Poll: Link Retail In Classic

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Classic WoW Future - link with retail account

With the news of a possible "Classic +" as well as an "inevitable" Classic WotLK down the road, I hope they eventually link Classic WoW accounts with Retail Accounts.

For clarity, when I say "link", I don't mean characters exist in both accounts /versions. However I would like to see them bridge the "Achievements" as well as the "Collectables" chunks of both sections. It made sense not to do so when Classic initially launched, but I think that's no longer the case.

With Classic WotLK; achievements would come into the game anyways (since that is the expansion they were introduced). I think it would be nice to have a toggle in Classic to show achievements you've already gotten in retail, but then toggle it off to only show what's achieved in "classic". Rewards achieved for these achievements would be available for use in retail (i.e. mounts).

I think collections in general, Mounts, Transmogs, pets, toys, etc. that are obtained in classic should be usable in retail. Again, I think this made sense to not do on initial classic launch, but as "Classic" has become a thing of it's own (and will likely persist through many expansions to come), these should be bridged.

It would have to have limitations (i.e. If it is Classic WotLK you're playing, then you can't be riding around on mounts only obtainable AFTER that expansion. And infact there is probably an argument to be made that the bridge only flows one way. I.e. things you've gotten in retail you can't use in Classic (only vice versa). That way if you see someone riding around on Mimiron's head in Classic WotLK, you know they achieved it IN Classic WotLK and didnt just farm it on retail in outdated content.

This is purely built towards my taste in how I play the game and interested in if other people would want this as wll.

Blizzard already said multiple times no.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.
    Having opinions are F A C T S.
    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.
    It is not the same as talking about math either.
    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    eventually they would make all expansions as classic since the ROI is so high, and starting from mop many things started to be account wide, so sooner or later there will be ways to convert characters from classic to the last expansion and vice versa, that's even without accounting for the massive money blizzard would make off transfers, so yes

I started classic with goal in mind to have Corrupted Ashbringer so that one day they "link" it together so I have it as tmog on my DK in retail.

Would be a nice addition, altough i don't play any version atm.

I don't think that's a popular opinion tho, people would scream that it wasn't fair, if they knew they would have done Scarab Lord and such and it would've been way harder to obtain it. Same goes for lost tmog, the price in GDKP would've been way higher on Corrupted Ashbringer knowing retail player were there for that (like me).

In my case, it's more of a hope but I don't think they'll go this way, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kersey View Post
    they also said there wouldn't be any pristine servers... Cause you know.. we think we wanted it, but we did not !

Completely true. They also said multiple times that Classic WoW would not have any changes to it, and now they're looking at Classic +.
    They could change their mind if there is a benefit to their ROI (or maybe player feedback...).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That means less than nothing. They said no multiple times about faction swaps, race changes, boosts, a cash shop, Classic WoW, etc. Pretty much any time they've ever said no they've changed their mind eventually.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know how much this would upset the 364 players that actually care about having everything in the game? These people are mad enough to have played the game to such a degree, imagine if someone took their only achievement in life away from them by doing this and someone, god forbid, got access to the same 15 year old pixels as them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    You know how much this would upset the 364 players that actually care about having everything in the game? These people are mad enough to have played the game to such a degree, imagine if someone took their only achievement in life away from them by doing this and someone, god forbid, got access to the same 15 year old pixels as them.
    But even those players should be "less angry" about this method of making those 15 year old pixels and achievements available again, because at this point they would be available again in the difficulty and game version they were intended to be acquire for in the first place.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    One-way transfer from Classic to Retail is certainly something that might convince me to play. Being able to get the old Naxx warrior set, for example... without having to play the BMAH.

Pretty sure they will be done after wrath. To be honest they need to just scrap it and start over and learn from former mistakes....but this is blizzard so thats not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    One-way transfer from Classic to Retail is certainly something that might convince me to play. Being able to get the old Naxx warrior set, for example... without having to play the BMAH.
    This is my feeling as well as I am playing through classic TBC. There's lots of transmog and rep grinding mounts I'm achieving this time around that would be a big nice to have to roll over into one "overall" account.

We had this thread like 345354 times.
    Blizzard stated multiple times it will not happen.

You do not want to have fun in Classic and socialize with other players.
    You just want easy and no longer obtainable items on your retail and then quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post

Came here to post this. Blizzard and the ppl that actually play on these servers don't want some jackass dipping out the moment they get geared up or the transmog they want.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really care, as what other players have isn't a concern of mine. If you've got it in wowRetail, no reason can't have it in wowClassic, assuming it was in the game at the time that expac was around, and vice versa.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Blizzard also stated that classic servers wouldn't happen.

I wonder how that turned out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I'm 100% in support of this. It would be nice to transmog my T3 paladin stuff to my retail guys.

this would be the only reason i would play calssic wrath cuz i have missed 2 Realm first titles (sart and nax) those were so free that my guild back then just trowed together a raid with fresh dinged max lvl t6 chars form another guild to geht them while i was lvl 78 or so lol
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Blizzard also stated that classic servers wouldn't happen.

I wonder how that turned out.
    'You think you do but you don't' is not a statement.
    They were laughing at it at first time but now every single big company is rereleasing old games just because they know that these can make cash for them.

I don't doubt that some players would definitely take advantage of this process and just snag unobtainable items for retail and then dip.
    For me though it was more about having my classic account persist beyond the phased reset. Since TBC dropped, original Classic wow servers seem to be dead to the point of of being obsolete. That plus the discussions around classic + and a more "seasonal" approach to classic in general, I wondered if this type of system would make classic accounts hold more significance to the player base.
    Last edited by Rosefern; 2021-09-13 at 06:56 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Linking them is only going to invite the dumbing down of classic further than it already was naturally over time.

Keep them in their own boxes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

While i was initially in favour when this discussion first came up years ago, but i am now against it.
    The solution for removed transmog should simply be to introduce them in some fashion back into Retail, a random drop, boss drop, craftable whatever.

Anything else would just lead to drama and overall degration of certain prestigeous rewards on Retail, seeing a Scarab lord on Retail is extremely rare, that would become a lot more common with such a change.
    Disregarding that it multiplies the drama surrounding Scarab lord multiple times when you have Retail completionists jumping over and trying to get Scarab lord.