Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    List of current and older shows

1: Thunderbolt Fantasy.

Not technically an anime, but made by one of the best writer/producers of anime. It's a puppet show, now that will scare people off. It almost got me.. but once you look at the fights and the craftsmanship of this whole ordeal. You might be impressed. The voiceacting and characters are also god damn top tier.

Psycho Pass.
    Dystopian Cyberpunk with underlying themes of humanity, morality,and overreliance on technology to make decisions for us. Also partially made by Gen Urobochi. I'd say if you like Ghost in the Shell this might scratch an itch.

Aldnoah Zero:
    It's a mech show and wouldn't you know it.. Yeah it's a Gen Urobochi production (partially). I'm a fan. I can't deny it. But no worries. Remaining shows are not from that man. Aldnoah isn't about the guy in the overpowered mech. But more about the guys in underpowered mechs who has to fight the overpowereds with grit, brain and tenacity. First season was stellar. Second was OK but well worth a watch.

Hajime no Ippo
    Boxing anime, and it's .. well it's a shounen. There's tropes abound and it's not exactly a brain-energizer. But the fights, the humor, and the characters have made me follow the manga for far too many years now. Well worth a watch.

Black Lagoon:

Japanese salaryman gets kidnapped by mercs, gets stockholm syndromed and becomes a powerplayer in the Roanaputra underworld. Guns, action and good animation.

7+ Year Old Account
    List in no particular oder so here goes:

Suisai no Gargantia
    91 days
    Kore wa, zombie desu ka/is this a zombie?
    Bungo stray dogs
    fate/grand order absolut demonic front babylonia
    macross frontier
    kara no kyoukai
    bakemonogatar (basically all of the monogatari series)
    no game no life
    the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya

I have been a huge fan of anime since childhood. I don't know, she charmed when I was still a child and I was interested in watching their world, adventures, reincarnations. But there are a few of my favorites, which every year I revise and every year I grow up and understand and penetrate more and more. And in this article you can see more exciting anime films and TV series.

Top 5 anime recommendations

My top 5 anime recommendations are:
    1- Death Note - It has a fantastic story with a cat and mouse game that's unparalleled with anything else out there.
    2- Jujutsu Kaisen - A boy swallows a cursed talisman - the finger of a demon - and becomes cursed himself.
    3- Demon Slayer - a bumpier ride with great animation, but when everyone’s efforts are coordinated towards the same goal, the result is simply spectacular.
    4- Black cover - Great fantassy story people obsess with magic will surely loved it but its kinda slow pace.
    5- Attack on titan - One of my most favorite anime teaches us not to give up and keep fighting.

Attack on Titan - Earns my respect for not resorting to the same old anime tropes that are just getting old by now, and that's before the amazing plot. The fact that multiple episodes of theirs are the top rated ever in anime and TV history says more than enough.

Death Note - Perfect starting anime.

RWBY - It's mostly popular because its creator, Monty Oum, was one of the world's greatest 3D animators and choreographer when it comes to fights. Easily puts all of Hollywood to shame. I do like the story though even though people do like to hate on it.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood - Also an amazing story with amazing action.

Demon Slayer - The plot isn't anything special or amazing, but probably has the largest production budget of any anime ever made, giving it god tier visuals.

1 - My Hero Academia: Super motivating, really good character building.

2 - Haikyuu: High school volleyball so the stakes aren't as high but it's still super motivating and fun.

3 - Kill La Kill: Super funny take on the magical girl trope that actually manages to be pretty cool despite how utterly ridiculous the premise is.

4 - Laid-Back Camp: Sooooo damn chill.

5 - Mushi Shi: Great music (Which is true of 1-3 on this list as well). Really mysterious and different.

Honorable Mentions: Barakamon, Aldnoah Zero, Jujutsu Kaisen (that Season 1 ending song is litty), SakuraQuest, Restaurant to Another World, ReLife, Disastrous Life of Saiki K, Lucky Star
    Last edited by Rexosaurus; 2021-11-24 at 07:08 AM.

What anime for fans of Shield Hero and Overlord?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    What anime for fans of Shield Hero and Overlord?
    Interspecies Reviewers

More of a manga reader, so my anime picks might be a bit more questionable in terms of quality compared to other anime series.

One Piece
    Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Berserk (the 3D series is questionable quality)
    UC Gundam
    One Punch Man (at least first season)

I haven't been through the whole thread, but one I think might not have been mentioned is Gintama. Hands down one of the funniest anime I've seen. It's feudal Japan mixed with space aliens/tech and the main protagonist and titular character Gin is alternatively a badass and a clown. There have been a lot of comedy animes out there that have tickled me, but none have so consistently elicited a full-on belly laugh out of me as this series. Some of the references require a bit of knowledge on Japanese culture or personalities, but most are pretty easy to suss out even without. I first watched the series on Crunchyroll ages ago and I still go back from time to time when I need a pickmeup.

Im enjoying that time I was reincarnated as a slime.

Terrible name but everything else is super high quality. Plus its a video game like world which anime like the shield hero and goblin slayer do really well also if you're interested in the video game world genre

Oh, also, Space Dandy. Like Cowboy Bebop, it has fantastic music.

The bassline gives me ASMR chills.

One Piece (from episode 1 to....when they started the filler bullcrap)
    Soul Eater
    Kill la Kill
    Cowboy Beebop
    One Punch Man

one punch man is boring, he's bored of 1 punching whole show

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyxoxo View Post
    one punch man is boring, he's bored of 1 punching whole show
    The reason why the show is brilliant is because He is so boring to watch that every single side character becomes the main character of the show.
    I never seen such a big emphasis on side characters like in One Punch Man.

edit: maybe my last statement is not true...and just a perception due to how overpowered and boring he is
    Last edited by Chadow; 2021-12-04 at 06:08 AM.