Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    Imo Cataclysm was the best, all the zones was apart of OUR world, connected to azeroth .
    well they were still disconected,from a technical point it was no different than shadowlands,only uldum and hyjal could be flown to,but no1 would do that instead of just hearthstone and portaling there

Imo Cataclysm was the best, all the zones was apart of OUR world, connected to azeroth .
    Well - Burning Crusade was the first expansion and it was a completely different planet.
    Then WoD
    Now Shadowlands.

Not an uncommon thing.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Each zone is tied to a covenant and the covenants had to be different from each other... I feel like Blizzard wrote themselves into a corner in that regard. Each zone is thematically disconnected, like some kind of pie that is half pizza and half dessert.

Did you not read what i said? I dont care if the current zones that are next to each other.

Twilight Highlands IS NEXT TO WETLAND! That there is no disconnect , you fly right into antoher world. like you you go from one city IRL to another city next to it. The world feels more alive. compared to Airport Oribos
    That logic means nothing.

5+ Year Old Account
    All of the SL zones being disconnected from each other is one of the most annoying issues I have with this expansion. In many cases, it feels like SL was designed as a single player experience by a wannabe RP'er, but it blows horse d**k from both the single player aspect and the RP one.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    All of the SL zones being disconnected from each other is one of the most annoying issues I have with this expansion. In many cases, it feels like SL was designed as a single player experience by a wannabe RP'er, but it blows horse d**k from both the single player aspect and the RP one.
    Their sudden proclamation of doing things for the RPG aspect was weird anyway, since they had consistently dismantled those aspects over the years. That suddenly everything was for the RP(G) was not really believable, even if it seemed to resonnate with quite a few forum warriors.

I feel like they tried to ape some good aspects of other games, but kinda failed spectacularily. Like they wanted to give you a little squad of friends like FF, but they butchered it, since their presentation and setup wasn't there and never has been. They went full in with the big storytelling, but they kinda forgot that WoW was never a game that attracted alot of people to it's story.

The scattered zone thing is mostly annoying because of the stupid riding animation and the portal being placed usually in one corner of the zone. But I don't think that was even remotely the most egregious design descision.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Every exp we have had so far, all zones was connected together.

But in Shadowlands you cant fly from zone to zone, you have to use flight path (Empty space between each zone). I just feel like the world feels so disconnected.

Do other feel the same way?
    Cataclysm zones were not connected.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    They were very much connected to the rest of Azeroth (except Deepholm, I guess). And even then, the portals in Org/SW were far more convenient than the long ass, unavoidable FP's that there are now.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I thought it was rather imaginative, though the flight paths should be faster. Like 10-15 seconds max.
    That's my only real issue with it. Zones being separate makes sense and wasn't even a terrible idea. But especially now with flying having an annoyingly long sequence to change zones is just dumb.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

They were very much connected to the rest of Azeroth (except Deepholm, I guess). And even then, the portals in Org/SW were far more convenient than the long ass, unavoidable FP's that there are now.
    Which every one bitched to no end about.

Every exp we have had so far, all zones was connected together.
    Cataclysm with Deepholm says "hi".

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Yes they were, why do people keep saying this? They were connected by zones from vanilla, and in some cases WERE zones from vanilla, but they were connected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Cataclysm with Deepholm says "hi".
    I think having one "special" zone be somewhere different is quite cool, but I actually agree the current ones feel like gaming platforms and not a "world". Really not a big deal to me but not something I like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well they were still disconected,from a technical point it was no different than shadowlands,only uldum and hyjal could be flown to,but no1 would do that instead of just hearthstone and portaling there
    What technical point? OP might clarify but it seems they have an issue with SL zones being wierd floating platforms not connected to anything and therefore no way to walk from A to B. I don't read it as "they should all be touching and next to each other" but rather "you should be able to travel from A to B on a land mount, even if it takes you through C and D."

Like I said, if that's wrong, I apologies OP but that's how I read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Yes they were, why do people keep saying this? They were connected by zones from vanilla, and in some cases WERE zones from vanilla, but they were connected.

- - - Updated - - -

I think having one "special" zone be somewhere different is quite cool, but I actually agree the current ones feel like gaming platforms and not a "world". Really not a big deal to me but not something I like.
    The zones were disconnected from each other. People bitched and moaned the entire time and bitched and moaned about the portals making them feel disconnected from Azeroth since you weren't required to travel through Azeroth. I'm sure some did, but here and the official forums hated both that thebzones were not connected with each other, and that there were portal to allow us to skip travelling there.

None were Vanilla zones. Since none were accessible without exploiting terrain or hacks.
    Last edited by Beefhammer; 2021-09-14 at 07:03 PM.

But that's the thing, though, isn't it? It's not supposed to feel like "a" world, but "many" worlds, as each Shadowland zone is a world in and of itself.

You also couldn't fly to Vash'ir and Tol Barad....

Did you not read what i said? I dont care if the current zones that are next to each other.

Twilight Highlands IS NEXT TO WETLAND! That there is no disconnect , you fly right into antoher world. like you you go from one city IRL to another city next to it. The world feels more alive. compared to Airport Oribos
    When was Wetlands ever an expansion zone? When?

Please answer that question.

I'm waiting.

What's that? You can't? That's because Wetlands was never an expansion zone.

I don't care if Twilight Highlands is connected to Wetlands, or Burger King, or the dark side of the moon. The fact is that if you say this expansion sucks because the expansion zones aren't connected, and praise Cata, whose expansion zones are not connected, you have no argument. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    You also couldn't fly to Vash'ir and Tol Barad....
    Wasn't Vashjir actually on the EK map? There is even a flight path on one of the islands over water.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

But not to each other. You cannot moan about Shadowlands zones not being connected to each other and then turn around and praise the only other expansion with zones that weren't connected to each other.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Wasn't Vashjir actually on the EK map? There is even a flight path on one of the islands over water.
    It's on the map..there is no flight path and you could TECHNICALLY fly there but there's a lovely fatigue zone between it....it's literally you might as well use the portal

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    yes you are right, transitions are essential and shadowlands proofs this.
    each zones are nice on their own, but they feel disconnected, due to the terrible design choice
    love WoWarcraft