
    Original in 7.2 (or was it 7.1?) was not casual in the least. By the time 7.3.5 rolled around it was perfectly casual.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

They should just get I’d of all exclusives, the game doesn’t benefit at all from having less rewards to go after.

Put all the scaling tech they made to use and made pve content as hard as it ever was and put all the rewards back in, make elite sets and glad mounts buy able with tokens so once you get to that rank in any reason you can pick from any of the old rewards like they do with viscous saddles.

Lock rewards behind playing well instead of when you played.

I hate FOMO, quit removing content
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not casual hate. Casuals had several months to get mage tower skins in really easy Mage Towers with just LFR gear. This is a feature for casuals, and you're getting new reskins. For anyone who isn't a casual the challenge modes in Pandaria and the Mage Tower in legion were a complete and total faceroll. This is complaining for the sake of complaining.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Most of the people who don't want the skins to return only have a portion of them.

It's essentially them saying "I'd rather have less so you can have nothing."

The few that actually did 36/36 can be mad I guess if they were to return, but honestly content should either consistently be removed or never be removed (currently stuff is only removed if the devs are too lazy to figure out a way for it to remain a challenge in the future).

It was quite obvious and heavily hinted at from the beginning that the old rewards are not returning but we will instead be getting new rewards. Whoever thought they are gonna offer the old discontinued artifact skins instead of new stuff is just batshit crazy
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.