Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    If you played through all of Legion and had a good time you got value out of the game? I don't really get what you mean by "they threw the content I paid for in the trash bin" unless you mean them making another expansion which invalidated Legion as that wasn't max level anymore. But that's how it's always been since TBC. A new expansion comes out and the focus shifts to the new zones/dungeons/raids/battlegrounds or whatever.
    Yes, back then I was a naive kid going with the flow. Now that I play other games, I’m not seeing these practices elsewhere other than WoW. The entire game of WoW both retail and classic just feels like a money grabbing scam now.

- - - Updated - - -

And as much as I want to play it, there is so much more that’s making me not want to do so. At the moment I just wanna be able to play content I already paid for even if not at the originally intended difficulty or setup. Turning all previous expansion raids into something easier in difficulty, remotely queueable and playable with a smaller number of people, as well as a permanent rotation of timewalking are my top wishes for what I would love to spend time on when playing WoW. Just the bare minimum that other mmos are doing basically.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-09-17 at 02:14 AM.

how do you not have a few hours over a two week period seriously manage your time better if it means that much to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Because Blizzard wants to maximize subs by exploiting FOMO and doesn't give a shit about the experience their customers are having. If they did then the MoP and WoD legendary questlines and the Mage Tower would have never been removed in the first place.
    Lol and the opposite is also true.

Give everyone welfare/catchup and let them skip entire patches of stuff/do at own pace in 2 days (e.g if remvoed lfr wing locks) than complain there is no content. Blizzard is playing both sides here.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyE View Post
    how do you not have a few hours over a two week period seriously manage your time better if it means that much to you.
    The game feels like a single player game with all the fun stripped out of it, most people will not manage there time for that crappy of an experience and most players have stopped listening. Maybe Blizzard should have listened to the players when they were just mad...

yes but if something comes into the game that YOU want, you should be an adult and manage your time around it not comlain.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyE View Post
    yes but if something comes into the game that YOU want, you should be an adult and manage your time around it not comlain.
    It’s not about time management, it’s simply not worth it currently even with these changes.

It's a bit of a shame, really. I know patch 9.1.5 brings a lot of QoL changes in regards to alts, both at max level and for leveling.

But I want to get every transmog without having to wait half a year for the event to roll around again and having to do everything within a span of 7 days.

So now I've started leveling every class I didn't already have at 60 in preparation. Hopefully they scale it in a way that gear is largely unimportant.

Would be great if 9.1.5 didn't actually launch with Legion TW active but gave people a chance to take advantage of all the alt improvements first.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Thing is I paid for the legion expansion and had an active subscription throughout its entirety. They took my money and threw the content I paid for in the trash bin. So I feel like I got scammed. This is what others have been calling parasitic game design. No other mmo does this. If the content is being made relevant again even if for one week every month and a half, I’d come back. But once every 6 months is just...I dunno what to call it. I just don’t understand why they treat their paying customers like that. No other mmo does this to their players. It feels like abuse.
    ok, let me explain you 2 things:

1)
    what you described is totally correct and its simply their business model. as you said you already HAVE paid that money. they already have your money. now they watch out which elses money they can get. your problem is solely that you dont understand how a multibillion dollar company makes money. did you thought Blizz is your friend?

If you wanna be valued as a longterm loyal customer you are TOTALLY at the wrong place at ATVI, EA and others. this is NOT their business model.

2)
    you think they need you. they want your money. they do not. they piss on you. they give a fuck about you. what they want is THE money. much of it. not YOUR money. because if they just can get your money by doing specific things (like investing much into the game, etc) and this is not efficient enough for them, monetizing wise, they simply piss on you. they work as cost effective as possible. make the most money with the least investment. by smart cash grab systems, cheap shit „systems“ instead real (expensive) content, milk the cow and so on. if you wanna something from Blizz thats not effective in that business model, its a minus for them. thats why they piss on you. they have their business model and want as much money from as much ppl, they TARGET with this business model, as possible. they dont target YOU. you are not effective for them. thats why they piss on your money. this concept is something you have to realize.

its like saying „omg Toyota dont build a Lamborghini, they dont want my money“ (even when its not a good comparisson, but you get the point)…

- - - Updated - - -

It’s not about time management, it’s simply not worth it currently even with these changes.
    then DONT pay them. if its not worth DONT pay for it.

its their business model and when you pay them, they for sure will not do more/better, just for fun. they will stick to their cost effective business model as long as they can make enough profit with it. they will not stop or getting better, when you pay them. for things you think its not worth.

so just do what so many many ppls more and more do and did the last 1-2-3 years: if you think its cheap shit or if you dont like it, DONT pay for it. pay for things you think its worth. if you think what Blizz offers is not worth the money, DONT pay for it.

simple as that.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-09-17 at 05:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need to wait for 6 months to see it again?
    I will be fully focused on a new gaming adventure around the same time as the release of 9.1.5 and was wondering, why not have timewalking be permanent, rotating on a weekly basis to a different expansion? Even then, legion content will still take a while to be seen again, but at least we would have a variety of content to do at max level for casuals.

What do you guys think?
    Things aren't always going to be available when they are events? You had to wait in Legion too once the Mage Tower time had lapsed. And just like people have to wait for the Timewalking they want, so do we have for the tower it seems. Seems quite logical in the setup. I mean, some people have to wait to get certain achievements too?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Timewalking should just always be up imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Things aren't always going to be available when they are events? You had to wait in Legion too once the Mage Tower time had lapsed. And just like people have to wait for the Timewalking they want, so do we have for the tower it seems. Seems quite logical in the setup. I mean, some people have to wait to get certain achievements too?
    I think it has to do with how empty the game feels right now. There isn't much to do really that isnt a mindless chore like torghast or dailies. People are excited for something interesting to do.

Problem is blizzard has precious little content to recycle that isn't dungeons and raids.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Timewalking should just always be up imo.
    if timewalking was up every single week that would mean that the quest to do 5 and get a normal piece of gear would also be available every single week. it would turn into a weekly chore that you do on alts or your main depending on what level you raid at. we need less weekly chores; having a different event every week is fine, having timewalking every single week is not ideal for anyone.

This mage tower throw bone is ridiculous.. what next? Weekly garrison event?

I will be fully focused on a new gaming adventure around the same time as the release of 9.1.5 and was wondering, why not have timewalking be permanent, rotating on a weekly basis to a different expansion? Even then, legion content will still take a while to be seen again, but at least we would have a variety of content to do at max level for casuals.

What do you guys think?
    The number of people in this game interested in cosmetics always astonish me.

Wish I was interested too, at least I would have something to do in-game without having to party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    I think it has to do with how empty the game feels right now. There isn't much to do really that isnt a mindless chore like torghast or dailies. People are excited for something interesting to do.

Problem is blizzard has precious little content to recycle that isn't dungeons and raids.
    And if you give unlimited access to Mage Tower, then that will be in the list of people's moaning and whining as 'chores' after a few weeks. Honestly, the WoW fanbase the past 10 years have become locust, it wants everything now, and when it is gone, they complain that there is nothing to do. It is one of the main problems in MMOs and the only solution is to either cut down production on larger things and bloat the game with a TON of random crap that might not interest the majority or gate things behind a timer/progression.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    This mage tower throw bone is ridiculous.. what next? Weekly garrison event?
    Eh.. That one made no sense, as you have all features and events for your Garrison available, you didn't have Mage Tower available all the time.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I am interested in seeing how the fight is on time walking. Will we get easy end of patch mage tower or everyone will be calling for nerfs first patch mage tower..
    What gear will work in there. Will you load out on your bis from bfa and SL and stomp the bosses or will the gear be disabled??

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    if timewalking was up every single week that would mean that the quest to do 5 and get a normal piece of gear would also be available every single week. it would turn into a weekly chore that you do on alts or your main depending on what level you raid at. we need less weekly chores; having a different event every week is fine, having timewalking every single week is not ideal for anyone.
    But, the entire game feels like a chore fest. At least vary it out a bit? Seriously wow has become a chore simulator. “Collect” is the one word I can describe it with. Titles, achieves and mounts. All collected through extremely painful chores. Everything is dictated to you. You cannot think of ways to play it to your liking or even enjoy it anymore.

Besides, nobody said replace other events with it. You can have overlapping events. No?
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-09-17 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    And if you give unlimited access to Mage Tower, then that will be in the list of people's moaning and whining as 'chores' after a few weeks. Honestly, the WoW fanbase the past 10 years have become locust, it wants everything now, and when it is gone, they complain that there is nothing to do. It is one of the main problems in MMOs and the only solution is to either cut down production on larger things and bloat the game with a TON of random crap that might not interest the majority or gate things behind a timer/progression.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh.. That one made no sense, as you have all features and events for your Garrison available, you didn't have Mage Tower available all the time.
    Only if they make it mandatory for progression... people complain about chores because for years blizzard has added more and more chores.
    Last edited by Empower; 2021-09-17 at 12:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are just cosmetics, nothing more.

I agree full-hearty that TW should be around more often, but if you want all the rewards you'll just have to make it happen. It'll probably be a stupidly dumbed down version of the Magetower anyways, since it's only up for two weeks.

No need to twist this thread into a 'If blizz wants mah money, they better dance to my tune'.

What do you guys think?
    They said Tower Mage will be up EVERY TW week not only for TBC one