Poll: You decide: New class, Class skins, 4th specs, or New combos

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Which is the mortal realm. Again, what makes you think they're "setting Elune up to be important in a future story"? From any angle I can see, she's just being set up to be important in this current story.
    "...the Winter Queen refer to a certain life-bound entity as her sister... this apparent counterpart took up a similar position in what we must hypothesize to be a PANTHEON OF LIFE".

I'm asking you because you were the one that made the claim.
    Because they can't give everyone demonic horns? Just like they can't give anyone antlers?
    The reason you can have black eyes is because of the Black Moon's influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    In other words, the class doesn't deserve to be made because it is negligeable, while your argument pertains to Tyrande being made playable because she does unique things that the class does not, and that no other POTM follows.

So we're not actually talking about a POTM class.
    What? how did you get to that conclusion? i said other PotMs are negligible in comparison to Tyrande. Just like other DKs and DHs are in comparison to Arthas and Illidan. I didn't say the class is negligible. PotM and Night Warrior are interchangeable, since Blizzard clearly tries to update their previous concept with that new one.

Yup. You just had blinders on the entire time.

It was ridiculous having to spell this out to you given you already know the lore. 'OMG Liches can't be playable as a class! They are like a race!!!'. Well duh, so are freakin Keepers and Pitlords, but we have classes representing them too.
    No. the race itself cannot be made playable, just like your wouldn't play a Pitlord. Their abilities, however, can be incorporated.

Yeah but it's anally retentive to suggest that all of HOTS abilities must be represented in order to consider it being that class.

Look at Demon Hunters - the Hunt was added as a Covenant ability, and not as a core part of the Demon Hunter class. Wandering Keg - completely missing from Brewmasters and Monks. We still have a fully represented Demon Hunter and Brewmaster because the core WC3 themes are all there in the class.

Hunter is completely able to portray the WC3 POTM Hero, given it has the room to customize its abilities.
    I agree with the WC3 PotM (a lot more than the Priest class). However, would you expect a healing covenant ability for the Hunter (Light of Elune)? or a group-stealth like the Rogue's Shroud of Concealment (Shadowstalk)? or for the Hunter's damage to heal nearby targets (Elune's chosen)?
    Moreover, it could not replicate the Night Warrior. So, we're in a pickle with that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    I'd like to see a Dark Ranger Hero Class, but that's probably never going to happen as people keep beating into my skull. It wouldn't have to be limited to elves and it wouldn't have to be called Dark Ranger, it could just satisfy the fantasy. No, hunter does not satisfy the fantasy. It'd be a class for Blood Elves, Night Elves, Humans, and Forsaken and under another name, it could be extended to trolls in the form of Shadow Hunter and maybe void elves in the form of Umbral Rangers.

I would settle for a class skin if Blizzard would ever give Night Elves and Blood Elves the red eyes and undead skin colors (Personally I want them as model toggles for Forsaken.)
    Look out for Sylvanas' development.
    Plus, Shadow Hunters have nothing to do with Dark Rangers. Don't mix the two.

More race class combo flavour is kind of why I think a Druid would work to represent a Gnome or Goblin mech-form based class skin. It wouldn't have to follow the Druid theme or aesthetics, while allowing Gnomes and Gobbos to keep their cultural flavour. I really didn't like how Priest was handled for them as 'Surgeons', this should be a class skin in itself too.

And really, this Druid class combo wouldn't be in the way of any new Tinker class, any more than Rogue or Warlock get in the way of Demon Hunters. Its just more options.
    Even though i disagree with the concept, as long as it doesn't get in the way of a new class, i guess it can do no harm (as long as it is removed when the new class is added - meaning, a temporary fix).

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I think locking classes to races (for players) was the biggest mistake. In an RPG there is always an appeal to be the outsider/underdog and earn your place. While it makes sense that goblins at large probably have no connection to druidism, being the odd one out that become one despite it, is still an interesting thing to play.
    It nullifies the whole point of being a Goblin.

I feel like that has to fall into roleplay.

Any time that gets officially recognized through gameplay, it just gets janky as heck and doesn't work the way we expect it to. Kinda like if you want to be a Paladin who takes Necrolord covenant cuz you like the covenant power, but the game treats you like a Paladin who has turned to the dark side and treats you like a traitor and an evil-doer even though you're still playing the character as a good guy and you just want the cool ability.
    Necrolords aren't evil. They are war-like.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    What? how did you get to that conclusion? i said other PotMs are negligible in comparison to Tyrande. Just like other DKs and DHs are in comparison to Arthas and Illidan. I didn't say the class is negligible. PotM and Night Warrior are interchangeable, since Blizzard clearly tries to update their previous concept with that new one.
    No, *you personally think* the PotM and Night Warrior are interchangeable. Night Warrior and POTM are two distinct concepts in the lore, with Tyrande being the only known POTM who ritually became a Night Warrior. All other Night Warriors in lore are either alien races, or her Night Elf followers around her at the time of the ritual; none of which were known or recognized to be POTM. And outside of that, there is our own Night Elf of any given class who can become Night Warriors by obtaining the customization. The Night Warrior is the Warrior aspect of Elune, thus it is not exclusive or tied directly to the POTM. This is like implying all Shadow Hunters would be Warchiefs because Vol'jin became one. In both cases, these are simply titles, with the Night Warrior having a specific customization attached to that title.

Again, you're twisting lore to imply something well beyond what is already stated. I've said this many times, our characters can obtain the Blessings of the Night Warrior already through the Darkest Night questline. That is not something that is somehow exclusive to Priestess of the Moon.

I agree with the WC3 PotM (a lot more than the Priest class). However, would you expect a healing covenant ability for the Hunter (Light of Elune)? or a group-stealth like the Rogue's Shroud of Concealment (Shadowstalk)? or for the Hunter's damage to heal nearby targets (Elune's chosen)?
    I expect them not to be represented at all since they are HOTS abilities. Again, tell me where is Wandering Keg? Why is the Hunt a Covenant ability? Clearly HOTS abilities are not a standard part of the WoW class identity, which is much more based on WC3 than it is on HOTS. And in the case of the Hunt, Blizzard absolutely doesn't mind adding HOTS abilities as borrowed power mechanics. So yes, to answer your question, it'd be just as valid if Hunters and Rogues gained that through some elaborate borrowed power mechanic. I wouldn't particularly want that, but seeing as the Hunt is a Night Fae ability, I see it being perfectly valid for Hunters having a heal spell if associated to a POTM covenant, or Shadowstalk, or any ability of that type. I would hesitate to say they'd fold it into a class directly though. Again, I have zero expectations for these to be represented at all, since these are primarily Tyrande-specific abilities in HOTS, and not really a requirement of becoming a Priestess of the Moon player character. Just like how Shamans don't need to have Thrall's Feral Spirit or Sundering abilities.

Moreover, it could not replicate the Night Warrior. So, we're in a pickle with that.
    Nor should it. Night Warrior is a customization available to Night Elves already.

Necrolords aren't evil. They are war-like.
    But the use of Necromancy is considered evil, in the eyes of the Paladin order. Years of history fighting the Scourge and watching brothers amongst their ranks take the darker path in following Arthas should have been clear about the dangers of Necromancy; yet here we are with Paladins willingly using it in Shadowlands with no consequence or lore explanation. Blizzard has absolutely left that up to RP, and they have chosen not to explain it at all.

The choice to play as a good or evil character all comes from personal roleplay. You can be a DK who levels only through herbalism, or a Paladin who kills every civilian NPC they can attack. That is choice-driven gameplay. The game shouldn't just suddenly decide to punish you for going against the nature of your class.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-28 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    since they gave DH only 2 specs, i have ZERO faith in them adding any new thing at all
    if i want, i want everything, including survival return back to ranged, also i can't think of 4th spec for all classes, i can think of tank shammy easily
    but my trust in actiblizz is 0% of them actually doing anything at all
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Ideally a total revamp to the class system, but that's not even expansion material, that's more like new game material.

So in a more realistic fashion, the best thing they could do is class skins. They require no balance, they are probably not that hard to implement, even easier to expand once the systems exists and have the potential to generate content around them.

New combos would be my second choice and honestly, it's not something even worth mentioning, it's just something that should happen ASAP, no big announcement, just a patch note: <whatever race or races> can now be <whatever class>. I believe they are starting to understand that giving the player more choices to express their own view of their character is never a bad thing and that's something that not only applies to haircuts or glowing hands, but also the race/class combo.

A new class is a good thing in the long term, but in the short term it usually has a negative impact in terms of balance and it takes away from other classes/specs. If you happen to enjoy that class it's great, but if you don't like it then it's like having a new toy that you won't be using. 4th specs suffer from something similar and honestly, some classes don't need a forth spec, some need to have less specs not more. Hence why my ideal choice would be a total revamp to the class system, to get rid of specs.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    since they gave DH only 2 specs, i have ZERO faith in them adding any new thing at all
    if i want, i want everything, including survival return back to ranged, also i can't think of 4th spec for all classes, i can think of tank shammy easily
    but my trust in actiblizz is 0% of them actually doing anything at all
    Demon Hunters got 2 specs because there really isn't many places you can go with the concept without stepping on the toes of other classes. You couldn't make a demonic pet spec because that runs into Warlocks. You couldn't make a ranged spell based Demon Hunter because that again runs into Warlocks. You couldn't have a Shadow-based spec because that runs into Rogues and wouldn't play much differently than Havok.

I know Blizzard considered a healing spec, but scrapped the idea because it simply didn't make sense with the class concept.

In short, DHs got 2 specs because the class concept always had very limited design space to work with. It didn't happen because Blizzard is out of ideas for future classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    A new class is a good thing in the long term, but in the short term it usually has a negative impact in terms of balance and it takes away from other classes/specs. If you happen to enjoy that class it's great, but if you don't like it then it's like having a new toy that you won't be using. 4th specs suffer from something similar and honestly, some classes don't need a forth spec, some need to have less specs not more. Hence why my ideal choice would be a total revamp to the class system, to get rid of specs.
    Yeah, but there are people who are currently not playing WoW that could potentially play WoW if a new class is added. So while a current player might not want to play the new class, there are other people that will. I'm willing to bet that there are current subscribers now that are only playing DKs, Monks, and/or DHs and wouldn't be currently subbed if those classes weren't in the game. Thus, it is in Blizzard's best interests to continue to add new classes to the game.

I also don't agree with the notion that new classes destroy balance. Balance has been up and down regardless of expansion, Blizzard revamps classes every expansion, and a level of balance that pleases every player will never happen.

I think 4th spec would be amazing. but hard to achieve
    I play warlock. would love to have tanking spec. game often has low amount tanks and they are always in demand. I don't mind going off tank if group need it so.
    also would be nice for lore. like unlocking this spec. or for story. warlock united under black harvest back in Legion,managed to open new powers and started new spec. for example, back in MoP when Black harvest started, it was them who granted new spells to warlocks. after fighting against Illidan, Deathwing and Cho'Gall ,they brought this knowledge to others

DH starting zone has such example. player DH gets book from demons and learns (and teaches others) new spec.

would be nice tbh

New Combos can make sense too. and class skins
    .for example,make Paladins distinct. let Alliance core races be True Paladins while Draenei/LFD go to Vindicators, Sindorei go back to Blood Knights (light power wielding battlemages), and Tauren go to "Sun Druids" would be pretty cool

similar to Fel Flame of warlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, but there are people who are currently not playing WoW that could potentially play WoW if a new class is added. So while a current player might not want to play the new class, there are other people that will. I'm willing to bet that there are current subscribers now that are only playing DKs, Monks, and/or DHs and wouldn't be currently subbed if those classes weren't in the game. Thus, it is in Blizzard's best interests to continue to add new classes to the game.

I also don't agree with the notion that new classes destroy balance. Balance has been up and down regardless of expansion, Blizzard revamps classes every expansion, and a level of balance that pleases every player will never happen.
    That's why i consider them to be good in the long term and i totally understand why they are good as an expansion feature, they are a great selling point indeed. But personally i rather have something i can enjoy with my class, that's also a reason why class skins are the best choice since they can potentially add a new class and at the same time add new skins for existing ones. Even skins for different classes that are somehow related to the new class to support the whole theme that is being introduced.

About balance... no, they don't destroy balance, but they are unbalanced, more than usual. Precisesly because they are a selling point they tend to put them on a better spot. Honestly i think it's even natural that they do that, the best way for those classes to find their space is to force their way in and eventually they are just part of the herd, with it's ups and downs.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Class Skins all the way, I'll be damned if I didn't chose the option of a light-based Shadow Priest

Edit: or a shadow-based Paladin... for forsaken reasons you know

New class for sure.

Class skins sounds pointless to me, it would take a lot of development time and it would have no impact to the game whatsoever. I guess people who are into transmog would be into it? Idk, as someone who has never once transmogged an item I can't imagine why I would ever want this.

A 4th spec could be interesting, but I think it would end up feeling super forced for some classes. Like sure, a ranged spec for DH with crossbows would be pretty sick, but a class like Hunter doesn't really need a 4th spec. Forcing every class to get a whole new spec would just really break the game I think, but it would also feel bad if half the classes got a 4th spec and the other half didn't, so I think it's probably best to just not do this, at least at the moment.

I also really wouldn't mind new combos, but I also wouldn't care that much. I just don't think it would hurt the game in any way to let people just play the class/race combo they want, but I'm also not convinced it would really help either.

I think a new class just makes things a lot more interesting and will add a lot more to the game than anything else. Will it be balanced? Probably not. But WoW isn't really balanced or competitive in the first place so it hardly matters. Anything that adds more gameplay variety in a 15 year old game is probably a good idea in my eyes.

A new class means another wasted effort trying to justify it...wasted resources trying to balance it against other classes. Even though there are some well written ideas, Blizzard has yet to show that they are on par with them.

"...the Winter Queen refer to a certain life-bound entity as her sister... this apparent counterpart took up a similar position in what we must hypothesize to be a PANTHEON OF LIFE".
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...al/1023891.jpg
    None of that does anything to counter what I said. None of that proves that Elune is being set up for "future stories". From what we can tell, she's being set up for something for right now.

Because they can't give everyone demonic horns? Just like they can't give anyone antlers?
    I'll repeat the question you've avoided to address: why can't they?

- - - Updated - - -

But the use of Necromancy is considered evil, in the eyes of the Paladin order.
    Not just the paladin order, mind you. The Kirin Tor is also vehemently opposed to the use of necromancy. Hell, it was a banned practice even before the Scourge was ever created, since it pre-dates Kel'thuzad even becoming a necormancer, much less a lich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    A new class means another wasted effort trying to justify it...wasted resources trying to balance it against other classes. Even though there are some well written ideas, Blizzard has yet to show that they are on par with them.
    What new class did you feel needed to be justified to be placed into WoW? Death Knights, Pandaren Monks, and Demon Hunters fit just fine into the general lore of the game because they had been part of the game and lore for years up to their release as classes. There are still possible future classes that could also be brought into the game without justification because by all accounts they already exist within the game.

been saying it for years.

Alchemist.

Its already in the game, and you just throw flasks.
    Dmg, Heal
    Can easily create any kind of potion of AOE, Single Target, Escape, Trap -- acid, fire, frost, dark matter, light, corrosion, debuff, buff, nature, like you could get some really cool ideas.
    Alas blizzard will think of some lame shit like.. oh for pvp lets make it throw tar on the ground... you mean like a hunter? yeah ! and then we dont have to make a new graphic or anything, and make it the same not giving it any uniqueness at all!

DK change Blood spec to be more vampire style since we have those more in the game now. Blood sucking, heart ripping, blundgeon, can move fast (shocking for a dk)

We literally also have werewolves... druids... shamans... fuck it make it a new Werewolf class, maybe.. maybe not too much druid abilities would be the same

im just spitting out ideas at work..

No, *you personally think* the PotM and Night Warrior are interchangeable. Night Warrior and POTM are two distinct concepts in the lore, with Tyrande being the only known POTM who ritually became a Night Warrior. All other Night Warriors in lore are either alien races, or her Night Elf followers around her at the time of the ritual; none of which were known or recognized to be POTM. And outside of that, there is our own Night Elf of any given class who can become Night Warriors by obtaining the customization. The Night Warrior is the Warrior aspect of Elune, thus it is not exclusive or tied directly to the POTM. This is like implying all Shadow Hunters would be Warchiefs because Vol'jin became one. In both cases, these are simply titles, with the Night Warrior having a specific customization attached to that title.
    Is Sylvanas not a Dark Ranger anymore after gaining new capabilities from her pact with the Jailer? You're, clearly, missing the obvious - Blizzard's attempt at developing and expanding these two concepts.

Again, you're twisting lore to imply something well beyond what is already stated. I've said this many times, our characters can obtain the Blessings of the Night Warrior already through the Darkest Night questline. That is not something that is somehow exclusive to Priestess of the Moon.
    We're not Night Warriors, and neither are Darkshore NPCs.

"The change occurs over time to any night elf fighting on behalf of Elune while under the darkened moon in Darkshore."

I expect them not to be represented at all since they are HOTS abilities. Again, tell me where is Wandering Keg? Why is the Hunt a Covenant ability? Clearly HOTS abilities are not a standard part of the WoW class identity, which is much more based on WC3 than it is on HOTS. And in the case of the Hunt, Blizzard absolutely doesn't mind adding HOTS abilities as borrowed power mechanics. So yes, to answer your question, it'd be just as valid if Hunters and Rogues gained that through some elaborate borrowed power mechanic. I wouldn't particularly want that, but seeing as the Hunt is a Night Fae ability, I see it being perfectly valid for Hunters having a heal spell if associated to a POTM covenant, or Shadowstalk, or any ability of that type. I would hesitate to say they'd fold it into a class directly though. Again, I have zero expectations for these to be represented at all, since these are primarily Tyrande-specific abilities in HOTS, and not really a requirement of becoming a Priestess of the Moon player character. Just like how Shamans don't need to have Thrall's Feral Spirit or Sundering abilities.
    Are you forgetting that a PotM is a priestess, as well? Healing is what sets it apart from the Hunter (as well as lunar spells).

How can you expect a hunter to have healing abilities when it breaks their very class (DPS only)?

Shamans do have those abilities, just like Kegs are a part of the Monk (and not something completely absent).

Nor should it. Night Warrior is a customization available to Night Elves already.

Tell me how your character can suddenly fight with glaives, have acrobatic skills and can shoot lunar spells with that customization option. Don't delude yourself...

But the use of Necromancy is considered evil, in the eyes of the Paladin order. Years of history fighting the Scourge and watching brothers amongst their ranks take the darker path in following Arthas should have been clear about the dangers of Necromancy; yet here we are with Paladins willingly using it in Shadowlands with no consequence or lore explanation. Blizzard has absolutely left that up to RP, and they have chosen not to explain it at all.

The choice to play as a good or evil character all comes from personal roleplay. You can be a DK who levels only through herbalism, or a Paladin who kills every civilian NPC they can attack. That is choice-driven gameplay. The game shouldn't just suddenly decide to punish you for going against the nature of your class.
    That's why it is explained that the Necrolords are more of warring faction than anything else. If you wanted your Paladin to be evil, you'd choose Venthyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    None of that does anything to counter what I said. None of that proves that Elune is being set up for "future stories". From what we can tell, she's being set up for something for right now.
    You're going to fit an entire Life realm into a single patch within an expansion about Death?
    Yeah... not gonna happen.

I'll repeat the question you've avoided to address: why can't they?
    Because that would break class lore. Any class that isn't a Demon Hunter having horns. Any class that isn't a Druid having antlers.

Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    been saying it for years.

Alchemist.
    You have my support.

Is Sylvanas not a Dark Ranger anymore after gaining new capabilities from her pact with the Jailer? You're, clearly, missing the obvious - Blizzard's attempt at developing and expanding these two concepts.
    Then that is like implying Priests would get all that too because Anduin got the same power up.

And I disagree with that immediate association, because Sylvanas is the only dark ranger shown to side with the Jailer, with probable cause applied to Nathanos. The rest of the Dark Rangers have either run off in hiding or have given up loyalty to Sylvanas. Sylvanas also gets her soul fragment back too, so would all Dark Rangers have this too?

Creatively speaking? Yes a Dark Ranger could be designed with those themes in mind, because Sylvanas sets that possibility. The question is how and why would we suddenly get Dark Rangers with domination powers when the story has even shifted Sylvanas away from the Jailer and giving back her soul?

Are you forgetting that a PotM is a priestess, as well? Healing is what sets it apart from the Hunter (as well as lunar spells).
    Which they never had in WC3, therefore it would not be amiss in a playable class.

I didn't forget that Illidan was a powerful sorcerer capable of rituals and arcane magic either, doesn't mean I think all demon hunters should be spellcasting freely like a mage. There is a difference between gameplay identity and lore backstory. Same if we said all DKs should be former Paladins, or all Warlocks should be former Mages or Shaman. That lore backstory only really applies as fluff, and not a gameplay reason to give DKs Paladin abilities or give Warlocks use of spiritual elemental and arcane powers. And yes, we do have characters like Zeliek and Drak'thul who display this combination, but it is not what our player classes are based on. Our gameplay loosely derives from WC3 and DnD-style (moreso everquest) RPG archetypes.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-28 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    What new class did you feel needed to be justified to be placed into WoW? Death Knights, Pandaren Monks, and Demon Hunters fit just fine into the general lore of the game because they had been part of the game and lore for years up to their release as classes. There are still possible future classes that could also be brought into the game without justification because by all accounts they already exist within the game.
    The whole demon hunter shit wasn't well-written at all. I've said it before about retcons...if a writer has to retcon then it's shit to begin with. It was certainly poorly thought out. If someone handed me such a draft I'd run out of red ink...

Then that is like implying Priests would get all that too because Anduin got the same power up.
    Anduin got no power up. You don't see a difference in his abilities.

And I disagree with that immediate association, because Sylvanas is the only dark ranger shown to side with the Jailer, with probable cause applied to Nathanos. The rest of the Dark Rangers have either run off in hiding or have given up loyalty to Sylvanas. Sylvanas also gets her soul fragment back too, so would all Dark Rangers have this too?
    Ah... the "special" argument. I see you learned from Teriz. So were Arthas, Illidan and Chen and we still got classes based on them and their abilities.

Creatively speaking? Yes a Dark Ranger could be designed with those themes in mind, because Sylvanas sets that possibility. The question is how and why would we suddenly get Dark Rangers with domination powers when the story has even shifted Sylvanas away from the Jailer and giving back her soul?
    Why? because that would make the Dark Ranger more of a complete class rather than just a Hunter with purple magic.

Which they never had in WC3, therefore it would not be amiss in a playable class.
    Tyrande healed Broxigar's wounds, for example.

I didn't forget that Illidan was a powerful sorcerer capable of rituals and arcane magic either, doesn't mean I think all demon hunters should be spellcasting freely like a mage. There is a difference between gameplay identity and lore backstory. Same if we said all DKs should be former Paladins, or all Warlocks should be former Mages or Shaman. That lore backstory only really applies as fluff, and not a gameplay reason to give DKs Paladin abilities or give Warlocks use of spiritual elemental and arcane powers. And yes, we do have characters like Zeliek and Drak'thul who display this combination, but it is not what our player classes are based on. Our gameplay loosely derives from WC3 and DnD-style (moreso everquest) RPG archetypes.
    Oh, so you're saying she was previously a Priest and now she is something else?
    Please provide lore backup on how she changed professions.

A
    Oh, so you're saying she was previously a Priest and now she is something else?
    Please provide lore backup on how she changed professions.
    I am saying the lore doesn't fully represent or equate Lore Heroes to Playable Classes.

Thrall has warrior background, thus he can wear plate. Shamans class can't wear plate.

Anduin can choose to use plate armor and a 2-H sword. Priests class does not follow his example.

Tyrande has never had gameplay showing her healing. All of that exists in lore. Even in WoW she has zero heal abilities, yet she retains Starfall.

Saurfang grappled rogues in stealth. Warrior class can't target invisible enemies.

Special cases given to heroes that aren't reflected by classes. WC3 heroes and WoW classes aren't subject to representing everything a hero does.

So when you say a POTM can do X and Y because Tyrande does, that is not a case that all POTM would follow. Just as Anduin can use a 2h sword does not mean the Priest class should represent that as well.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-28 at 04:59 PM.

I am saying the lore doesn't fully represent or equate Lore Heroes to Playable Classes.

Thrall has warrior background, thus he can wear plate. Shamans class can't wear plate.

Anduin can choose to use plate armor and a 2-H sword. Priests class does not follow his example.

Tyrande has never had gameplay showing her healing. All of that exists in lore. Even in WoW she has zero heal abilities, yet she retains Starfall.

Saurfang grappled rogues in stealth. Warrior class can't target invisible enemies.

Special cases given to heroes that aren't reflected by classes. WC3 heroes and WoW classes aren't subject to representing everything a hero does.

So when you say a POTM can do X and Y because Tyrande does, that is not a case that all POTM would follow. Just as Anduin can use a 2h sword does not mean the Priest class should represent that as well.
    All you provided are armor and weapon excuses, not abilities. This is not about Tyrande's plate shoulders or longsword. It is about her healing capabilities.
    Anduin still uses Priest abilities and Thrall still uses Shaman abilities.

You're going to fit an entire Life realm into a single patch within an expansion about Death?
    Yeah... not gonna happen.
    Who said anything about "fitting an entire life realm into a single patch"? Not to mention that Blizzard has fit "an entire universe in a single patch" i.e. Legion's 7.3 patch, where we see Argus, and visit so many different planets in the cosmos. Or how "the entire Emerald Dream" was fit into a single raid?

That aside, we're talking about Elune, not an entire realm.

Because that would break class lore. Any class that isn't a Demon Hunter having horns. Any class that isn't a Druid having antlers.
    Congratulations. You debunked yourself. Blindfolds for night elves does not break class fantasy nor does it make it a demon hunter, because blindfolds are not an exclusive feature to DHs like their horns, or druid antlers.