Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Of the fire EU started.

I imagine these little green men don't actually exist?

Of the fire EU started.

All Russia did there was give Ukraine better deal then EU accession agreement; EU and US decided that rather then outbid Russia it's better for Yanukovich to go down in flames of protests while going "Dispersing protests? Pure dictatorship! Time for immediate sanctions on your government!" and literally distributing cookies to protestors to show support...
    Blame the EU and the US for not wanting Ukraine to be as corrupted as Russia is.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Like when they supported democracy and non corrupt government ?
    Like they supported literal revolution and suspension of rule of law, and replaced old corrupt government with another equally corrupt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Blame the EU and the US for not wanting Ukraine to be as corrupted as Russia is.
    Yes, "F*** Ukraine, getting potshots at Russia is where it's at" is common attitude in both EU and US politicians.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I imagine these little green men don't actually exist?
    Yes, there were none in Kiev.

When they appeared you could already insert EU into iconic "this is fine" image.

Do you admit that Russia looks more and more like an autocracy, with the Medvedev swing, the consitutional reform, and that if Putin remains in power and retires at 84, he might have ruled for 37 years !?! I get people like a strong leader, the nostalgia of an empire (I'm from a country who lost it's " grandeur "), even if he's reelected by people, does anything he does ever worry any of his supporters ? That's what I son't understand, and as I said I'm not hostile to Russia. But from Crimea to political opponents, to constitutional, does anyone among his supporters ever mean " He's going roo far on this one " or " I'll support him anyway but yes, he's going too far ". Because, what I fear is " Whatever he does or will do is what shall be done ".

How exactly do you measure "direct threat"? US can invade you just as easily; just like with Russia, their "protection" is conditional on your behavior and their own geopolitical calculus.

Sure, everyone projects their own mentality on others; that's how humans operate.

- - - Updated - - -

We do have friends and allies, and we do want them - that's false dichotomy.

Obviously given everything happening in US right now and for decades before that i disagree.
    Holy strawman, dude. What's next, aliens? Are you even trying anymore?

No need to project, just need to listen to your goverment. I am sure you are a huge fan of Zakharova's eternal whining.

You do not have friends, you do not have allies, at best - Belarus, but not anymore. I already pointed this out before, both regarding the "Russia has only two allies - army and navy" mentality, as well as the tendency to view your supposed allies as vassals/subjects, then getting angry each time they don't just blindly do what you demand.
    You do not get what words "allies" and "friends" mean. It is a fucked up mentality, directly connected to imperialism. Once more - just like China.

Did you see Russia attacking those friendly to it? Why not try that instead?

"US is threat to entire world, as proven by Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya" - therefore countries should always flock to biggest bully on current world stage... yeah, nope.
    Ukraine was for all intents and purposes friendly, братский народ was not exactly far fetched slogan. Georgia - up to a point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    Do you admit that Russia looks more and more like an autocracy,
    "Looks" (as in "painted by Western media"), sure. "Actually becomes one"? A lot more complicated then that.

with the Medvedev swing, the consitutional reform, and that if Putin remains in power and retires at 84, he might have ruled for 37 years !?! I get people like a strong leader, the nostalgia of an empire (I'm from a country who lost it's " grandeur "), even if he's reelected by people, does anything he does ever worry any of his supporters ?
    Of course people get worried. Why wouldn't they? But generally it works out one way or another.

"In a world of blind, one-eyed man is a king". Actual experience does help to understand which trends are transitory and which are there to stay.

Got to note that i'm not "supporter"; understanding why he does what he does is different from "supporting" it.

I would prefer things to develop in a different direction; sadly, destabilization of modern world doesn't leave much room for growing openness that doesn't immediately gets exploited to make things worse. Insecurity doesn't leave room for "democratic growth".

That's what I son't understand, and as I said I'm not hostile to Russia. But from Crimea to political opponents, to constitutional, does anyone among his supporters ever mean " He's going roo far on this one " or " I'll support him anyway but yes, he's going too far ". Because, what I fear is " Whatever he does or will do is what shall be done ".
    With Crimea a lot more were going "he is not going far enough". ...actually, that applies to a lot of other things too. He is overly cautious "don't rock the boat" guy.

In "democratic" Russia you would likely see a lot more forceful actions.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2021-11-10 at 01:15 PM.

Australia to pay 550 millions compensation to Naval Group SA

"The failed deal with France has cost Australia A$3.4 billion ($2.4 billion), Albanese said. He declined to comment on whether Australia could potentially purchase some nuclear submarines from the US as an interim measure before any vessels are built under the AUKUS pact."

good job! money well spent.. lol

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...th-naval-group