Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    To those saying it’s practically free through the token, well the amount of gold needed would literally turn me into a slave-like addicted player ruining my entire life as a result of needing to make gold just to play for free. That has to be the most miserable and punishing way to play a game where your only objective is making gold so you can spend time in game not having fun but slaving away. Everything else needs money to enjoy the game fully so it’s basically impossible to achieve and keep your sanity while dealing with the most toxic group of people both in game and those responsible for its development. Unless token prices go down to a fixed price never exceeding 25k gold, it will never feel balanced.

With todays (BFA & Shadowlands*) content it should be free to play. You should just have to buy the game + expansion.

Tell me you are a high school student without telling me you are a high school student - The Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    $15 bucks a month.

But if you subscribe for 3 months at a time, $14 bucks a month.

Additionally, if you subscribe for 6 months at a time, $13 bucks a month.

Thats what a WoW subscription price should be. Oh wait...
    Yup. Once again threads like this prove that gamers are cheap. 50 cents a day for basically all you enjoy entertainment from a game is ridiculously cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The time for the sub to die is now. It's at a critical point where people are flocking to FF XIV.

Charge for the expansions, sure. Maybe it'll even convince them to make more.
    Really. Last time I checked you needed to pay $15/month to play FF14 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Yup. Once again threads like this prove that gamers are cheap. 50 cents a day for basically all you enjoy entertainment from a game is ridiculously cheap.
    Except that that's just the one service, total costs are a lot higher due to hardware costs and service fees for i.e. internet and electricity.

Additionally what's cheap is decided by the market (=both black and white markets) and given the prices there... well it would be highly unrealistic and dishonest to say that 50 cents per day is cheap next to things like steam. Or pirate bay (or whatever spinoff name currently in vogue). Or private servers.

So yes, judging WoW's price by the merits of its product is certainly a valid way of determining its acceptable price - from a consumer perspective, of course.

Personally i do not find it worth paying fir at all nowadays, and as such i do not. Though that has less to do with the price and more to do with the subscription-basis (subscriptions tug at the mind so to speak; i'd much prefer prepaid or paying upfront) of the game, as well as its presently lacking content.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

It's at a good level right now, any cheaper and all that F2P MMO vermin starts seeping in, if you don't think that sounds bad you didn't play enough F2P MMOs

$15.

50 cents per day is not expensive.

edit: Because of how often they push the store, I can see it at $10.

10+ Year Old Account
    No sub. If you have micro-transactions you can't warrant a sub fee.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthope View Post
    If you could wave a magic wand, what do you think a WoW subscription should be per month?
    In my opinion 3 options:

a) 15$ per month as it is right now with a low amount of cashshop stuff
    b) 25$ per month but with way more content in all directions
    c) free but with a massive (!) amount of cashshop stuff

I would prefer a

I mean sub fee is literally nothing and gold for a playtime token is farmed in max 2 weeks without any problems.

7+ Year Old Account
    Given how bad the game as been i would say -10$ a month.

Atm I'd only play if it was free. But if they change things around and make an actually fun game then price is fine as it is.

If WoW were worth playing, it would be worth paying $15/month (or even more) to play it. I mean, how much do you value an hour of your time, and how many hours/month do or did you spend playing WoW?

Turning that around in the contrapositive, if WoW is not worth spending money to play, it's not worth playing.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    It's at a good level right now, any cheaper and all that F2P MMO vermin starts seeping in, if you don't think that sounds bad you didn't play enough F2P MMOs
    This mindset will surely lead to the end of WoW. We have a buy to play game with no subs at the moment that happens to be attracting a substantial amount of ex and current WoW players. I don’t see the devs of this new game worrying about this issue. Or any other game for that matter. If anything, WoW despite being a sub game has more botters and real money traders / gold sellers than any other game due to its past popularity.

I used to think WoW was really good value for money, not anymore. So $15 / month is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    For two and a half months sub you can get a whole new fresh and exciting game with no sub. Actually, for the same price of a WoW expansion, without the two and half months sub. WoW would need to be 10 times more interesting to be worth the sub fee.
    There's also countless games (that I even like) that you can pay 2 and a half months worth and I'm done playing them within a month.

The same it's been for me for the past 11 years; 12 euro, or since WoD, the value of the WoW Token.

Anyone not thinking it's worth that, can just make a choice not to pay and gtfo. People bitching about the sub cost are just too pathetic to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    We can also say that you pay around 300-400 Bucks for an Expansion + being subbed for its enterity.

You know, presenting the same numbers in a different fashion to support your case is fun.

Honestly they should atleasy half the sub price, possibly remove it altogether, until they got their shit together again and are able to deliver GOOD content in regular intervals (that is not once in 12 months).

Feel like all services in the cash shop should be baseline transfers and character customizations are all automatic and factions and servers are already fucked beyond repair so the whole " we don't want players to abuse these " seems an empty argument.

The extra cashshop items annoy me with the time wasted on what should be baseline in game but if services were made free I could overlook it with the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    We can also say that you pay around 300-400 Bucks for an Expansion + being subbed for its enterity.

You know, presenting the same numbers in a different fashion to support your case is fun.
    Over the course of 2 years the average still is only about 55 cents a day. Hardly an expense worth worrying about.

Over the course of 2 years average