Venture Plan - Addon

Am I the only one constantly experiencing missions failing even though it says "Victorious" with this addon?
    I know this has been a problem with earlier "command table"-ish things. (Legion / WoD)

Am I missing something? Is it bugged? Is it impossible for missions to actually be 100% guaranteed?

It almost only/always happens with the "big" missions. for Cinders and Ash and Campaign progress.

Quote Originally Posted by SalcN View Post
    Am I the only one constantly experiencing missions failing even though it says "Victorious" with this addon?
    I know this has been a problem with earlier "command table"-ish things. (Legion / WoD)

Am I missing something? Is it bugged? Is it impossible for missions to actually be 100% guaranteed?

It almost only/always happens with the "big" missions. for Cinders and Ash and Campaign progress.
    It's impossible to 100% predict whether you would win or lose because there are many units with random abilities.

The only way to guarantee a win is to basically have higher total health and dmg than the enemies.
    I found that in that case it is pretty much guaranteed (I'll say 99% because I haven't lost one like that yet).

Other than that you need to actually read the abilities and organize your teams according to that.

I personally have a team of level 60 followers (one of them is only 59 but like 10k xp away) who basically can do anything at this point easy.

Quote Originally Posted by SalcN View Post

So there is a fan update here https://github.com/hythloday/VenturePlanSoDMissions

However, I use venture plan just for it's sexy interface. And use this https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...tmissionhelper for mission success.

They work together fine. Just input a follower, then click venture plans button to fill in troops for you, then click the red button for cov miss helper and it will arrange units for a higher chance of success.

The venture plan author abandoned the addon sadly.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    The venture plan author abandoned the addon sadly.
    He did not actually abandon the addon, he is merely taking a break from WoW.
    https://www.townlong-yak.com/box/hiatus

Perhaps that is what you meant, but "abandon" is a very strong word to use in that context as it implies more than just a break.

The author could be returning any day now as autumn is just about upon us. In the meantime, there are forks available, like the one you linked, that will add functionality for 9.1 missions and additional followers.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Abandoned is an accurate description for an addon that is not being updated and no longer works properly in the current patch. You can of course abandon something and then pick it back up later, it doesn't imply the decision was irrevocable.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Abandoned is an accurate description for an addon that is not being updated and no longer works properly in the current patch. You can of course abandon something and then pick it back up later, it doesn't imply the decision was irrevocable.
    Tend to agree. I wasn't putting a negative spin to his addon at all. When you say you will no longer update the addon, and it breaks for current content...it's abandoned. At least for the time being.